OOC 1

fanchergw 2003-10-29 20:17:04
Yeah, it's interesting how many species have essentially human bodies (makes it easier for the actors!). And Jileeza's body goes a long way toward crossing racial barriers.
CrazyIvan 2003-10-29 23:27:32
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 9:29 am on Oct. 29, 2003
I'm just wondering, is Arnae mis-calling his ship done on purpose? It's funny either way.

You know, it wasn't on purpose, and I feel dumb. But since it's funny, I think I'll spare it the trip from the Edit Fairy.
CuteMotherFucker 2003-10-29 23:43:34
I strongly resent the camel-head remark.

You know, somehow, during the race check up, I managed to miss the fact that I probably stand one and a half meters tall. Can we call me a freak of nature and settle for 1.8?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-10-30 23:18:54
Sure. You're a frickin' HUGE Bothan. I just thought you were like Bigby from Trainspotting, a short guy with a short temper. :)
CrazyIvan 2003-10-31 01:51:01
Darn right I did. Had to test the bikes out somehow, right? And on that subject, are there any equipment problems? No rattles in the transmission or anything, I hope.

Aw CMF, keep him small.

So, is it a chase? If they're packing anti-personnel artillery like that repeater, I don't think we want to have a standup fight. Plus, chases are fun.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-10-31 03:02:32
It's a chase if you run and they follow. :) If some people wanna stay and some wanna leave, then it's a chase AND a gunfight. :)

As for the state of the bikes, they seem to run OK, if a bit waterlogged.
Dieter 2003-10-31 04:25:55
I'm guessing we can probably outrun the skiffs, although I doubt the reliability of our salvaged speeder bikes.
punkey 2003-10-31 06:00:40
Then we'll have to hang back and try to stay together. I'm pretty sure I could pick off the E-Web gunner if we were closer, but at this range, I wouldn't want to try it.
threadbare 2003-10-31 06:30:31
Say, have any of you heard "Fett's Vette" by mc chris? Star Wars themed rap, from boba fett's perspective. The rapper-guy also does stuff for Adult Swim. I think you can download it here. It's good.
CuteMotherFucker 2003-10-31 09:33:17
If there are any conveniently placed trees, I'll hit their bases to fall on the path and on the skiffs.

Otherwise, it's a simple hit-enough-people-until-they-fall-down-and-stop-blocking-bolts-who-are -meant-for-the-driver manuvour :)

(Edited by CuteMotherFucker at 10:38 am on Oct. 31, 2003)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-10-31 16:32:33
If you're gonna clear off, Erit just made a prime opportunity. If you're staying to fight, get your shots in now. :)
Gatac 2003-10-31 20:30:37
Translation: There's more than one way to saddle a horse.

I figure Erit uses lots of tree metaphors.

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-10-31 20:59:09
That's because he's a hippie. :)

We're not really in a chase situation, because the airspeeder can catch you - it's like a helicopter chasing a car. It can't hit you very well because of the trees and such, though.

If you're running flat-out for the starport, it'll get 5 strafing runs on you guys. Wayde, Arnae, and 'Za can "contest" any of these attacks by letting me know. You'll make an opposed driving check (Wits, plus aspects and/or specializations) vs. the airspeeder. If you win, the airspeeder doesn't get to attack you. If the airspeeder wins, it gets an extra uncontested attack.

You can try to drive dangerously fast through the jungle - a successful driving check'll redline your speeder and cut one of the airspeeder's attack runs out completely (two if you REALLY make the roll), but if you fail... well, we'll get to that if you DO fail. You'll get a say in your fate if you do.

Of course, anyone with a blaster who isn't driving can try to blast the ever-loving poodoo out of the airspeeder when it comes by. Erit, unfortunately, you can't mind trick the pilot, you don't have a line of sight (closed canopy) and by the time you were able to reach out and "grab" his mind, the chase would be over anyway.
Gatac 2003-10-31 21:20:16
Well, damn.

But then, Yuris can't control aerial units. I should've known.

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-10-31 21:51:49
Nope. :) And if they did, they'd be underslung, like the RotJ bikes. No good against an airspeeder.

To further clarify, the airspeeder makes wide, long loops above the treetops, maybe 45-60 seconds between strafing runs, while you guys are speeding a few feet or so above the jungle floor.