Paybacks - Chapter 2: Siberian Standoff

Dieter 2004-12-08 14:41:10
Ranging the sniper's position and calmly propping his weapon on the windowsill, Brian studies his target's movements and waits for him to adjust his stance.

"Watch the birdie..."

*click*

To much dismay, the MP5 fails to fire. Upon a closer (and frantic) investigation, Brian notices the threads on the weapon's silencer are half-sheered off...most likely from his incursion with the policeman downstairs. The weapon appears to be functional, but will require him removing the silencer.

(Edited by Dieter at 8:51 am on Dec. 8, 2004)
Dieter 2004-12-08 15:28:09
Fuck it.

Removing the silencer and switching to burst-mode, Brian comes back up to the window and fires his weapon.

*brr-rap*

Automatic gunfire echoes through the building's courtyard as Brian stitches the sniper. His target falls below the roofledge in a mist of his own blood, the MP5's report fading quickly in the heavy snowpack.
Dieter 2004-12-08 16:59:06
Keeping the FBI agent at gunpoint and not taking his eyes off of him, Yuri plays the situation cool and calls in to Sniper One. The radio remains quiet for about 30 seconds before a response comes back.

"Sniper One to Leader. I'm ok, but in no condition to stay in play. (grimacing) I do see an open window on the eighth floor. It would be a helluva long shot, but it's where I'd be if I wanted to take myself out. Over?"
fanchergw 2004-12-08 17:39:28
Yuri swears in Russian. "<Check, Sniper One. Keep your head down.>"

"<Mikhail, Sniper One hit. Take all of your men and converge on floor eight.>"

If he hasn't already done so, Yuri will take out his frustration by kicking the man in front of him (again).
Dieter 2004-12-08 17:58:38
"Understood, Yuri." says Mikhail, as Yuri gives the FBI agent a lovetap to the ribs with the toe of his boot.
Dieter 2004-12-08 20:18:48
The spiteful kick to Moten's ribs is about all the G-man could take. Taken from a page from his Academy instructor's personal defense book, Moten turns and punches the Russian square in the nutsack. The result is...unexpected.

The Russian bends over, taking in a deep cleansing breath and blocking out the eventual pain, responding with a retributive manuever that no one (including the GM) saw coming. Before he can react, the Russian grabs Moten's left arm and twists it back and around in such a way in which it should definitely not be torqued. The subsequent sounds of cartilage then bone snapping causes Moten to nearly pass out from the sudden and extremely painful shock.

Moten's pain is nearly blinding with his surival instincts kicking in as he pulls out his service pistol.
Dieter 2004-12-08 20:45:22
Inside the building

Brian makes for higher ground and a new vantage point in his attempt to take out the sniper before other guy gets him. His injuries aren't really debilitating, but can be felt as he climbs the stairs and up a level. Going for another open apartment, Brian finds this floor a bit more inhabited than the one below. Arriving at the ninth floor and standing about 5m away is an old man in (at least) his 70's. He probably came out his home to see what the ruckus was about. Accessing him a non-threat, Brian moves down the left hallway, immediately spotting what looks to be two uniformed policeman with flashlights coming towards him.

Did the see me or not? thinks Brian, as he stops in his tracks.
fanchergw 2004-12-08 20:46:08
Yuri grunts in pain as the man's shot to his crotch connects. Fortunately, he's an old scrapper from way back, and manages to push away the pain. Grabbing the arm, he twists it as he steps around his opponent. A grim smile comes to his lips as he feels the shoulder give under the pressure.

The man reaches for his pistol, which doesn't surprise Yuri at all. Dropping the now-useless arm, Yuri knees the man visciously in the back of the head while using his hands to keep the pistol from pointing at him.
Dieter 2004-12-08 21:01:06
Yuri pulls the agent backward as his knee connectins with agent's head. Trying to subdue his opponent, the Russkie also manages to keep the man's hands at bay as the agents lets off a couple of stray rounds from his pistol.
Dieter 2004-12-08 21:35:16
Poor bastards never say it coming...

Brian drops flat and puts a bullet into one of the Uniforms. The man yelps as the round passes through his left leg, struggling to keep his balance. His partner manages to him from falling over, spotting Brian up ahead.

He's definitely not scared and he'd probably like to go for his radio, but currently is preoccupied with keeping his colleague upright.
Dieter 2004-12-08 22:18:47
The brawl outside escalates with Yuri trying to simultaneously disarm and incapacitate the G-Man. Attempting to Judo-toss him, Yuri grabs Moten's bad arm. The move is successful, landing Moten on his back but also affords the G-Man precious seconds to get off shots at his pummeler. Moten brings up his pistol and fires. The first goes wide, but the second tears a thumb-sized chunk out of the Russkie's neck.

Thorougly pissed off at the offense, the Russian's face changes from cold and collected to raging assailent. Yuri spin-kicks the pistol out Moten's raised gunhand then puts a round from his own weapon into the G-Man for good measure.

Pretty sure that this Yankee bastard has learned his lesson in Russian bureacracy, Yuri keeps his pistol aimed at him in a Stay the fuck down! posture while he contemplates his next action.

Yuri reaches for his radio to check-up on Mikhail's progress.

(Edited by Dieter at 6:30 pm on Dec. 8, 2004)
Dieter 2004-12-08 22:36:15
Brian approaches the two Uniforms in a passive stance, using the universal sign of, "Be nice and you'll get to live to see your kids again."

The uninjured officer continues to hold up his friend but takes his open hand off his radio and raises it high above his head. Brian grabs the policeman's radio and gestures for them to am-scray.

*Cue Brian's soliloquy*
CrazyIvan 2004-12-08 22:43:58
Brian drops the accent pretense and the like, speaking into the radio.

"Alright Ivan, here it is. You've got three wounded men and a very hurt dog in here, and another one if I don't like what I hear. At least one of them is going to need a doctor. But...here's the thing. I don't actually like killing cops...that's why your sniper isn't dead, you aren't dead and neither are the three of your men in this building. So how 'bout you call them off and we'll talk about this like grownups. I don't like being in Russia any more than you like me being here...and we're not here for you, or any of yours."

He lets up on the radio button, waiting for a response, but keeping his gun trained on the two men in front of him.
fanchergw 2004-12-09 00:49:14
Having successfully disarmed his opponent, Yuri busts a cap on him, which seems to finally take the fight out of him. Yuri promptly sits down hard on the man's chest, pressing his knees down on Moten's forearms and sliding the barrel of his pistol into the little notch between Moten's eyes.

Suddenly, a voice comes over the radio. Yuri fishes it out with his free hand. "I hear you, Americanski. I try to do this civilized, but you want play games. Now you friend here is paying price. He, too, need doctor, but can be dead if I pull trigger.

"It nice you not want us. It too bad, but I believe you connected to one I sent here to collect. I can let you leave, as long as you leave country, but you not get in my way. I have job to do, and will do however I must."
CrazyIvan 2004-12-09 01:13:50
"Bullocks. You were playing as many games as I was, and you know it. So, we've each got a man or two who we can send to the morgue instead of the hospital. As for who I'm connected to, and what your job is, trust me...you're in alot deeper than you think you are. I'm one of the good guys though, even from your country's perspective. So, how about this...call off your men, get your gun out of my friend's face, and I'll do the same. We get your boys to the hospital, and you and me...we'll have a chat. Man to man, no funny business either way."

Brian pauses for a minute, wondering who the hell "his friend" is. Ah well, things get more complicated, as usual.

"Or, if you prefer, we can keep playing this game. You kill my friend, I stop trying not to kill your men, and we see what happens. You'll get me eventually, but you and I both know you'll be writing letters to wives of a few men...and when it's over, you'll have alot bigger problem than the young lady you're after. Your call."

Brian waits for the reply, hoping honesty and a good bit of self-interest appeal to this particular fellow.
Dieter 2004-12-09 01:26:30
*blam* *blam* *blam* *blam*

A family of slugs imbed themselves into Brian, two in the leg and a complimentary pair in his arm.

"Drop weapon NOW, motherfucker!" Mikhail shouts at Brian from behind an open door down the hall, pulling out his radio with his free hand.

"Yuri, I have the sonuvabitch! Over?"
fanchergw 2004-12-09 03:05:48
"No, not play game. I try to learn who you be. Not, how you say... leap to conclusion. When I think I know, I invite to station. Cleaner, safer to talk there.

"Ahh... Young lady, yes. I be happy to talk about young lady. Here, I step away from you frien--"

Suddenly, shots and yelling are heard from inside the building. Mikhail's voice comes over the radio. Yuri smiles. "<Very good, my friend. Capture if convenient. Otherwise, kill him. Do not allow him to escape.>"

(Edited by fanchergw at 7:06 pm on Dec. 8, 2004)
Dieter 2004-12-09 03:11:08
Weighing his options, Brian flicks the selector on his MP5 to (----) and elects to shoot his way out of the situation.

Spinning about and letting and going full-auto, Brians sprays the general area near Mikhail, shooting through the man's cover and hitting the agent standing behind it.

In the courtyard, Yuri hears sound automatic fire impacting bullets through the open radio channel.

(Edited by Dieter at 9:34 am on Dec. 9, 2004)
CrazyIvan 2004-12-09 16:03:38
Brian keys the radio, which has probably only remained in his hand because he's stopped feeling the muscles in his arm contract, and speaks into it again. His voice has gone cold, and it's got a decidedly less compromising tone to it...it's clear that the little ambush in the middle of trying to get everyone out of this alive has very, very much pissed him off.

"And now, Ivan, you've got another man who needs attention. Call them off...now! I've been more than willing to end this absurdity in good faith, but I'm coming up mighty short on your end, and I'm rapidly losing my charitable nature."

Brian lets off another burst, one more pulling his shots to keep the cop pinned, rather than actually outright killing him.
fanchergw 2004-12-09 18:24:06
More shots from inside creating tension in Yuri's shoulders. The American speaks again through the radio again, making threatening noises. All Yuri really hears is that his friend has been injured. The fury in his belly begins to burn white-hot.

"Very well, Joe. We meet, we talk. Inside or outside?"

"<All units, stand down and reply with status. Mikhail, are you hanging in there?>"

(Edited by fanchergw at 10:26 am on Dec. 9, 2004)