OOC: Shaken, Not Stirred III

threadbare 2002-07-17 06:43:19
I just go along. Sorry, but I haven't been recieving much inspiration for posting in the actual thread.
threadbare 2002-07-18 17:04:15
I don't suppose I could try picking the lock, or is there one?

I'm not sure of the wisdom of telling a target he's going to be done in. That wouldn't be good for cooperation
Dieter 2002-07-18 17:19:07
Since Harry has the "Mark" feat, it allows me to tell you a few things.

1) Decker is definitely a psycho. He takes pride in his work and has no remorse for the deeds it takes to get it done. He's a sadomasochist by trade but prefers giving rather than receiving

2) Hanna is also a psycho. She definitely wears the pants (or for Gatac Sie hat die Hosen an) when it comes to sadomasochism.

As for the locks, they are padlocked with a tumbler (not a keyhole) mechanism. There would be significant circumstance modifier for picking the locks (bound with no truly usable appliance for picking). I'm not saying you can't do it, but you may have to be creative with your approach. ;)

Let me know what you'd like to do. That goes for everyone else on the ship.

(Edited by Dieter at 11:23 am on July 18, 2002)
Dieter 2002-07-18 18:21:39
Well, let's go meet our contact. The sooner the better, who knows who horrible torture Harry is being put through?
threadbare 2002-07-18 23:57:58
I know I'm bound with chains, but what position am I in? Is it a wooden chair? a steel chair? a block of concrete? Also, is the toothpick from the sandwich Decker finished in reach? That could aid me somehow.
Dieter 2002-07-19 02:57:25
Ok...

You're bound to an old metal office chair. It has no upholstery and the wheels have long since been removed. Your hands are chained seperately and bound the thick metal arms of the chair. Your legs are shackled to large pins imbedded in the concrete floor. The chair legs appears to be bolted into the floor.

For dramatic effect, we'll say that you saw Decker drop his toothpick near the door before the couple exited the room. One other thing of note, Hanna left the butter knife used to open the muffin she fed you. It is located on the table about 10 feet away.

I suppose I should give you a small map of the room

_____| D|___
| |
| |
|T Harry |
&#0124;__________&#0124; <
small window

(Edited by Dieter at 8:00 pm on July 18, 2002)
threadbare 2002-07-19 19:52:48
Okay, what's my range of movement? Can I get up? I think I'm going to try and use the either my cufflinks or the zipper on my fly to try and unscrew the arms from the chair. After that, I can unscrew the seat from the legs using my better range of motion, giving me the seat as an extra implement to aid my escape. If I can do that, I'll at least have freedom to move to the distance of the pins. Perhaps then I can pull the table closer, or at least tip it over with the seat of the chair, spilling the implements towards me. Then I can use those to aid my breakout.

Using my amazing perceptive powers, do I have any estimate how long it'll take for mister and missus psycho-hosebeast to finish? How big is the small window? If I can't climb out I can write a message in blood (in russian and english, perhaps on the seat once I gain serious range) about dialing the agency emergency number with mention of a reward.

How's that for thinking outside the box?
Dieter 2002-07-19 21:19:22
Your range of movement is limited to moving your hands/fingers since your wrists are bound to the arms of the chair. You can also move your knees to and fro, as well as your head, neck, and shoulders. But that's really about it.

As far as upper body movement, these are times when you wish you learned the skill of "escape artist". You could conceivably bend at the waist far enough to do something with hands using your mouth or head.

Getting up...well, it's pretty much physically impossible since the chair is pinned to the floor and with your arms being pinned to the chair. Your legs bend at 90-degree angles with the ankle chains extending little more than a few links past the pins in the floor. It's all a matter of not having leverage.

Your keen instincts tell you that it will probably be at least 30 minutes before the lovebirds come back.

In regards to the window...a small child could conceivably snake through it but not you. It is a single-paned window, so yeah...writing a message in blood is definitely doable....sicko. ;)

So here's the good news. We'll say that this is a good a time as any to burn an action die.

With "flawless search" and "astute" you find out a few tasty details about this room. The glint of perhaps a lighted street sign reflects perfectly off the polished blade of large hunting knife sitting in what looks like a nook in the corner of the room. You also notice that there is a section of the concrete floor that appears not quite fit in with the rest of the place. It is directly under the table. A hidden way out...a cache of weapons perhaps? A trap wired with 10lbs of C-4? Who knows? :)
threadbare 2002-07-19 21:44:05
I didn't think there was a magic marker handy, and I'm already bleeding...

Am I able to use the intuition ability to give a clue on how to get out of here, or am I on my own?

Well, this seems as good a time as any to practice my long-distance spitting skill. I could try to spew a gob of phlegm, blood, and saliva of sufficient mass onto the handle of the butter knife to knock it onto the floor. That might be stretching it, though. Or perhaps I could spit a good deal to make the floor right in front of the door all slippery.

Can't I try escape artist untrained? I remember that I'm able to attempt every skill except Handle animals and Pilot.

Do I have any loose teeth from the beating? A jagged piece of tooth might come in handy picking a lock.
Dieter 2002-07-19 22:49:41
I forgot about your intuition feat. Yeah, sure.

Your best bet (at least you think so) is to shake apart the fastenings of the arms of the chair. They look a bit rusted and may break with some degree of force.

Escape Artist can be used untrained, but the best route probably is breaking the arms of the chair.

At this point we'll have to stop since your team members also have to chime in before the storyline can continue.

It's all yours Adam.
threadbare 2002-07-19 23:53:30
Adam? you mean me, or is there another adam? I'm confused.

Anyway, I'm going to try that. Failing that, the escape artist thing. I assume I don't have any loose teeth, right?
Dieter 2002-07-20 03:11:39
Err...sorry, not you but ADS

ADS=Adam

Sorry for the confusion.

You don't have any loose teeth, so I'll go with the breaking the chair plan followed by the escape artist routine.
Dieter 2002-07-25 17:52:14
Nope, we're waiting for ADS and Gatac to come back. I believe both are unfortunately (at least for us) on vacation.

They need to get the ball rolling at the harbor with Jack Wade before I can commence with what's going on in the Decker Hideout.

So, if either ADS or Gatac is ready this...Harry would like to be rescued. :)
Dieter 2002-07-27 04:24:01
Well, Gatac gets back (I think) from his vacation on Monday...so we will hold off on the storyline until Jessica has time to smooth talk herself. :)
Gatac 2002-07-27 15:41:07
I'm back. Let's roll.

(Oh, and we need a storyline in Norway. I fell in love with the damn country.)

Gatac
Dieter 2002-07-27 17:53:43
Norway? Ok....but it will have to wait. I'm thinking something on the lines of machine guns mounted on snowmobiles with chasing elite commados on skis.

But that is another tale. Back to the story.

Basically, Jack Wade is waiting for someone from the team to speak to him.

Gatac, I think you have been chosen as that person, so post a statement in the story thread. :)