Jade Imperium OOC 5

Dieter 2007-11-14 18:25:17
Gatac wrote:

Next question: what is *our* policy towards rigging spacesuits with explosives?

:twisted:

Gatac

(I'm aware that we might not have the time nor the opportunity, but I'd go there anyway. If we can do it, it might be good for a laugh.)

Oh, so you're above rigging the ship but not spacesuits?! :P
fanchergw 2007-11-14 18:41:55
If I understand Gatac right, yes, we wouldn't be in the spacesuits.

My opposition to rigging our ship was to avoid pissing off our hosts in the ship who are so kindly transporting us. I have no objection to blowing up more imperials with decoy spacesuits.
Gatac 2007-11-14 19:02:41
No, we wouldn't be in the suits. We let them get close without alerting them to buy us time for assembly, then we dump the suits overboard and have the crew announce that they killed some and are dumping the rest for questioning. The turai take them aboard, BOOM!, we go to sensor jam mode and make full burn.

Drawback is that this could get them uncomfortably close to us, so I'm open to suggestions.

Gatac
e of pi 2007-11-14 20:09:53
Gatac wrote:

No, we wouldn't be in the suits. We let them get close without alerting them to buy us time for assembly, then we dump the suits overboard and have the crew announce that they killed some and are dumping the rest for questioning. The turai take them aboard, BOOM!, we go to sensor jam mode and make full burn.

Drawback is that this could get them uncomfortably close to us, so I'm open to suggestions.

Gatac

Screw more complicated charges. We happen to have two (IIRC) bombs sitting, ready to go, in the corner, pre-rigged to explode when triggered. Just (carefully) stick each into a space suit and it's go for dump. Unless....could Imperium ships detect the lack of body heat in the suit? THe other thing to do would be have somebody right by an external airlock, in a suit, with an AT-4. Right before we blow the bombs, they put a couple shots into the nearest interceptor. There are, what, nine? Get one with the suit bombs (maybe), one with the AT-4, and we might be able to get a few of the others to loose intrest or break off to assist in rescue ops. Everybody whose not involved in those two things or (maybe) prepping the agrobots for their role as decoys should get to crash couches. As for the rest, what's the delay between getting from the exterior lock or cargo bay to the couches?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-11-14 20:35:04
I will endeavor to provide a map of the immediate situation, but I needed people upstairs to witness the mutiny. The good news is, you may soon have bodies to fill those bomb-spacesuits.

Apologies for the cutscene-ish post. If your instincts would be to draw down as soon as you saw Clay or whatever, we'll go to initiative normally. I'll roll as if you just saw him step around the doorway and not as if he had you covered.

Keep in mind that if combat is your first option, you have your sidearms at hand. Max's sidearm is in a box down in the cargo bay. You are mere feet from ALL your stowed equipment. Yaris will be braking very shortly with such force that if you do not stop her or get to the crashers you stand a very good chance of being fatally injured by inertia.
Dieter 2007-11-14 20:43:44
admiralducksauce wrote:

Max's sidearm is in a box down in the cargo bay. You are mere feet from ALL your stowed equipment. Yaris will be braking very shortly with such force that if you do not stop her or get to the crashers you stand a very good chance of being fatally injured by inertia.

Great. It's harsh language for me then. Wait, I'm breaking out the rifles.
e of pi 2007-11-14 20:54:24
admiralducksauce wrote:

I will endeavor to provide a map of the immediate situation, but I needed people upstairs to witness the mutiny. The good news is, you may soon have bodies to fill those bomb-spacesuits.

Apologies for the cutscene-ish post. If your instincts would be to draw down as soon as you saw Clay or whatever, we'll go to initiative normally. I'll roll as if you just saw him step around the doorway and not as if he had you covered.

I recomend having at least Semo and Angel as well as Melish, Arketta, and the other NPCs be our "witnesses. Definently a draw-on-sight situation.

Objectives: render Clay incapable of making trouble (whether that involves shooting non fataly, fatally, or just whacking the poor idiot across the face with a pipe or something), occupy the bridge, render Kovos incapable of resistance (same thing as Clay), stop Swims-the-Black from being killed (unless he already has been), and finally (and most importantly) get Yaris the frak away from the controls. Frankly, her live capture is not a priority. The others at least have the excuse that they're just acting like any civillian caught between their government and rebels, regardless of they're own beliefs, but she'll make trouble if she can, so unless we are 100% sure she is restrained and roundly unable to make trouble (and this probably is way more work than we need at the moment), we might just want to kill her.

Assests: a shitload of weapons, numbers, possibly One-Ton
Dissadvantages: they hold the bridge, they have custody of Swims-the-Black (possible hostage), and if Yaris decides to go nasty, she could just start the burn and leave peeling us off the walls to the Imperium Intelligence Clean-Up Division.
fanchergw 2007-11-14 21:00:45
How far away is Clay? What is the likelihood of Semo getting into HtH range with green-hair without being seriously wounded?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-11-14 21:16:55
map-bridge.jpg

My only stipulations is that Hugh be in front. You can be in the hallway or back in the cargo bay at your discretion, in which case I can erase green dots from future maps.

If Semo wants to be behind Hugh, he can easily cross to Clay and still attack. I'd say chances of him taking one for the team are 50/50, but he's a tough sumbitch. :)

The main problem with NOT being upstairs is that if you fail and Yaris DOES engage the engines, there isn't anywhere to protect yourselves from the acceleration/inertial forces and whatnot.

EDIT: There should be more crash couches than I've drawn. There should be 7 per side, sorry.
Gatac 2007-11-14 21:22:30
We are so bringing tasers on the next mission. Oh well, live and learn.

CQB's crazy, but Semo's big, tough and trained for this. I vote we bumrush the fuckers and beat them into next Sunday, I don't wanna put any bullets into the cockpit electronics.

Gatac
punkey 2007-11-14 21:30:37
I've got a plan for taking care of our little golden-eyed pilot problem, as well, I just need to be able to get to engineering. You think Yaris' mods come with surge protection? :)
Dieter 2007-11-14 21:53:39
Punkey wrote:

I've got a plan for taking care of our little golden-eyed pilot problem, as well, I just need to be able to get to engineering. You think Yaris' mods come with surge protection? :)

Yeah. Run a couple hundred Amps through her. It'll be like french-kissing a power socket.
fanchergw 2007-11-14 22:32:40
Quote:

If Semo wants to be behind Hugh, he can easily cross to Clay and still attack. I'd say chances of him taking one for the team are 50/50, but he's a tough sumbitch. :lol:

Sounds like a plan to me. Semo's gonna mess that fucker up. :x
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-11-15 06:03:28
Initiative:

Davis
Max
Clay & Yaris
Semo
Hugh
Kovos
Angel & Luis
Swims-in-Black, Taylor, & Mellish

Davis is going for Engineering and Max informed me via IM he's holding his action so he doesn't get plugged. Clay'll get a shot on Semo but then it looks like it's beatdown time.
e of pi 2007-11-15 06:17:21
admiralducksauce wrote:

Initiative:

Davis
Max
Clay & Yaris
Semo
Hugh
Kovos
Angel & Luis
Swims-in-Black, Taylor, & Mellish

Davis is going for Engineering and Max informed me via IM he's holding his action so he doesn't get plugged. Clay'll get a shot on Semo but then it looks like it's beatdown time.

Actually, it might be better for Luis to be the one headed to Engineering. Nodoy has come up with the plan IC yet, and Luis is better suited to it. Of course, this is based on reading a lot into one "no," but given the timing it is pretty signifigant. On the other hand, if "no" turns out to mean "I'm not getting involved" instead of "I'm on the side of the guys with explosives," we only loose Luis (rather pathertic) initiative as opposed to Davis's first position. Davis can then use his initiative for something good, like a snap-shot at Clay to get him off-balance and leave him suceptable to Semo's rush.
punkey 2007-11-15 06:17:47
Can I hold my action until our new friends are distracted so I don't get shot in the back?

Edit: Davis isn't going to be doing the rigging, either. If One-Ton's on our side, he's the one that's best suited for the job, and Davis is probably the most qualified to talk him into exploding Yaris' head. If not, Max would probably be best. Still, we could always use the extra gun. If he's going to help us, it's not that far to get back into the action.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-11-15 06:20:28
Actually, it's cool. If you wanted Engineering, I'll stick you in the back. For game purposes, you held your action but for description's sake, it sounds better if you move first. :)

Luis can certainly follow Davis to Engineering on his action if that's what you want.