OOC: Shaken, not stirred.

Gatac 2002-03-25 19:59:03
Okay, here goes.

Jessica fits the bill of "innocent girl" in appearance, and can easily pass as shallow teenager - the sort that pins Backstreet Boys posters to their walls and cares really deeply about saving all those fuzzy cute bunnies from evil people. As for real personality, she's pretty outgoing and friendly, but a tad reserved at times. Unless she has to act, she hardly makes the first move towards something - atleast not out in the open. As an advocate of finesse over raw force, she can probably be best compared to Hannibal Smith of A-Team fame in that respect. She loves it when a plan comes together, and if it ends up looking cool, that's even better. She doesn't make a point out of using her physical charms too much (she thinks that's below her), but instead relies on her innocent appearance to get out of tight situations. If the situation calls for it, she can also act collected and straight, but she doesn't like it.
threadbare 2002-03-27 06:33:43
Noooooooo!
(runs in slo-mo towards the thread)

I'd like to get into it, but the zip won't download right. Could you hit me with it on the E-mail? i'm thinking of a fedora-sporting fellow with an classic sense of style. If it's a hot climate, a white straw fedora (like Hannibal at the end of Silence of the Lambs). That's the core, and I'll go from there.
Dieter 2002-03-27 14:14:59
Just mailed it to you. I hope you have a .pdf reader.

PS. The Spycraft website isn't exactly stable. I imagine that it's getting hit pretty hard since the release of the rulebook last week.
Dieter 2002-03-27 20:16:00
Crap, just one I thought I'd start the game...work gets dumped on me.

Maybe tomorrow.
Dieter 2002-03-28 18:21:02
Sorry about Jessica, but this is one of those times where a 17 Charisma is bad. :)

Imagine a half-naked Nicole Kidman walking around the docks of a Mediterranean harbor.

(Edited by Dieter at 12:21 pm on Mar. 28, 2002)
Gatac 2002-03-28 18:47:08
I do, my friend, I do. Thanks for the image, but Nicole Kidman ? Couldn't you have chosen someone more in Jessica's age ?

Gatac
Dieter 2002-03-28 19:31:53
Yeah, that's one of the reasons you're sweating like a pig. You're the only one on the whole fricking island who's wearing a jacket...to hit your gun rig. :)

In the future, you might want to carry something a bit smaller than a USP.

With that said, consider that you're carrying everything on you.
Dieter 2002-03-28 19:38:20
Hey, USPs hit hard. And it's not like it's a SOCOM or anything. :biggrin:
Gatac 2002-03-28 21:50:38
Hm. That reminds me...I guess I have my stuff stashed away at a train station or something. For the record, I'm not armed and not armored. I AM carrying the gadgets (since they take up so few space) in a handbag.

Gatac
Dieter 2002-03-28 22:13:41
The Agency put you both up in a nice hotel, your stuff could be there if you like.

Since this is an island the size of Manhattan, there's no train service, nor train station for that matter. There -is- a small airport that can accomedate small prop-driven and learjets.
Dieter 2002-03-29 05:19:24
Edit!
Gavin "Heron" O'Conner
Urban Assault/Soldier
23, Male, Irish
1.74m, 70kg
Green Eyes, Dirty-Blonde Hair

STR 16 (+3)
DEX 18 (+4)
CON 12 (+1)
INT 10 (+0)
WIS 12 (+1)
CHA 12 (+1)

vp/wp: 13/12
Defense: 14 (10+4 dex+0 class)

Saves: Fort +3; Ref +5; Will +1

Attacks:
.40 S&W Service Pistol: atk +6 (+7 within 50ft); 1d12; error 1; threat 20; range 20ft. Silencer, laser sight (+2 to-hit within 100 ft.)
Unarmed: atk +5; 1d6+3

Gear: .40 S&W service pistol, silencer, laser sight, encrypted headset radio, 50 rnds .40 military ball (22 pts left)

Skills: Balance +8, Climb +7, Jump +7, Spot +6, Tumble +8

Feats:
-Point Blank Shot
-Martial Arts
+1 department bonus to spot/hide checks

Gavin's Southern Irish, born and bred. His early life had him involved in the rough life of rural youth gangs. As his abilities as a fighter developed and he realized the negative impact that gangs were having, he began to take a more protective, less rambunctious stance in his community. This left him out of favor with the gangs, but ripe for recruitment by the Agency.

His protective stance carries over into his work, where some of his training partners showed signs of resenting his attempts to protect them. Nevertheless, he is always the first to tackle violent obstacles, eager to excercise his forte while leaving the "softer" team members in good shape to excercise theirs.

Apart from his bloodlust and bravery (or recklessness), Gavin is otherwise a fairly normal team player. In fact, when it's someone else's turn to do what they do best, he'll go out of his way to stay out of theirs. It's his way of compensating for trying to hog the action.

As far as general demeanor, Gavin is almost always seen with a smile on his face. For a man who makes his living as a henchman occupational hazard, he's actually light of heart. He likes to open doors for women, drink cocktails with bubbles in them, hum chanties as he pummels terrorists, and watch musical theater.

He has yet to master the art of the one-liner - but hey, he's still 1st level.
Singin too-ra-loo-ra-lay...

(Edited by Infested Paladin at 11:39 pm on April 15, 2002)

(Edited by Dieter at 10:56 am on April 16, 2002)

(Edited by Infested Paladin at 6:20 pm on April 16, 2002)
Dieter 2002-03-29 05:37:19
I'm sure the full rules will end up having Ambidexterity/2-Weapon fighting because it's just silly to not include them... right? Right?

Not that I claim to know your character or anything, but I can't help but see Sean Bean as Gavin. :)
Dieter 2002-03-29 14:43:47
I can say with almost 100% certainty that ambidexterity is included in the rulebook. If not, you bet your ass that I'll include it as a house rule. :)
Dieter 2002-03-29 17:28:23
ADS and Gatac, are you guys doing anything before the boss comes into the room?
Gatac 2002-03-29 19:02:00
Maybe look around some more for a few details, but nothing big.

Gatac