I've Got A Bad Feeling About This

fanchergw 2004-08-27 18:58:52
Surpised at the lack of response, Jilleza tries again. "Arnae? You there? Wayde? Bolan? Anyone there?" 'Za knows that Wayde and Bolan went with Arnae, so she tries them too, just in case Arnae went and did something stupid like getting himself killed.
Dieter 2004-08-27 19:33:49
"Stryker here, go ahead." Wayde says, as he checks his six for anyone who might be tailing the hovervan.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-08-31 23:33:01
Mak enters a gift shop, vacated through exorbitant prices and empty of all but one or two people browsing through sheer boredom. He loses his "sense" of the would-be mugger for a second, but latches on again as the one-eared Rodian saunters past outside. He glances in and meets the Bothan fighter's eyes for a second before continuing past the shop's dingy facade.

'Za might have been able to read something in the Rodian's look, but Mak can't tell what Humans are thinking from their expressions half the time, nevermind bug-eyed green aliens with gecko fingers. He doesn't sense anything ... personal from the guy, however.

---

Wayde takes the hovervan carefully but quickly through the airways, on a circuituous route back to the hangar. If he IS being followed, he doesn't see anything that would give away that fact.
fanchergw 2004-08-31 23:40:44
"I've got a line on a delivery job for us," Jilleeza says, once Wayde responds. "Thought I'd get the boss's OK before taking it. He still around, or have you just gotten a field promotion?" A note of humor touches 'Za's voice.
Dieter 2004-09-01 00:07:32
Quote:

Quote: from fanchergw on 5:40 pm on Aug. 31, 2004
"I've got a line on a delivery job for us," Jilleeza says, once Wayde responds. "Thought I'd get the boss's OK before taking it. He still around, or have you just gotten a field promotion?" A note of humor touches 'Za's voice.

(chuckles)

"Yeah right, like I'd assume command of that bucket of bolts..." snarks Wayde, knowing all too well what Arnae will say.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-09-02 16:26:27
The hovervan pulls into the hangar bay a few minutes later, Jileeza having explained about the job (Silverberg calls when the cargo arrives at Nar Shaddaa, you get half the pay, you take it to a planet called Gamdoaan and offload it, you come back and get the other half) along the way.

Jileeza and Mak are still out in the city, but 'Za's made it clear where she is. Mak's simply "out for a walk", judging from a note he left.
Dieter 2004-09-03 17:23:21
Backing up the hovervan to the edge of Chance's loading bay, Wayde gives 'Za a shoutout as the van's rear hatch is popped.

"Alright. This stuff is hotter than an afternoon on Tatooine, so let's get it onboard before anyone gets suspicious."
CrazyIvan 2004-09-03 23:25:46
"Lower the ramp, 'Za. We'll take the whole thing with us. And send word back to this Silverberg guy that we'll take the job. Doesn't sound like trouble, and we need to wait around for Mak to drag his fuzzy ass back here, anyway."
Dieter 2004-09-03 23:33:17
"Cap'n. I recommend we cancel shoreleave and get this crate moving. There's no telling how long it's going to be before someone comes looking for the crap we filched."
fanchergw 2004-09-04 00:12:51
Jileeza smirks. "Somehow, cap'n, I don't think she'd be pleased about being called a guy," 'Za replies over the comm. "I will accept the job and upfront payment then let you know where to meet me and the goods."

That settled, Jileeze turns and reenters Silverburg's office. "Sorry about that. I had some trouble getting ahold of the captain; I think his comm needs some repair.

"Anyway, we would be delighted to perform this service for you. Where should we pick up the goods?"
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-09-04 02:57:07
"You can load up at the landing pad on the roof when I hear from my people. Should be tomorrow or the next day at the latest," Silverberg explains. "I'll get you your half-payment then."