Jade Imperium - OOC 11

Gatac 2010-04-06 20:00:27
Remember, kids, only light up what's firing back at us for now...aim to intimidate. :)
Dieter 2010-04-06 20:40:43
Cowboy will be launching a grenade from his SCAR toward the Turai taking cover. Additionally, he will be alerting the Sheen to move in and mop-up.
Gatac 2010-04-06 20:49:01
Uh...can we wait a moment to see what they're doing before we commit to killing them all?
punkey 2010-04-06 20:51:04
That, and he doesn't have the authority to countermand the orders Davis gave the Sheen, which is to stay back until either we are 100% committing to going in, which we very much have not, or the Imperials have surrendered, been disarmed and warned about the Sheen, which they haven't been.

(Edit: Allow me to clarify. I'm not saying that's not something Cowboy's allowed to do in reality, but I am saying that Davis will immediately countermand the order, and there will be Hell to pay when this is done.)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-04-06 21:06:53
It's not usual for me to post enemies' intentions before their initiative, but because so many people have held their actions I decided it'd be okay. As I said:
Quote:

They are going to be hunting cover and returning fire at you guys with spearbombs and/or beamers.

So regardless of what their commanders may hear from Davis, the people on the ground are in "Don't Get Killed" mode. They WILL be shooting this round at least. Therefore, a grenade isn't really out of line.

The Sheen, well, figure it out on your own.

Pros: They'll like you a lot better if you let them start murdering Imperials.
Cons: The Imperials won't surrender to Sheen.
punkey 2010-04-06 21:11:43
My concern is not the grenade. I'd prefer that it'd not get used, but that's just my opinion and Cowboy is not my character.

But Davis says the Sheen are staying put. There are two people in charge of this mission, Davis and Hugh, and Davis says no.
Gatac 2010-04-06 21:13:11
Recommend we keep the Sheen back, we got their heavy firepower and there's no need to kick the Imperials into "To the last man" mode. Cowboy can fire off his grenade. Put down people who fire back but...shit, can we go for shots that will put them on their asses but leave them kauka'ble?

If we put down the imminent threats with our first few shots, I'd like Hugh to shout "Cease fire!". We don't need to shoot more people than we...need to shoot. (Tautology win!) The way I figure, we concentrate on making the biggest possible splash now but stop it before it becomes a drawn-out firefight. Alpha Strike style.
e of pi 2010-04-06 21:31:55
The purpose of this is to try and make this as bloodless as possible, both our side and theirs. If it does turn into a fullscale firefight, we will do what needs to be done to take the camp and accomplish the mission. But if that's not necesary, we should not try to provoke one. I don't want the blood of their wounded and civillians on my hands because you decided a pre-emptive grenade was a beter idea than continuing talking.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-04-06 21:39:05
For fuck's sake.

Kasey, I think Dave feels you're being controlling. And you are, but then -someone- has to plan, and that's been you, and everyone's gone along with it (with some disagreement on specifics that I thought we ironed out in that Wave thingy).

Dave, I think Kasey thinks you are being antagonistic with calling in the Sheen, and you are, because you are tired of being told how to play your character. But a little more patience and we will be out of this godforsaken "PLAN" and into the part where nobody knows what's coming. Keeping the Sheen back is important to what little remains of the plan (getting a surrender from the Imperials), and sending them in will absolutely destroy the planning that you have already more-or-less patiently put up with.

Anyway, GM decision on the Sheen. They don't take orders from ANY of you. They are here because you asked them for help. You have yet to accept any help they've offered so far ("help" being a funny word). They are pissed at you humans and they're not going to come for Cowboy, or Davis, or Hugh, or Jesus Christ Himself.
Dieter 2010-04-06 21:41:09
e of pi wrote:

The purpose of this is to try and make this as bloodless as possible, both our side and theirs. If it does turn into a fullscale firefight, we will do what needs to be done to take the camp and accomplish the mission. But if that's not necesary, we should not try to provoke one. I don't want the blood of their wounded and civillians on my hands because you decided a pre-emptive grenade was a beter idea than continuing talking.

Oh Christ.

I posted Cowboy's actions as a matter of initiative, provided that the Turai continue to attack. If they surrender, I won't fire.

My Sheen statement was also predicated on the fact that we're going to need back up at some point.

Chill the fuck out, people.
Gatac 2010-04-07 11:15:31
Dave, if you're posting a hypothetical, could you please mark it as such? I jumped to the same conclusion as Kasey and was already in the process of figuring out how to roll with that when the argument started.

And now we are in this situation. The turai get a round of doing whatever they individually want before their commanders can get them under control. So now we gotta figure out what's what. If they fire at us, do we kill them, or do we hunker down? That's the central question here.

My take is this: if the commanders truly want to surrender, then they'll get their soldiers to cease fire. If they don't, then the turai will keep going next round. Can we weather a round of unorganized defensive fire, given our distance, dispersion and cover? I think we can, but I admit it's risky. The problem is that if we start shooting down their defenders, it might make them think that we're trying to trick them with the surrender offer, and then they'll fight to the last man. At least they're ignoring the Wherren, so that's good.

I'm withdrawing my previous recommendation and saying we should cease fire immediately. It's a gamble, but not too much of one. And I think the potential results are worth the headache now. If the commanders don't go for surrender, we can still set their asses on fire.

All guys with XM10s might want to change positions, though. Hugh included. Those beams are awfully easy to track back to the firing position. :)
punkey 2010-04-07 11:20:37
Ditto with Davis, and Angel and Semo should seriously consider joining him. Those AT-4s are mighty easy to track back, and getting blown apart by spear-bombs isn't my idea of a good time. And I'm on board with the cease-fire order, too.
e of pi 2010-04-07 17:28:32
I think staying under cover and not shooting for this round works for me. Luis may move if he can without drawing fire, given he was one of the XM10 users, but his goal will be to get behind good solid cover and give the Imperium chain of comand a chance to make up its collective mind and draft a memo to the troops.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-04-07 23:57:59
Semo's at 5/10 Wounds, and 11/18 Shock.

The Turai have ceased fire, but they are still considering the surrender. No wherren were harmed in the making of this film.
Dieter 2010-04-08 02:05:56
Cowboy will be [color=green:4b91ddbc31]HOLDING FIRE [/color]and STANDING OVERWATCH making sure the Imperials do, in fact, stand down from combat.