OOC Act I

Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-08-05 16:29:27
I vote Donna gets a white die. I think if it ends well for her here, it'll help back up the idea that Donna and Tammy don't like each other.
Community Lotion 2014-08-06 11:07:45
Whoah, a bit early for that, no? Lets see how the scene plays out! Both Robert and Adam's characters are involved in the scene; post away gentlemen!
Community Lotion 2014-08-06 13:00:58
That feels like a good spot to wrap the scene, but there's certainly room for one more post if you want, Robert.
Community Lotion 2014-08-06 13:03:11
And you capped it off nicely!

I'm going to pass the white die over to Dave. If I'm not mistaken, Its Mike's scene now.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-08-06 13:40:42
Yup! I moved one of the "act 1" dice over to Dave in the play mat doc. And it is indeed Mike's turn.

Do you want to establish or resolve?

EDIT: I am always one step behind. Clearly you wish to establish.
Gatac 2014-08-06 14:36:42
Hmm. I think Ed's simplemindedness will screw up whatever move's Drew trying to pull here. Black die.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-08-06 14:41:42
I'm withholding judgement till I see a little more about where he's going with it, though. But I am so far inclined to agree with you about Ed.
MikeS 2014-08-06 14:55:32
I would define 'success' for this scene as 'Drew gets Ed to tag along'.

Ed either needs to be at the crime scene for backup, or maybe as a fall guy. He doesn't need to be smart. Failure of the scene would be more something like Ed refusing the offer, IMO.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-08-06 15:04:36
Yeah, see, from that perspective Ed going along is more interesting, and it reinforces Donna's success. Save the black die for when it goes down.

I'm gonna vote white die.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-08-06 15:16:23
Although I gotta say that I'm a little unclear on when the die gets chosen. I don't want it to seem like we're dictating Ed's response to Drew, and it does feel like that right now. Like, I'm not even in the scene, maybe my vote doesn't matter. I do appreciate Mike expounding on what he sees as success and failure here, though, that's good.

I suppose you can play it through a few different ways. Like if Robert wants Ed to agree to go along with Drew but have it still be a failure, he could agree to go but then forget what time he was supposed to show up or something? Maybe the failure - as it applies to Drew - is explained when Robert has his scene or something. I'm open to opinions here, and I'm going to read about it a little more and see if there's more tips or examples for this sort of thing.
Community Lotion 2014-08-06 15:20:25
Well, you could do it another way; say Ed agrees to go along with Drew. If Ed were to, say, place a phone call to some other interested party with a tip, then its a failure for Drew. Remember, we can always add new elements on the fly like that.
MikeS 2014-08-06 16:01:50
Tipoff would be a good idea for failure. He might just brag to Tammy; that could lead to all kinds of problems.
Gatac 2014-08-06 16:10:25
Oh yeah, that would be good. The failure's not gonna be Ed not going along with Drew - he does what Drew says - but I can easily see him blabbing about it to Tammy Lee when she comes by later to get her video. Actually, she probably doesn't show, and Ed catches her as she's coming off her shift at Chicken Hut to bring her the video. Which she's also forgotten about in the meantime. But it's okay, Ed remembered.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-08-06 16:12:20
Yeah, maybe when I come back to pick up the tape or something. I can go along with a black die for that. Maybe he comes over to the Chicken Hut. Even though that doesn't seem like this scene, I think "bringing Ed into the plot proves a poor decision for Drew" is solid enough for the black die here, without dictating exactly how Ed makes Drew suffer.

EDIT: goddammit, one step behind again.
MikeS 2014-08-08 01:05:36
Short scene, I know, but it seemed like it was done to me. With the black die, it'll certainly carry some weight further down stream.

I'll pass the black die to Adam.

Robert, you're up.
Gatac 2014-08-08 01:22:55
Scene established! Since Ed's gonna be the pinball of fate and circumstance, I leave the resolution to you guys.