Jade Imperium OOC 6

Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-12-04 22:14:39
The actual cargo, the things inside those large containers, are machine parts for assemblers. Basically pieces to make factories. They are not really useful outside a heavy construction/colonization situation. They also take up a large amount of space in the hold and add more mass that must be offset by greater fuel/power consumption. In short, it's probably better if you make them someone else's problem.

The agros are even worse. They're the equivalent to combines, and in space, well, they're good for parts and little else.
punkey 2007-12-04 22:15:44
I think letting Swims take care of the cargo and saving our money for later would probably be best. We spend enough to get the ship fixed and fully gassed up, but nothing more.
e of pi 2007-12-05 17:36:46
In consideration of the worthlessness to us, the cargo should go, yeah. So, I'm switching back to option 3. Punkey sounds like he's advocating option 2, and I think fancherw wieghed in in support of a modified option 3 (pay enough to get started, then see if they need more). So, that leaves Gatac, CrazyIvan and Dieter to vote, as it were. Specific things I'd like to sugest, though, however the cookie crumbles:

First, we should move the cargo out of the hold and into the bay around the ship before starting to sell it, if possible. It'd provide cover in a firefight, and if we have to make a quick exit, it means we'd be leaving the dead wieght behind.

Second we should consider buying some spare parts as well. Extra wire spools, whatever. Basic jury-rigging tools, since we won't have the argos to raid anymore. Let's be prepared.

Finally, if there's some way to put the bridge into a "sim mode" so Luis could get in some practice behind the controls, that would be good.
e of pi 2007-12-06 17:44:30
Given that Option 3 has recieved 3 out of four votes and Gatac and Dieter haven't made a preference know, le's just go with it. Also, to repeat fancherws question, do we have to pay the whole amount before repairs can begin, or just a portion?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-12-06 18:01:16
I'll move ahead with option 3. You're not paying a mechanic to do the work - One-Ton's doing the work. You're paying up front for the parts.

You can indeed put the bridge into sim mode (yoinks the good idea), but you need its holographics working in order to do so. Sims have to come after repairs, unfortunately.
e of pi 2007-12-06 20:47:51
Considering we handed over 6kl and they already had our 1.5kl from the trip fare, that's 8.5kl, .5 more than the quote for repairs and a full fuel load. Is the extra to pay for buying some spare parts in case we get into a fix?
e of pi 2007-12-06 21:03:36
admiralducksauce wrote:

Check yo' math. 6 + 1.5 = 7.5.

:)

Dang. Still...wish we'd goten some spares.
Gatac 2007-12-06 21:09:52
Let's hold off on the extras until we know how much it'll cost us to do the mission. Anything we've got left after repairs, passage and a reasonable bribe budget can be used for longer-term planning.

Gatac
e of pi 2007-12-07 04:53:00
Gatac wrote:

Let's hold off on the extras until we know how much it'll cost us to do the mission. Anything we've got left after repairs, passage and a reasonable bribe budget can be used for longer-term planning.

Gatac

Okay. as long as it's on the list. As for the gaurd assignments (One-Ton, ship), I think each should have (at least) one PC with them, in addition to the NPC already volunteered. Also, if anything goes down, it should go down with Imperium guns. Punkey had a point about that. Carry beamrifles and stingerguns.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-12-07 06:42:33
Arketta, Max, and Luis have beam rifles (it's Max's only primary weapon and a secondary for the others). Taylor, Arketta, and Mellish carry stingers, plus Yaris', makes four.

The metagame rationale for the NPCs volunteering to stand guard is that it is likely to be boring. Hugh going with One-Ton and Mellish at least stands a chance of learning something about the shadowport or possibly stumbling into something interesting. Having a PC watching the ship means I have to have somebody try to steal your ship... or worse.
e of pi 2007-12-07 13:45:33
admiralducksauce wrote:

Arketta, Max, and Luis have beam rifles (it's Max's only primary weapon and a secondary for the others). Taylor, Arketta, and Mellish carry stingers, plus Yaris', makes four.

And did we manage to obtain Kovos and Clay's guns? I hope somebody picked them up...
Quote:

The metagame rationale for the NPCs volunteering to stand guard is that it is likely to be boring. Hugh going with One-Ton and Mellish at least stands a chance of learning something about the shadowport or possibly stumbling into something interesting. Having a PC watching the ship means I have to have somebody try to steal your ship... or worse.

Decent point. Leave Hugh with One-Ton and Mellish to go get the stuff, NPC can do the guard duty on the ship.
fanchergw 2007-12-07 17:56:45
Semo can stay and do the unloading. I'm busy enough with work and such that you needn't feel the need to give him an adventure in the process.

BTW, I don't suppose we got our hands on any of those exploding spears? I think Semo's only alien weapon is the sword, but he could take Yaris' stinger or one of the handlances for the time being.

Gordon
fanchergw 2007-12-07 23:07:09
I presume Swims didn't actually take the machinery with him? Semo will stay with the agros and such, or go with Swims if he's taking the cargo with him.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-12-07 23:16:11
Oh, no, there's many many tons of machinery. Swims rented a drone to display holograms of what he has for sale. Like a floating catalog.

Semo's back at the ship handling the cargo offloading off-screen unless you tell me otherwise.
punkey 2007-12-08 20:35:00
It could be that I have Santana - Black Magic Woman on Winamp right now, but I have a feeling we'll be seeing her again.

Also, who wound up coming with me?