Spice, Guns, and Credits - Episode 1: Intro

CrazyIvan 2003-10-27 20:53:18
Aurelia manages to wriggle back out of the crawl space, a small bruise developing on her obviously distressed face. Surveying the sheer magnitude of the things she'll have to fix, her distress growing more apparent, she snatches something with a little more...kick...than her holdout blaster, and starts firing from the most covered position she can find.
Dieter 2003-10-27 20:58:34
Seeing his shot spatter over the speeder's bowplane, Wayde adjusts his shpt accordingly.

"Oh...you wanna play that game??? One..two..three, Fett was a fag."
Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-10-27 21:20:59
Wayde fires twice more, the first shot flying low and into the water, the second one hitting the lead biker. He's knocked backwards off his speeder bike in a shower of smoke, skipping two times over the water before disappearing in a *sploosh*. His bike careens out of control, turning itself and a tree into a fireball. Reyes wings his bike again - the driver breaks off his attack to avoid getting plastered, but right then Arnae and Aurelia appear from the Womprat's access hatch. The second water-skimmer takes a dive as a flurry of blaster fire takes him off his bike. The speeder rolls over and dips into the water, coming to a mostly undamaged halt.

Jileeza and her dance partner arc around each other - Her shots catch air again as the biker puts a lucky shot through her windscreen. "It's our salvage, clear off!" the biker shouts in Rodian.

The two remaining bikers open fire once more, laying down suppressive fire (that's what you call it to save face when you miss by a parsec) and turning to run.
fanchergw 2003-10-27 22:08:26
Jileeza curses as a shot opens a hole in her windshield. "Shit! This is a rental, you goatsucker! One of us is going to have to pay for that!"

Turning her speeder, she heads directly at the biker who perforated her windshield, firing out the impromtu gunport as she begins a game of chicken.
CuteMotherFucker 2003-10-27 22:38:13
Mak takes a sneak peep through the hole in the hull, spotting for the scavangers. Drawing two blasters, he waits for a pause in the barrage of fire, then quickly sends two bolts at one of the attackers and ducks back in cover as soon as the bolts leave his weapons.
Dieter 2003-10-27 22:52:12
"Oorah! Eat light space scum!"

Wayde sights down again for the next target in view, gunning for a shot that will unsaddle the rider yet keep the bike usable.
punkey 2003-10-28 00:53:54
"Don't bother running, you'll only die tired," Reyes says, and adjusts his aim on the torso of one of the fleeing riders.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-10-28 15:06:06
Mak shoots one of the fleeing riders square in the back, his twin custom blasters throwing the Rodian over the front stabilizers. Wayde and Reyes blast the other rider at the same time, who rolls off into the water, dead and smoking. One of the bikes splashes down, but the other veers into a tree, punctuating the blaster fire with another explosion.

Jileeza swoops toward her quarry, firing out of the hole in the windscreen. This time her shots land home, punching craters into the speeder bike and scorching the driver's arm. Stunned and unable to turn, the speeder bike clips 'Za's landspeeder, catapulting the biker over the landspeeder and into the treeline with a *crunch*. His bike follows suit, spiralling into the ground near where he landed and incinerating any chances he might have had of surviving.
fanchergw 2003-10-28 16:09:43
There is a burst of exhultation as 'Za's shots strike home. Noting the trajectory of the bike, she braces for impact with the smaller vehicle. There is a momentary shudder as the bike vaults overhead and into a tree. Driver and speeder go up in a ball of flame.

"Yah!" she shouts. "Never mess with a woman; you'll just get burned!"

Jileeza scans the area for any remaining attackers. If she finds none, she'll glide on up to where Wayde and his crew are climbing from the wreckage.

"Hey Wayde! The spaceport's over thataway!" She calls with a grin. "Oh, and you're late!"

(Edited by fanchergw at 8:12 am on Oct. 28, 2003)
CrazyIvan 2003-10-28 21:46:14
Arnae checks his pockets for something to drink, but in vain.

"Wayde, you know this woman? She's our contact, I assume."

He gives the crashed ship a mixed look. "I'm not too keen on leaving the old girl behind," he says to no one in particular, "but then she always was an onerous old bitch, anyways."

He turns to the crew. "Let's load 'em up! Sergeant, you're on seat assignments."
Dieter 2003-10-28 22:25:52
"Yeah, cap'n...she's with us. I would recommend that we throw some camo over the hull until we can get back to fix things, but I'm guessing this area's crawling with salvage gangs and the like. With that in mind..."

Wayde grabs a cigar from his jacket pocket then looks around at the crew.

"Alright sweethearts, you heard the man and you know the drill...assholes and elbows! Let's police up the area, take only what you can carry, and fall in around the speeders...ready to go in 10 minutes! MOVE! MOVE! MOVE!...LET'S GO! LET'S GO!"
fanchergw 2003-10-28 23:59:20
Jileeza remains sitting in the driver's seat of her landspeeder. She chuckles as Wayde takes on the strange accent and barkes orders. 'Za then looks over at the man he called cap'n[/n]. "That tub was his, then? So who's in charge of your misfit crew this time, Wayde? And what happened to that old heap of bolts I saw you in last time?"
Dieter 2003-10-29 00:06:59
"That would be Captain Maddock...and you should me by now. As long as the credits are there, I do not care. Hell, it was a pretty nice ship until a couple of Ties snuck in there and ruined what looked like a lucrative Tibanna run."
CrazyIvan 2003-10-29 06:11:35
Aurelia helps put up camoflage netting, muttering to herself as she listens to the captain.

"It was a nice ship...beautifully maintained...fuel lines hand checked...blaster gas feeds a work of art...deck vibrations tuned down to a kitten's purr..." *sigh*
CrazyIvan 2003-10-29 06:16:10
"I heard that last bit, Aurelia. Beautifully maintained, I'll give you that, but it's not like you were given much to work with.

"Does anyone have anything whistle-wetting on hand?"
punkey 2003-10-29 07:22:01
Reyes reaches into one of his pockets and draws out a canteen. "Always sad to see a good ship go down. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get her and us out of here?"
CrazyIvan 2003-10-29 10:49:09
Arnae accepts the canteen, uncaps it, and swallows a mouthful. "Wish it was something harder," he murmurs to himself.

"If the Bantha is going to lift again, then she'll need a lot more than we can give her right now. We should head for the spaceport. I don't know about you champs, but first thing on my list is contacting Gulgo the Hutt and pleading with him to not sic Bossk on us for losing his Tibanna."
Dieter 2003-10-29 14:36:22
Wayde retrieves a small flask from a hip pocket, tossing over to Arnae.

"Careful...that stuff is also an effective weapon degreaser. Cap's right, we can't do anything here and the spaceport is our best chance of salvaging her...at least for scrap parts."
CuteMotherFucker 2003-10-29 15:59:08
"We could booby trap the area just enough to make sure only the most insistent natives will try to get anything out of her. A couple of bigass explosions will make them doubt if it's worth it."

Mak looks at the jungle suspiciously, and adds, "we really should get going, though. There will be more of those green bastards, and we're sitting ducks in here."
fanchergw 2003-10-29 16:24:01
Jileeza chuckles. "Yeah, I know a little too well. Hmm... Tibana, huh? Gulgo's not gonna be happy if you can't deliver..."

'Za steps up to the captain. "Captain Maddock? Jileeza. Sorry about your tub." She doesn't sound particularly sorry about it. "Gulgo's waiting. We should probably get there post-haste."

Jileeza watches the interplay for a moment, then steps over to the one called Mak. "You have a problem with Rodians?" she asks, a note of threat mingled with the sultry seductiveness of her voice. She may be a Rodian, but it would be almost impossible to miss the fact that she is also a very sexy woman.