POST-MORTEM/OOC: IX - Aftermath and Afterwords

Dieter 2003-04-22 17:13:06
Ok, here's what going on.

-The Blackhawk will be completely sucked under in two rounds.

-Ayumi and Brian are keeping Kyun and Jess from being pulled further down but still are risking their own lives.

-Artis is perfectly dry and safe for the next 2 rounds...then he will get pulled under with the rest of the helicopter.

-Drowning is a bit wonky in Spycraft. For every round you are underwater, you have to make a CON check. As long as you are successful, you are fine (i.e. don't fail a check!). This means Jess is in serious danger next round since she only has a CON of 7.
Dieter 2003-04-22 18:37:09
Then I'll grab the liferaft and survival vest and get the hell out.
Dieter 2003-04-22 19:32:05
Kyun will try to get himself out of his harness/tether. Kyun's breathing nice and shallow, trying not to panic.
CrazyIvan 2003-04-22 19:38:26
Time to do the honorable British thing. Slice any really bulky stuff I have on my vest (close to 200 rounds of ammo comes to mind...) and get Jess and Kyun up to the surface.

Still spending dice as needed.
Dieter 2003-04-22 20:23:11
Looking over the character sheets, it appears that Kyun is the only one with FIRST AID....well, the only one currently conscious with the skill.

Something to think about.
Dieter 2003-04-23 16:03:16
So you're all now in liferaft floating about the Sea of Japan with WWIII flying overhead.

What are you doing (besides the obvious tasks of resuscitating Carla and Jess)?
CrazyIvan 2003-04-23 19:50:44
Doing whatever I can to get the two semi-drowned ones awake.

And providing one of our weaker party members with cover should the N. Koreans decide to strafe.
CrazyIvan 2003-04-23 20:10:05
Well then, let's make use of that First Aid skill shall we?

Just like they taught you, clear the airway ... pay no attention to the large warplanes intent on killing you.
Dieter 2003-04-24 04:38:54
What are the chances of us getting blown up if we:
1) stay where we are
2) make for the island
3) go for the sub rendevous

I'm still leaning towards getting to the sub but on the other hand I'd feel pretty stupid if we get torpedoed or something.
Dieter 2003-04-24 05:42:08
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 9:38 pm on April 23, 2003
What are the chances of us getting blown up if we:
1) stay where we are
2) make for the island
3) go for the sub rendevous

I'm still leaning towards getting to the sub but on the other hand I'd feel pretty stupid if we get torpedoed or something.

1-Staying where you are would probably be certain death. However, Brian's survival training would tell him that the surest way to be rescued is to stay as close to the crash site as possible

2-The island is doable, but it'll be a rough paddle through some rough seas.

3-You know where the sub is and with your GPS receiver, you at least know exactly how far you are away from it. It'll probably be another rough paddle, but it could be done.

Is that an ambiguous enough answer for you? ;)
Dieter 2003-04-24 15:50:56
Yep! I vote we paddle for the sub. We've got flares if it comes to that.
Dieter 2003-04-24 21:24:04
I'll be needing a party order of who is going first, second, etc. Please also tell me if you are doing anything specific while you wait for your turn.

To speed things up, I recommend Jess go first because:

1)Gatty isn't around to say otherwise
2)Jess is pretty banged up from her close call with drowning.
threadbare 2003-04-25 04:19:08
Do it. She needs it most right now. Then I guess me, after my several shaves with north korea's finest and close encounter with seawater.
Gatac 2003-04-25 20:56:26
It's a pretty funny conincidence...we had medical training this week, so I studied reanimation techniques while Jess got hammered :)

I'll see if I can leave some instructions for next week, but way things are going, it doesn't look like my situation will improve for atleast two more months.

Gatac
Dieter 2003-04-25 22:22:43
Brian clearly has the better BAB for tactical weapons, so I'm assuming you'd be doing the firing.

What (if anything) are you aiming for on the patrol boat?
Dieter 2003-04-26 03:15:37
Ayumi has a better flat ranged bonus (11 versus his 8), but I'll assume that his feats compensate.
CrazyIvan 2003-04-26 04:51:26
Assuming: You're PT boat is an actual PT boat, all of which (according to Globalsecurity.org) have pretty darned exposed wheelhouses...

Deep breath, prayer, and a rocket to the wheelhouse.

As always, burning any dice I have left as necessary.