OOC Act I

Gatac 2014-09-08 12:32:49
I'm cool with that. Let the princess get her way for now, we lesser mortals gotta work for our happy ending. :)
Community Lotion 2014-09-09 18:36:37
Admiral Duck Sauce wrote:

Heh. It's not a vote, because we established, but yeah.

True. However, if anyone has a better idea for the narrative, I'm happy to let you choose!
MikeS 2014-09-09 19:41:15
Who are you giving the white die to?

I'm tempted to follow the trend and resolve Drew's next scene, partially because I'm not sure where to start. Could be that Drew went back to his store to grab the important stuff, then get the hell out of Dodge, since he's got mafia goons after him, and there could be an encounter at the store.

We could have him meet Donna next morning, too.
Community Lotion 2014-09-09 22:20:06
MikeS wrote:

Who are you giving the white die to?

I'm tempted to follow the trend and resolve Drew's next scene, partially because I'm not sure where to start. Could be that Drew went back to his store to grab the important stuff, then get the hell out of Dodge, since he's got mafia goons after him, and there could be an encounter at the store.

We could have him meet Donna next morning, too.

What about a scene between the two FBI agents? Perhaps we follow them as they travel from wherever to bust Rocco. At the end of the scene, you decide how it will work out for Rocco.
Community Lotion 2014-09-12 14:14:38
So Drew is in the trunk, and Rocco is driving where, exactly? And Rocco has the drugs, right? Are they in the trunk too?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-09-12 15:28:19
Oh, I was thinking maybe Rocco is standing over Drew after either:
1. Driving somewhere with him in the trunk
2. Having just thrown him IN the trunk

I think in the trunk with no one to interact with is less interesting. Oh. Maybe he still doesn't have the drugs, but Tammy is still in there. Hee hee.

Here's the thing. Rocco has not been anywhere near the drugs yet. The closest he got was Tammy snorting some of Drew's own stash off his kitchen table or whatever. Is it important the drugs be in the car Rocco's driving? Then I say Tammy is... out somewhere (I can elaborate on that in my scene perhaps), the drugs are in, and Drew's in the trunk. If the drugs shouldn't be in the car, then I think Tammy and Drew in the trunk could be interesting.
MikeS 2014-09-21 16:04:07
You guys are still debating the trouble that you want to set Drew up with, right?

Just making sure we're not waiting on me.

I'm fine with the whole trunk idea. I liked the idea with the FBI agents, too. Could be that they're having the conversation right in the area where Drew is standing, in good Cohen-brothers fashion, in a public place of some sort (diner, the Video Emporium, ...).
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-09-22 13:46:42
Oh oh oh. The Feds and Drew (and Ed maybe too) in the Video Emporium. We open with one Fed in the back room looking around, suspicious that Drew is hiding drugs.

But he doesn't have a stash right now, because Tammy Lee took it all the previous night thanks to Ed being easily manipulated. But Drew doesn't know that yet. I think that'd be an awesome open. Just open on Drew standing there while he's absolutely sure he is screwed while this fed goes through his stuff. That brings Drew into the action a little more than just overhearing the feds talking, IMO. He's a little on the outside right now.
MikeS 2014-09-24 16:27:15
Sounds good to me.

What brings the Feds to the Emporium in first place? Tip off? Usual suspect hangout?
MikeS 2014-09-26 00:10:27
So, what would be a positive and what would be a negative outcome in this case?

There aren't any drugs, so Drew can get into really deep shit, but he can still talk himself into a hole.

On the plus side, he might get the Feds turned on to Rocco, but it seems like that's going to happen either way.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-09-26 07:09:26
Negative is generally just "do things get worse or harder for Drew". Probably the easiest way to think about it is what does Drew want from the scene, and if he doesn't or can't get it, then it's most probably a negative. If things can get worse, that's even better. And if things can get worse for Drew as well as foreshadow impending badness for others, that's probably the best. For positives, getting what he wants is a good start - the feds gone, no suspicion. His stash was taken in Tammy Lee's scene, sure, but making it out sans suspicion and armed goes a long way to even Drew's odds. Making "friends" with the feds could be good, could be bad, but probably lands on the side of good, at least for now. That's like a positive but with impending badness.
Gatac 2014-09-27 01:51:14
I'm thinking this turns out badly for Drew. The way Tammy Lee is, I fully expect that she stole most of the stash so Drew's screwed financially, but didn't clean it out so there's still something left for the Feds to stumble on. The only good aspect would be that they think Drew's not a mover and shaker, and therefore decide he's more of a stepping stone than a worthy catch in his own right. Maybe they'll use whatever they find to lean on Drew and get him into their investigation of Rocco - force him to go in for a chat wearing a wire, for example.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-09-27 07:52:10
Again, Mike had us establish, so he does get to resolve, although if he wants to resolve negatively I like your suggestion. It drags Drew back towards the situation and keeps him from skipping town.
MikeS 2014-09-29 16:02:35
I think the scene should end poorly Drew, too, because otherwise he'd effectively remove himself from the story.

Robert's suggestion works, but I'd prefer if Drew's suspicious behavior would be what drives the agents' into leveraging him to work for them, eg. Drew makes such an effort to keep the agents out of his desk that they get suspicious, and so one of them opens the desk while Drew can't see and says something like "What have we here?", which gives Drew the incentive to offer up Rocco.