OOC: VI

Dieter 2003-01-18 06:46:31
Armed arrest? Heh, Gavin subconsciously replaces every mention of "arrest" with "takedown." Funny, that.

I'm beginning to think that we should take out all our marks' kneecaps on principle. For instance, if we ever capture someone and need to interrogate them, then *BAMBAM*-they can't run away. Have a guy tackled, but need to chase someone else, like with Andrew back at the HoB? *BAMBAM* Mobility cut in half, badda bing.... Yeah, too much free time in class leads to odd mental tangents.

Gavin's cool with Raven's plans.
CrazyIvan 2003-01-18 08:05:08
I won't even touch the thing about that being the IRA's schtick with a 10' pole. Gavin doesn't run with that crowd.
threadbare 2003-01-18 12:20:46
So do we want a real PDA, fake one? Do we want to bust just stewart, or sedgewick? what would help us get gonzalez?

I think if we bust stewart, we should have a couple police cars come in for show (maybe tip them off half an hour in advance or something) to keep the higher-up baddies from realizing any agency involvement with Andrew insofar.

I say we take the PDA, ambush Andrew, make it look like the police followed Jess, and hope we don't have a hostage situation on our hands.
Gatac 2003-01-18 13:05:51
I think police involvement is a good idea.

A) The police trusts me, and won't pass up such an opportunity for arresting Andrew.
B) If we convince them to use me as bait, it won't be a problem to get the PDA.

Game plan as I envision it: We drive to the police, meet Det. Schwartz, get the PDA and time the police arrival. On the way, Raven can crack the PDA. Once there, I meet Andrew, Artis sabotages the Jaguar, and the rest of the team waits at the backdoor. The cops arrive just as I'm supposed to give the PDA to him - and consequently, before he has the time to really check it. I shout something like

"Get out, I'll hold them up !"

When he storms out of the back, you'll get him, grab the PDA, and you make a dash for it after you've left him for the police, sufficently incapacitated and bound (Someone had handcuffs in their personal gear, or ?). You make an exit with screeching tires, perhaps leaving a card reading "Arrest courtesy of the Birds of Prey". If he runs out front, the police gets him, we have the copy of the PDA's data, and you make your exit largely unnoticed. I'll stay there in any event and thank the cops, then join you later.

Sound good ?

Gatac
Gatac 2003-01-18 13:35:39
Handcuffs, schmandcuffs. I told you, kneecaps.

No, I don't think I remembered handcuffs. I think I'll remember to bring some next mission, though.
Dieter 2003-01-20 19:38:37
OK:

I'm leery about trying anything with all those cops around, so if we did that I'd say let the LVPD have Stewie.

I don't think we want that, so I think that maybe Brian's and Harry's idea is the best: get a duplicate PDA and ambush Stewie at the meet. Keep the cops out of it - after all, if the PDA's that important Jess can try to get it later. Just tell the detective about Stewie's meet; after it already happens. Get the PDA and swap 'em.
Dieter 2003-01-20 20:13:58
The plan appears to be thus.

1) Gavin and Brian will head for the diner, setting up sniper positions for the rendevous.

2) Artis, Jess, Raven, and Harry will proceed to Best Buys and pick up a dupe copy of the PDA.

3) Artis & Co. will then head for the rendevous, alerting Gavin and Brian so they can be at the ready when they arrive.

Any other comments?
Dieter 2003-01-20 20:41:36
Oh. Jess should not be driving up in the team's car. We'll stop quickly on the way and get her a different vehicle (i.e., either call a cab or use Instant Hotwire), then follow her, ready to pounce!
Dieter 2003-01-20 20:47:28
Alright, I believe the ball is in Gatty's court.

Gatty, what are you going to do?
Gatac 2003-01-20 21:33:33
Cab, definately. I'll think of a good line in case Steward's smart enough to check the PDA.

Gatac
Gatac 2003-01-20 21:46:15
Or take the rented car. Meh.

I'll walk in towards Steward, stare at him coldly, and motion him to a deserted table if he isn't already sitting at one. I'll lay the PDA on the table, then say the following.

"Just who the hell are you, Andrew ?"

Of course, with the most captivating look possible, as to distract our target from checking over the PDA.
Gatac 2003-01-20 22:12:34
Or we do it outside, where our snipers have a clean shot. Yeah, let's do that.

I assume we have agreed on some sort of secret sign that tells Brian and Gavin to open fire.

Gatac
CrazyIvan 2003-01-20 22:56:39
Now that Stewart is gone, Brian is getting his eye off the scope and keeping a look out. Stewart was wired, but we don't know where his buddies are.
Dieter 2003-01-20 22:58:15
It's that time again...

Initiatives:

Stewart: 27
Harry: 23
Gavin: 20
Jess: 19
Raven: 11
Brian: 9
Artis: 6

Stewart went (dropped prone, out of sight), so it's all you guys.
Gatac 2003-01-20 23:12:46
(sung to The Magnifient Seven)

Cover ! Cover ! Cover ! Gonna find me some cover !

I don't like no shooting, so I'm bound for a quick footin', to get my ass away from this damn fight !

Cover ! Cover ! Cover ! Won't you show me some cover !

Gatac
Gatac 2003-01-21 01:24:32
I'll sit tight and delay my turn until another target presents itself.