Jade Imperium OOC 2

Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-14 05:54:54
Amo and She-Ra don't have armor on, just their one-piece undergarments. Still, E is right, you probably don't want to chance it, and since they don't have armor, the P90'll kill 'em just like anyone else. However, it's your choice - using the whap gun or the P90'll take the same amount of time. I'll tell you this, though - chancing the whap gun'll net Max his Quick Learner Aspect for the attack, since it's weird alien tech and I think it'll be the second time anyone's tried to fire one.

It'll take Max a full round to get down to the Pit for a clear shot.

Luis has a Delta Force Training Aspect and a d8 in Fight. He's by no means helpless. The syringe is still good to go - She-Ra just managed to block you last round.

As for the frisbee, you have NO idea if it can harm or heal specific injuries. You're welcome to try - you obviously can visualize the effect you want with no problem. However, the sedative is a guaranteed takedown assuming you hit. It'll deal 3d4 (take highest) Shock every round until the target drops.
Gatac 2007-06-14 06:05:10
Suckered! :)

I know it's bad for us, but it still makes me smile.

Gatac
Dieter 2007-06-14 06:10:17
Gatac wrote:

Gatac

Seconded! Nice twist.
e of pi 2007-06-14 06:10:18
So, I think the thing to do is the syringe. It'll put her down pretty quick, and with initiative and Delta Force Training and maybe a WD, I ought to be able to do it. How do I stand, WD-wise?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-14 18:05:59
Dieter wrote:

Gatac wrote:

Gatac

Seconded! Nice twist.

Thanks. :) They needed Varos to be conscious and Mellish off those gantries before they could even TRY to do anything. As it was, they're only starting off strong. Mellish screwed up his toughness roll. And Taylor is right there with a rifle. It's a desperate move, but to sit there while their people on the other line barter for their lives just isn't... well, YOU wouldn't sit there if you were captured by the Turai either. :)

EDIT: Shit, forgot: Luis has 5 WD. He used one on the (unfortunately unsuccessful) syringe attack.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-14 19:34:07
Pit initiative:

She-Ra (wtf indeed?)
Luis
Max & Amo
Taylor (if he lives, he might need to be nominated for the next NPC WD to help his ass out)

Before you ask, E, Luis is engaged in melee, and even if his opponent is drugged, it's hard to fire at somebody who's NOT in melee when you ARE. Secondly, your UMP45 is slung and caught to your side so people can't just take it away from you. Your sidearm is snapped into its drop holster, so it's also not easily stripped from you. To draw and use a weapon would mean that you're attacking with a penalty - you'd lose your SMG specialization if you use your UMP45. It's another penalty on top of that if you want to fire at Amo rather than She-Ra. Continuing hand-to-hand is your best bet for successfully striking and dealing SOME damage, which can only hasten She-Ra's unconsciousness. Your gun'll deal a lot more damage whether you use the bullet end or buttstock or whatever, though, so the choice is yours.

Dieter, Max has a choice as well. Firing into melee without taking a penalty means you WILL hit Luis if you miss She-Ra. You take a penalty, there's no problem on a miss - it just makes it more likely you WILL miss.

Amo doesn't have that stipulation. :twisted:
Dieter 2007-06-14 19:42:06
E, choke the bitch out. Don't bother doing anything else because it would be at a penalty.

Max will be taking a cautious shot with a penalty...we don't need any more of our people wounded or dead.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-14 20:32:40
I thought the plan was to use the comm systems on this level to call for help, then press on to Colonel Paxton in the armory, sublevel 2, then the infirmary, sublevel 1.
Gatac 2007-06-14 20:34:23
ADS has it. We need help and we need it fast.

Also, if we can, we should take a few more prisoners. More leverage = good.

Gatac
e of pi 2007-06-15 00:07:26
Well, if I'm stuck with melay, I'll go with it. She's going down a bit every round with the sedative (if I understand correctly), and we're both unarmed. I'm taking Dieter's advice. As for Max's shot, I recommend changing it to Amo, since he's out in the open and not engaged with anybody. Less penalties required.

EDIT: Turai count in MN is 5 unknowns, right? Beyond our prisoners, I mean.
fanchergw 2007-06-15 01:30:21
Since Ivan seems to be incomputercado at the moment, I'm going to ghost Angel for the time being. 'K?
Dieter 2007-06-15 15:27:05
Hrm. It would seem that our jury-rigged seal did work. I think the Nerd Herd should make a renewed effort to find a more reliable, less squishy solution. :wink:
fanchergw 2007-06-15 19:53:58
Angel will be going for one shot, one kill. One carefully-aimed shot should be all he needs. After all, he's not the type to sling lead around the way Semo does... :wink: 8-)
Dieter 2007-06-15 19:59:18
I'm not sure if this was covered/mentioned earlier, but does the Gate Room have gun implacements or defenses to repel any unwelcomed visitors from going through the Mesa Negras side of the Gate?
Gatac 2007-06-15 20:05:27
No, it doesn't, but you can be damn sure that Hugh will put that request in his after-action report.

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-15 21:54:02
After one sneak attack foiled by alien technology, one sneak attack foiled by cover, and a simultaneous attack, Angel finally has the initiative.

He's 30 feet or so from his attacker. There's lots of cover, and it's dark - not really a problem for either of you as it stands.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-15 21:58:25
To answer your IC question, Dieter:

Local time I think is around 11pm now, which is partially why you're not completely neck-deep in corpses. MN misses a check-in, first thing DoD'll do is contact the other personnel. I'd guess the second thing would be send combat engineers or readiness group people, and after THAT things escalate real quick.

Your best guess is they're somewhere between steps 1 and 2. I'd like to reiterate that Semo can call for help from right where he is on sublevel 4.
Dieter 2007-06-15 22:03:46
admiralducksauce wrote:

Your best guess is they're somewhere between steps 1 and 2. I'd like to reiterate that Semo can call for help from right where he is on sublevel 4.

Time for a shout-out!

I guess my next question is, "What level is the cargo elevator current on?"

If the answer is not on the Gate Room level, we're killing access to it ASAFP.