Spice, Guns, and Credits - Episode 1: Intro

CuteMotherFucker 2003-10-29 19:44:31
Mak blushes for second before taking control of himself. "Not on an, erm, individual basis, you know, one for one... But as a general race, you people can be pretty nasty. Ahem. Not you. I'm sure," he shakes his head to avoid her gaze, "no time for small talk!"
fanchergw 2003-10-29 20:19:50
Jileeza eyes Mak brazenly for several long seconds, then nods. "Good enough." As Mak turns away, she smirks, then returns to her speeder.

"Are we ready to go?"
Dieter 2003-10-29 20:36:50
Wayde checks the throttle and clutch on his bike.

"Yeah, but let me have a go around on this thing. I'd hate to have intake manifold crap out at full speed."
CrazyIvan 2003-10-29 23:35:35
Arnae gives Jilleeza a wary glance. "A pleasure, Jilleeza," he says, not entirely un-sincerely.

He uncaps the flask, takes a swig, then tosses it back to Wayde on his bike. "No more for me," he coughs.

Arnae claims the other bike. He powers it up, and starts checking the systems. "Looks good to me, but I think this one could use a lap before we take it out for real. Hey Wayde, see that fallen tree over there?" He points at a tree a few hundred meters away. "Five credits says I make it back first."
Dieter 2003-10-30 00:01:38
"Yeah, you mean..."

Wayde tucks down and pulls the throttle all the way back, tearing ahead of his intrepid leader. :cheesy:
CrazyIvan 2003-10-30 02:09:54
"Why, you..."

Arnae slams his throttle back and blasts off after Wayde, his repulsors screaming against the abuse.
fanchergw 2003-10-30 16:25:15
Jileeza rolls her eyes. "How cute. Boys comparing testosterone levels..."
Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-10-30 23:24:36
Wayde's the first to the tree, but Arnae pulls neck and neck as they loop around the trees to come back to 'Za's speeder.

The whine of the bike turbines and the spirit of competition blind Arnae and Wayde, but the others loading their gear onto the landspeeder see four skiffs crewed by more armed Rodians skim roughly out of the trees where Wayde and Arnae were a moment before. To top things off, an airspeeder screams overhead.

Arnae looks back as he passes Wayde and sees the skiffs not 40 feet behind him. There's a few goons on the bow readying a repeating blaster.
punkey 2003-10-31 01:46:26
"Oh shit," Reyes says, and gets behind cover. He takes aim but waits until the skiffs get close enough for him to get a good shot.
CrazyIvan 2003-10-31 01:46:49
Arnae tucks his chin down and brings his mouth level to the comlink clipped to his collar.

"Now would be a very good time to leave," he says through the comlink, then pulls up next to 'Za's speeder. He switches from the comlink back to good old shouting.

"Loud up!" He hollers. "They're packing an E-Web. The stakes just got a little too rich."

(Edited by Infested Paladin at 7:48 pm on Oct. 30, 2003)
CrazyIvan 2003-10-31 02:49:05
Aurelia decides descresion really is the better part of valor, and grabs the nearest speeder bike, or hitches a ride with whoever happens to be conveniently present.

After all, blaster holes are hard to patch when they're in organs.

(Edited by CrazyIvan at 8:49 pm on Oct. 30, 2003)
Dieter 2003-10-31 04:08:56
Wayde comes over his comm.

"Blast it all! Cap, I guess we'll have to save the race for another day. Let's regroup and circle the wagons."
punkey 2003-10-31 05:59:43
Reyes boogies back to the speeder once the word "E-Web" is mentioned at this range.
fanchergw 2003-10-31 06:43:32
Seeing the unfriendlies zip out of the woods, 'Za grabs her blaster rifle from the back seat and ducks down behind her speeder. She's just lining up a shot with the rifle braced against the vehicle's body when she hears Maddux yell orders.

Cursing loudly, Jileeza leaps into the driver's seat, tossing her rifle in back. She waits just long enough for a complement of passengers, then hits the gas.
CrazyIvan 2003-10-31 08:32:57
Arnae waves Aurelia over to his bike. "Hang on tight," he admonishes her, more out of dramatic appropriateness than anything else.

"Hey Wade," he shouts above the din of repulsor engines, "What do you mean save the race? I just won!"
CuteMotherFucker 2003-10-31 09:37:14
Running like hell while firing his blasters at one of the skiffs direction, Mak jumps an lands on Jileeza's speeder. "See what I mean? It's almost never a happy occasion when Rodians show up," the Bothan then turns around and aims at the heavily packed hovercrafts.
Dieter 2003-10-31 14:53:03
Quote:

Quote: from Infested Paladin on 2:32 am on Oct. 31, 2003
Arnae waves Aurelia over to his bike. "Hang on tight," he admonishes her, more out of dramatic appropriateness than anything else.

"Hey Wade," he shouts above the din of repulsor engines, "What do you mean save the race? I just won!"

"Grr...You haven't won bantha poodo."

Wayde pulls out his blaster pistol, making ready for defensive manuevers and fire.
Gatac 2003-10-31 14:58:15
Though all of this, Erit remains impassive, occasionally flinching a bit from the incoming fire. Finally, as he's driving shotgun in the landspeeder, he speaks up.

"Should I try to convince them that they shouldn't chase us ?"
CuteMotherFucker 2003-10-31 15:41:01
The Ithorian gets a funny look from Mak. "I was just explaining them some very hard facts about the subject at hand, but go right ahead and give it a try."