Birds of a Feather - Chapter 2: Sweden...Bikini teams and me

Dieter 2002-06-19 21:05:36
And Karin begins singing like a choir-girl...

-Dmitri Isakovic: Mid-level mafia boss, headquartered in Talinn, Estonia (phone number and location of where his goons usually hang out in Talinn)

-Jean-Pierre Rodin: Mid-level drug dealer. Handles business from a large tour bus (think Van Halen). Usually can be found roaming near the Belgian/Netherlands border. (phone number)

-Cari Mizraki: She is an opium dealer with ties to terrorists in Uzbekistan and Kahzakstan. She spends half the year (May-Oct) in Tashkent, Uzbekistan and the other half (Nov-Apr) on the beaches of the Black Sea near Sevastopol, Russia. (phone number and location of beach house in Sevastopol)

-Marcellus Wallace: Phone number and address of his Hollywood Hills house.

(OOC: Using a "sense motive" check, that's about all she knows.)
Dieter 2002-06-19 21:14:55
Philpott mentioned we should ask him about his vacation in Talinn sometime...

"Well that was helpful."
Gatac 2002-06-19 21:16:51
As Karin talks, Jessica begins to pace around nervously, looking for a way to escape the potentially grisly situation. Finally, she waves Anja over to her.

"Can we talk outside ?"
Dieter 2002-06-19 21:27:03
While Jakob screws on the silencer on his Glock, Anja glances over to Jessica and they both step outside for a moment.

As the door closes, Jessica can hear Karin saying:

"Oh fuck, no! Fuck! Please don't kill me!"

Anja takes Jessica down the hallway a bit.

"So, what did you need to say?"
Gatac 2002-06-19 21:34:15
"I dunno, really - there's GOTTA be some way to get rid of her without killing her."
Gatac 2002-06-19 21:47:12
"So, are we really gonna just kill her?" I ask Jakob. "Because you don't have plastic down or anything."
Dieter 2002-06-19 21:53:29
"Oh..there is. Us leaving the room and Jakob readying for her execution is standard operating procedure in this sort of thing. This manuever is just make sure she has forgotten anything. I can assure you, we are not going to kill her. Afterall, why waste a potential source of information?"

(holding Jessica's arms reassuringly)

"Let us go back in there and see if dear Karin has anything else to say."

Coming back in, they find that Jessica has wet herself and is now sweating profusely.

"Anything else you have to say...no? Well then (nodding over to Jakob) Now, Jakob!"

Jakob pulls back the slide on his pistol and proceeds to fire two bullets. The first hits inches away from Karin's left ear, the other inches away from her right. Karin is at her breaking point and Anja walks over and gets face-to-face with her.

"Ok. Listen now and listen good. I believe that you have been a good girl and have told us everything you know. The first shot was for trying to kill my friend. The second shot was to warn you that you will never see the third shot coming. Here's what you are going to do. My friend is going to uncuff you, you are to grab your clothes and forget this horrible evening ever happened. If you do not, I will have every local and national law enforcement agency hunting you down like a dog for the rest of your life....and I will be sure that third bullet does not miss!"

(glancing over to Artis)

"Uncuff her and send dear Karin on her way."
Dieter 2002-06-19 22:23:27
I wordlessly follow Anja's orders, thinking I've learned more from her in 5 seconds than I learned from Mason and them all through training...
Dieter 2002-06-19 22:40:34
When Artis comes back to the room, Anja speaks again.

"Well, that was fun...wasn't it? Now how about we all go out and have some real fun? My treat. Jakob, pull the car around so we can get this party started."

Jakob nods as he unscrews the silencer from his pistol and pulls the car keys out of his pocket. Anja takes back the gun she loaned to Jessica and everyone is filing out she says,

"Junkies are my favorite type of criminal, they get so paranoid...it is only a matter of time before they crack. Your room will be cleaned up by the time we get back tonight...I hope everyone likes seafood."
Dieter 2002-06-19 23:44:53
Gavin hands his pistol to Jakob as he passes through the door. "Would you mind hanging onto this while we're out on the town?" he says, with a fellow bodyguard's knowing tone.
Dieter 2002-06-19 23:50:12
Jakob tries for a pleasant response...his English obviously not that great.

"Eh?...Ok. I keep it in trunk of car."

(Edited by Dieter at 8:43 am on June 20, 2002)
Dieter 2002-06-20 00:14:53
"I'm sorry, if you can't keep it handy, then I guess I'll just hang onto it. Thanks anyway."
Dieter 2002-06-20 02:31:04
At the hat shop

After picking out a suitable hat for spying, Harry and the proprietor strike up a conversation and between his wit and her having nothing in particular to do that evening...they plan on meeting later that night (12am) at The Spy Bar.

Oh and her name is Hanna.
Dieter 2002-06-20 16:53:45
The bizarre spectacle of daylight at 10pm is quite remarkable. Second only to the 19 hours of daylight is the incredible array of drunken locals and tourists out and about in Stockholm.

Anja takes you to an apparently "all-local" sort of eating establishment. You are sat at a long table overlooking the water. The menu is in Swedish, but with the help of Anja and Harry, you can make out a few things that don't sound to "exotic".
Dieter 2002-06-20 23:44:35
The Spy Club, 11:48pm

The line going at the door goes for about half a block, winds around the corner, going for about another half a block. The constant beat of Swedish techno music and the hum of neon echoes in the background, even at the back of the line.

Anja leads the team straight to the front of the line then glances at the two outrageously huge bouncers guarding the doors. About 10 seconds and a few hundred Krona later, one of the bouncers unclasps the purple velvet rope seperating the haves and have-nots, gesturing for her, Jakob, and the team to come inside. She pauses for a moment, saying something to the bouncer, then lets everyone in the team go by...but stops Jessica.

"You guys should be safe in there. Jakob will be working the security detail, but I will be only a few doors down if you need me. Have fun, but make sure your friend Harry doesn't get too crazy...you are still technically on duty."

Anja gestures for her to proceed and everyone steps into the netherworld that is the Swedish club scene.
Gatac 2002-06-21 09:44:03
*Wow, babysitting. Good thing I insisted on earning some money myself back in the days...`*
threadbare 2002-06-22 11:49:20
Harry wades through the crowd looking for Hannah. Of course, she'll probably recognize the hat at a distance. As for the music, Harry's more a fan of electronica and such, but it fits his dancing tastes.
Dieter 2002-06-24 16:37:37
The surreal setting of The Spy Bar is somewhere between taking a hit of bad acid and being stuck inside a bass drum. A constant kick of 180bpm and the acrid smell of European cigarettes completes the experience.

As for the population of the club, it's mostly under-30, with an equal male-female ratio. The waitresses are dressed in 1960's-style go-go boots and skirts, the bartenders in tuxedos. The club itself is divided into three sections; a dance floor (upstairs), the bar area, and a sit-down area where the waitresses serve you.
Dieter 2002-06-24 18:47:13
Artis heads upstairs to find another duo of Swedish goons guarding the entrance to the dance floor. He thought he was a pretty big guy until he saw ole Lars and Ulf (they have nametags) standing in front of him. Lars has a clipboard and it appears that Ulf's main duty is to stand there and look menacing. Both are wearing your typical in-house security headsets.

Lars chimes in as Artis closes the distance between himself and them.

(in Swedish, then in English)

"Your name, please."
Dieter 2002-06-24 21:05:02
"Artis Gossard (or whatever is supposed to be my name on my Agency passport)."