OOC: XVIII - The lapdance is so much better when the strippe

Gatac 2005-08-01 22:58:58
I'd really prefer if we could do this without further psychological scarring or physical damage to the kid.

Gatac
threadbare 2005-08-02 01:33:04
I don't think we can take them in an even fight unless we have high explosives.
Dieter 2005-08-02 04:23:03
Time to play hardball. Putting two into Samantha's daughter surely would bring the house down and I wouldn't argue that it's a decent way of getting even for all the shit she's put all of you through. The Agency is in ruins at this point and your actions will basically dictate what sort of career (if any) you'll have if you should survive the day.

The fact remains that it's Samantha, not her daughter, who is the true focal point of the rage. Taking it on her daughter is tantamount to giving in and going for second prize. You could have killed her hours ago, so dragging her all the way out here is not the best way of resolving this situation.

Update for all those interested

-Two transport helicopters hovering directly over the boathouse. Assume there's a pilot/co-pilot in each with a crew of two in the back compartment.
-Eight heavily armed soldiers positioned in the field to the north
-Four SUVs with (presumably) at least four men in each vehicle.
-Elena, Artis, and Brian are on overwatch. Anything that goes amiss will be spotted by one of the them. You will have at least 1 or 2 turns before things start getting dicey.
threadbare 2005-08-02 04:42:08
Hmmn. We seem to be outnumbered. If we're going to do this , we need next to no visibility. Trucks and Helicopters need to be disabled, preferably explosively, and then that'd give us 8 guys to deal with. But is Sam even there?
threadbare 2005-08-02 04:44:15
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 3:58 pm on Aug. 1, 2005
I'd really prefer if we could do this without further psychological scarring or physical damage to the kid.

Gatac

You know that killing her mom is probably considered "psychological scarring," right? If we kill Sam, I know she's going to grow up and one day get revenge on each and every one of us.
Gatac 2005-08-02 06:32:40
I figure that's the high road compared to threatening her life to draw Mommy out and THEN killing her. This way, we stand *some* remote chance of convincing her afterwards that we're the good guys.

Gatac
Gatac 2005-08-02 06:54:44
You're gonna hate me for this, Dieter, but I suggest we stall them now, call Denko Kosminski (the Informant) or, failing that, General Koskov, then try to weather the storm until the cavalry arrives.

I figure that way, they can catch Sam even if we're roadkill. It just becomes a question of how long we can defend ourselves.

Gatac
Dieter 2005-08-02 14:16:59
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 12:54 am on Aug. 2, 2005
You're gonna hate me for this, Dieter, but I suggest we stall them now, call Denko Kosminski (the Informant) or, failing that, General Koskov, then try to weather the storm until the cavalry arrives.

I figure that way, they can catch Sam even if we're roadkill. It just becomes a question of how long we can defend ourselves.

Gatac

I don't think the stall tactics will work, but you can give it a try. You have a big bargaining chip in the form of her daughter. I suggest you use her in obtaining whatever sort of result you want to get.
Dieter 2005-08-02 15:12:05
What if Artis gets in the SUV and starts driving? Try to split their forces - our main group loses one, and hopefully Sam will send more than one SUV/chopper after me. And if she knows her child is in the car, Artis just might not get machinegunned pulling out of the driveway.
Gatac 2005-08-02 15:17:31
This will, of course, bring down a shitstorm on our position, and we don't know how many would follow that feint. If, on the other hand, we can make it somehow plausible (but not certain) that Art has Katrina, they've got a bit of a problem.

If we implement, I vote Art lugs a clearly visible "sea bag" to the SUV. That's believable enough as "container" for a child, yet does not allow them to discount the possibility of a feint.

And then we call Denko in, just for kicks. I figure we ought to use every advantage we can get.

Gatac
Dieter 2005-08-03 16:47:17
I'll give everyone the rest of today to decide the next move. Tomorrow will either be started with your actions or the retribution for not acting. ;)
fanchergw 2005-08-03 17:27:23
Ilyanna starts flinging grenades into the middle of the group from wherever she's hiding.

;)
fanchergw 2005-08-03 17:34:40
I don't see anything wrong with the "sea bag" idea. Let's go for that. The only problem being that Sam will likely follow her kid, and I'm not much offensively, so I'll have to loop around after drawing them off. It's still better IMO than having to face a platoon of guys at once.
Dieter 2005-08-03 17:43:40
Quote:

Quote: from fanchergw on 11:27 am on Aug. 3, 2005
Ilyanna starts flinging grenades into the middle of the group from wherever she's hiding.

;)

Mwahahaha. Indeed! :cool:
Gatac 2005-08-03 19:44:27
All in favor? Alright, that's the plan, let's rock this motherfucker the hard way.

Gatac
Gatac 2005-08-03 20:32:30
Basically, Art feigns with the SUV, we call in the informant and General Koskov, then we give them massive crossfire. Brian will stay hidden and work his magic on the choppers, then on any of the jeeps still running around. We need to concentrate fire and pin them down to the best of our ability. When Brian is done with the vehicles, he can help us with the cover fire.

At that point, we can specifically target whoever the suppressive fire didn't down. By that time, we call Art over to lead whoever is chasing him back to us so we can get them off his back.

The only protection we have is that they should be reluctant to use heavy guns on us because they might hit Katrina. Not exactly proud of that detail, but it seems like the best way.

Gatac
CrazyIvan 2005-08-04 00:44:41
Quote:

Quote: from fanchergw on 10:27 am on Aug. 3, 2005

;)

I use my "leet spotting skillz" and put a round through both knees. I wanna...talk...later.

Alternately...someone's gotta go into the seabag to give it that "person squirming inside" look.

(Edited by CrazyIvan at 5:45 pm on Aug. 3, 2005)
Dieter 2005-08-04 04:18:23
Quote:

Quote: from CrazyIvan on 6:44 pm on Aug. 3, 2005

Quote:

Quote: from fanchergw on 10:27 am on Aug. 3, 2005

;)

I use my "leet spotting skillz" and put a round through both knees. I wanna...talk...later.

Alternately...someone's gotta go into the seabag to give it that "person squirming inside" look.

(Edited by CrazyIvan at 5:45 pm on Aug. 3, 2005)

Ayumi's the only one small enough to be mistaken for the kid.