Jade Imperium OOC

Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-05-07 20:44:45
Where is everyone, and what are you doing? Hiding in one of the huts? Covering the ship? Standing out, ready to greet whoever disembarks? Taking hostages?
Gatac 2007-05-07 20:52:18
I suggest we stay inside where we should have visual and limited thermal obfuscation. If they have any advanced sensors, we're fucked, but running outside will give us away for sure.

Everyone should have their weapon ready. We're not going to cut them down the second they step off the ship, but if they spot us and light us up, I want to be ready to return the favor. If they spot us and call us out, Hugh's going, but the rest of the team stays behind cover.

The Captain has his Mark I Eyeballs on the scene, and I presume Max is filming the whole thing. Looking out for every hint of weapons or other dangerous gear.

Gatac
Dieter 2007-05-07 20:54:49
Max will be near the Deltas but also trying to take photos of the ship.

BTW: Has the Council dude asked for his shiny blue rock back?
Dieter 2007-05-07 21:11:51
admiralducksauce wrote:

Actually, that dude's been rather distracted by the new arrivals. You still have it.

Well, I won't be giving it back until he asks. ;)
Dieter 2007-05-07 21:27:05
Gatac wrote:

Don't steal from the space apes, man.

Gatac

It's not stealing until I take it back to camp and crack the sucker open with a flathead screwdriver. ;)

Until then, I'm just holding it for the good space ape.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-05-07 22:08:25
Well, in case it DOES turn into a firefight, Semo's adherence to protocol regarding cleaning his weapon (his By the Book aspect) will give him a bonus for his first few bursts. Angel rolled an 8 on his Stealth and may effectively be anywhere Ivan likes until he acts.
e of pi 2007-05-08 01:04:15
Okay, to me, that sounds from context like a "Come out." of some kind, though whether it ends in "please" or "before we blast you" I don't know. Also, I sugest we send Hugh and at least one armed guy out to meet them. Just clear the door by a few feet, let them react, plan from there. As for negotiations, let's keep it in Wookie-sign for now, and keep English between the team short and to the point if it all. A language barrier can be a powerful defense, let's keep it until we know more. Let their Chieften act as an interpreter.

To review, Hugh and a armed guard go out the door a few feet. We see what the aliens do, then react. Until the situation changes and we know whether these guys are or are not hostile, no English that's not absolutely necesary.
e of pi 2007-05-08 07:36:36
Also, I think, if this comes into the worst case and they open fire, eliminate the rhino-dude in the red sash and then the jellyfish-thing. I think the sashes are authority things, and the order of coming out makes him the leader, in my mind anyway. Next is the jelly-thing, because it seems to have a position of importance, then targets of opportunity, though the purple-sash gaurd should have third priority. Again, assuming sashes are authority signs, his purple makes him the squad's captain.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-05-08 16:32:03
In meetings all day, but don't bother trying to translate the gibberish. I'm using using lipsum.com to generate a bunch of typesetting filler. It may actually MEAN something, but don't take it literally.

And did noone notice the Universal Greeting I stuck in the first post? :)
Gatac 2007-05-08 16:47:33
You didn't offer energon treats. Bad style.

(C'mon, you think I didn't see that? :) )

Gatac
e of pi 2007-05-09 20:33:05
Yeesh, I'm gone for one morning and you go and get into a fight. *sigh* :roll: Anyway, I'm back now. Luis is aiming at the jelly thing or red-sash.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-05-09 21:00:23
To be extra bastardly, I'll say that because Hugh actually did persuade the jellyfish, that it's probably not going to fry his brain right away.

Of the humanoids, only two have rifles now. There are still the orbiting spheres outside the longhouse to deal with, however, and you really have no idea how bulletproof their armor is. If you start shit, though, who are the Whiirr-people going to side with, if at all?
Gatac 2007-05-09 21:07:21
Sounds like an olive branch to me. For the sake of not making them look incompetent, we shall mock-surrender.

Had to make sure the Samal knows we mean business, though.

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-05-09 22:26:45
Looks like they mean for you to walk. If so, is Angel going to make his presence known, given that they really don't seem to know that he's there?

And yes, the translator went back inside the ship. And Max still has the dude's widget.
e of pi 2007-05-09 22:34:40
I sugest we give the widget back now, no need to spark an incident. Let CrazyIvan decide what to do about Angel.
CrazyIvan 2007-05-10 04:20:33
I think it best Angel stick with the PCs. Also, we've yet to actually demonstrate military prowess...hidden snipers help.