OOC 4

Dieter 2005-06-01 18:36:59
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 12:12 pm on June 1, 2005
Where to now? Back to the Chance?

Well, here's the thing. If we got back to the Chance would we be able to get out?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-01 19:05:22
Judging from the results of every other time someone or something has tried to prevent you from leaving a location, I would say yes. :)
Dieter 2005-06-01 19:09:38
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 1:05 pm on June 1, 2005
Judging from the results of every other time someone or something has tried to prevent you from leaving a location, I would say yes. :)

Ok then. I suggest Aurelia have the Navcomputer coordinates layed in for a region of open space. We most likely won't have time to do that later.
Gatac 2005-06-01 19:12:20
Well, that's what we have the "Go ANYWHERE!" button for, right?

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-01 19:22:08
Always in motion are the heavens. Care you must take with hyperspace - danger you will bring if inside a gravity well you astrogate.

So... no. You need to plot a course right before you actually jump. There's no guarantee the ship will be leaving on the vector or at the time you plan the jump to happen. At least the "go anywhere" button gets the ship's current heading and the current positions of the various gravity wells and stars.
fanchergw 2005-06-01 19:35:49
Off-planet works for me. No telling what kind of chaos will emerge to fill Gulgo's vacuum.
Aihal the Silent 2005-06-01 21:43:15
If anyone wanted to become a crimelord by taking over a previously established criminal infrastructure, now would probably be the time. :-)

Lent, however, feels that they have used up most of their current luck supply and thus need to hightail it back the ship for a refuel.

In fact, Lent will most likely trip and fall on a landmine or have his blaster explode and kill him on the way there.

"Ok Benn, don't roll a 1 and you can survive this."

*rolls a 1*

(Edited by Aihal the Silent at 2:44 pm on June 1, 2005)

(Edited by Aihal the Silent at 2:44 pm on June 1, 2005)
Dieter 2005-06-01 21:49:52
Quote:

Quote: from Aihal the Silent on 3:43 pm on June 1, 2005

"Ok Benn, don't roll a 1 and you can survive this."

*rolls a 1*

Aaaaiiiieeeee! ;)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-03 15:20:29
So...

Is the consensus to return to the ship first, whether or not you plan on usurping Gulgo's criminal empire for yourselves?

And speaking of that, does anyone want to be the Space Godfather (or were you guys joking)?
Dieter 2005-06-03 15:33:17
I wasn't joking about setting up shop. ;)

I say we send an anonymous tip to the local Imperial authorities with the description of the Gulgo's shuttle and such. If we can't catch them, maybe the Empire will do us the favor.

Would the Chance fit in the now vacant docking bay at Gulgos?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-03 15:44:58
There are docking bays connected to the installation that -would- hold the Chance, but not the one that was just vacated. That one's like a James Bond villain escape shuttle thing.
fanchergw 2005-06-03 17:24:28
I don't know about "Space Godfather", but I'm sure Jileeza can come up with a variety of illicit activities to run out of this place... ;)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-03 17:32:15
I should also mention that we are approaching the end of the story, so there's no metagame reason why you guys need to choose as a group. If just Wayde and 'Za want to take over Gulgo's place, and Arnae and everyone else want to keep space truckin', that's fine.
Dieter 2005-06-03 17:47:57
I'm kind of ready for a new character. After playing KOTOR, I have a few ideas.
Aihal the Silent 2005-06-03 18:09:00
Lent will use this as a base of operations if the new owners so allow. The voice in his head is urging him to seek out any remnants of the Jedi. While he most likely won't participate in any more "illicit activities" than necessary, he would be happy to oversee security and aid in the defense of the compound while not on his quest.

Is there going to be a new SW game?
Gatac 2005-06-03 18:14:03
Well, I guess it's time for Erit to part with the group. He's definately not sticking around to run a criminal enterprise, though he's not adverse to go with anyone else who doesn't want to be part of it.

Gatac
fanchergw 2005-06-03 18:28:23
Damn! I'm really enjoying playing Jileeza, but it sounds like everybody else wants to be all goody-two-shoes. ;)

I wasn't suggesting that 'Za wouldn't leave the place to gad about the star system, just that she might be making some money on the side whenever they came home. Of course, if they're not going to spend any time there, there's no point in taking the place over. Might as well just blow it smithereens and move on.

If people just really don't want to associate with a villain like Jileeza, I guess I'll have to come up with some other idea for a character.
Dieter 2005-06-03 18:29:16
Wayde will retire to a tropical island on a moon in some far off planetary system in the Outer Rim and perhaps gets some hookers and play Sabaac.

Eh...forget the Sabaac.