Post-Game: Scum & Villainy - WTF Happened?

Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-06 16:14:27
As far as navigation/plotting courses/hyperspace goes, Jorm, Arnae, or Aurelia would be the best of the group, with Jorm taking the cake.
fanchergw 2005-06-06 17:43:22
Well, with Dieter taking the command role, I'm not sure I'll go that way. I might do 2nd-in-command, if Arnae isn't already there. BTW, would Tactics go under Knowledge or Spirit?

Maybe an assistant mechanic to help Aurelia would be useful, as well.

I'm also leaning toward a Top Gun sort of fighter pilot. Probably good shooting and flying skills.

At this point, I'm still trying to decide on a species for her. Gotta spend some more time digging through the Star Wars databank. I'd like something with good quickness and not too ugly.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-06 18:04:03
I would actually be fine with putting Tactics under either Combat or Knowledge. Combat would mean that you learned through experience and would likely be better suited for small units, while Knowledge reflects more of a trained eye and holistic approach to combat.

As for species, Twi'leks are one of the more human-ish looking ones out there. Zabraks, too. Or Chiss.
fanchergw 2005-06-06 18:49:41
Based on the races that I've been able to find a decent amount of info about (unfortunately, the wiki doesn't seem to have pictures of any of them), I'm leaning most toward the Bothan, Cathar, Chiss, Squib and Zabrak. I'll try to whittle that down soon.

Falleen for some reason remind me too much of the Rodians (maybe it's the skin color). Female Twi'lek seems too much like a stereotype; if I were to play a Twi'lek, I'd probably want it to be male.
fanchergw 2005-06-06 21:26:31
Calsera
(The woman in the middle)

Height: 1.5 m
Weight: 45 kg
Hair: Silvery-grey
Fur: Golden tan
Eyes: Green

Traits
Physical: D6
Combat: D10 (Specialization: Tactics)
Knowledge: D6
Wits: D10
Spirit: D6

Aspects
Dogfighting Ace (d8)
Hates the Empire (d6)
Excellent Night Vision (d6)

Background
Calsera and her family spent most of her cub years on the run. When the Imperials neared the planet she was born on, her father got them passage off-planet. However, they never seemed to run far enough or fast enough. Sooner or later, the Empire would target the system they were in and they would be off running again. On the third such move, her father was killed fighting to give her and her mother time to get away.

As she reached the age of majority, Calsera decided she was tired of running. Over her mother's objections, she joined the rebellion. Due to her quick natural reflexes and excellent vision, she was given a chance to become an X-wing pilot. It was quickly apparent that she had found her calling.

Calsera spent the last couple of years of the war battling the Empire wherever her superiors in the Rebellion sent her. Now that the war is over, she has discovered that she doesn't really know how to do anything else. As a result, she volunteered for Dutch Tragen's squad, both due to his reputation and the opportunity to keep doing what she does best.
CrazyIvan 2005-06-07 03:28:38
For Arnae, how about a two-seat Y-wing with a gunner on the ion cannon? Ivan, want the copilot spot?
threadbare 2005-06-07 06:05:37
*howl of anguish*

Erg. I go on the road for like a week, and a billion pages of post-game springs up, which is actually like new game planning. If you've got a full boat already, that's cool, I don't want to push you over the edge, though I think squadrons could be more easily compartmentalized (hell, sub-GM'd even).

For a character, I was thinking of a member of an old patrician family, many senators, a few jedi even, long and storied history. Except for this guy, who while still noble (in both senses of the of word) is mired in scandal and disgrace which he doesn't want to talk about. He could be navigator/comm, or something like that. Despite the suspicions and rumors about him, he really is a genuinely nice guy, which might be needed on a ship full of hotheads.
fanchergw 2005-06-07 06:21:50
Speaking of ships, I figure Calsera can fly just about anything. She's probably flown just about everything (at least everything smallish) in the Rebellion's arsenal. While she has the most experience in X-wings, she'll take just about anything that's quick and agile. She'd LOVE to get her hands on a TIE Interceptor.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-07 18:04:13
Sorry, I always have to drive to the office on Mondays. TB, welcome aboard - if I'm gonna have seven players, eight won't be much of a difference. :)

I keep thinking that your character should know Daton's noble, or at least their families would have been in the same circles. Hrm... like, anyone mentions "Dantooine" (or whereever) and he just clams up. :)
Gatac 2005-06-07 18:34:55
A-Wing or a TIE Interceptor would be appreciated. (Though, honestly, anything better than a "normal" TIE would be pretty good.)

Gatac
DatonKallandor 2005-06-07 18:36:16
I'm fine with the nobles knowning each other. I'd even go as far to say that the only persons Eritram wouldn't talk down to would be an other noble (although he tries to adapt to the "common folk").

I can not say definetly until is see threadbare's character though.

Daton
Dieter 2005-06-07 20:27:35
It looks more and more like we're heading towards a Wing Commander-style game. If that's the case, I'll need to retool Dutch for less of an infantry-based character.
Aihal the Silent 2005-06-07 20:43:00
Dave, if you want to be more of a pilot character, I can be your Systems guy...though I vote we get a Skipray Blastboat if available.
Dieter 2005-06-07 20:46:33
Quote:

Quote: from Aihal the Silent on 2:43 pm on June 7, 2005
Dave, if you want to be more of a pilot character, I can be your Systems guy...though I vote we get a Skipray Blastboat if available.

Cool.

Expect a slight rewrite of my character.
fanchergw 2005-06-07 20:50:40
With 8 characters, I can see us doing a multitude of things.

Some missions might feature mostly 1-2 man attack ships. Others might have a fast attack transport, possibly guarded by a couple fighters. We could also do some ground-side work.

I figure in a larger ship, Calsera can man a turret pretty effectively.
Aihal the Silent 2005-06-07 20:57:02
I made Jorm to be a Swiss Army Knife character. Obviously his main role is as a Systems Officer, but he wouldn't be a slouch as a mechanic and is above-average when it comes to flying and shooting. So, he CAN fly, he's just not the best. Same with shooting.