Jade Imperium OOC 3

Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-27 21:46:23
The frisbee basically uses your Think->Medicine skill and provides an instant benefit to that skill's usage, rather than the 3 day healing interval for Wounds taken (plus the fantastic abilities of regeneration and whatnot).

Anyone can use one, they're just better at it if 1) they've got a good Think and 2) they've got medicine-related Aspects and Specializations.
Gatac 2007-06-27 22:09:56
Random question: Did we find any other viable gate addresses during the "gatehack"? I can't remember.

Gatac
Gatac 2007-06-27 22:47:41
No. Matter of fact, I have a new cool plan. But yes, that would have led to a prisoner exchange method.

Gatac
e of pi 2007-06-29 03:34:44
So, first of all: we have their IFF? Can we resume some sort of scan? Even if we just catch the drones, that'd be an improvement. Second, we need to address Varos's cell phone issue. What is it, how do we make it work. If it is a comm device, then, "Hello, Creepy Alien Leader's Phone, Max speaking, how can I help you?" My other instinct is that it reads Gate openings, possibly orbital. Alert NASA and amatuer skywatchers to begin looking for odd, unregistered object in the skies. Don't explain based on "national security."
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-29 13:53:53
You don't have their IFF - Max simply broke his weapons so they don't cut out if they're fired at something broadcasting IFF. They're simply guns now, not smartguns.

Tinkering about to find their IFF frequency, however, would be a fine goal.

Max is really the only one who can respond to Varos' device activation.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-29 18:27:46
Besides whatever medical help Luis wants/can offer, he can get satellite imagery on his laptop (good thing you didn't leave it on Whirr, huh?).

The surface is either 1) clear or 2) the Turai stealth has beat your Awareness rolls for now and are choosing not to attack 4 helicopters and a platoon of soldiers.

Are you going to clue Sturgis in on friendly positions before he sends his team down?

Would you like to get said team to the Pit immediately? If so, you guys have the code for the freight elevator now. Actually, if you did that, you could bring down some non-corpse objects with which to block the Gate.
e of pi 2007-06-29 18:33:51
How long 'til we have satilite coverage? They can hide their own IR, maybe, but they can't hide an internal combustion engine, and the fact that its night will only help, since the surroundings won't be as hot. Also, Luis'll get over and help the guys who need it, Earth-style. No more Frisbee use until we've performed destructive testing and taken apart one of them (unless its absolutely necesary). Out of idle curiosity, how high up the food chain has this incident gone so far? Has the president been briefed?

EDIT: Never mind, we've got coverage now. Okay, can we get IR off of a satillite? I'm not entirely sure. If not, I'll edit and we'll figure this out the old-fashioned way.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-29 19:18:19
You don't know how high up this intel goes, that's part of the point. It seems Sturgis and his men are at least cleared to be inside Mesas Negras. Beyond that, it was probably a good call to refrain from frisbeeing those engineers.

They may not know about the Gate, they may just be cleared to see it and trusted to not freak out.

I'm going to shift Hugh's response AFTER mine so it makes more sense.

If you want in on a Black Hawk vs. Humvee chase, <arnold>get to the chopper!</arnold>
Gatac 2007-06-29 19:22:39
Oh fuck yeah. Hugh's on that chopper and more than willing to stop that HMMWV.

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-30 16:19:26
I know there's not much to react to with that last post. I've got something for Max to do coming up, and the chase of course, I just didn't have time to set that up yet.

I figure Luis will be navigating the pilot with his laptop. There are two minigun positions open; I would assume Hugh and Angel would take those, with Semo hanging out the side with his own weapon, but you can mix that up as you like.
Gatac 2007-06-30 16:27:50
Yeah, that's fine.

Hugh will think of a good spin to explain things if the turai are seen. Hmm...terrorists. From...Bulgaria! Yes, Bulgaria! What has Bulgaria ever done for us? Have you ever heard anything from there? Aren't they, like, all shifty? :D

Gatac
e of pi 2007-06-30 19:08:56
Gatac wrote:

Yeah, that's fine.

Hugh will think of a good spin to explain things if the turai are seen. Hmm...terrorists. From...Bulgaria! Yes, Bulgaria! What has Bulgaria ever done for us? Have you ever heard anything from there? Aren't they, like, all shifty? :D

Gatac

Any chance we can call the town's police department to slow them down if necesary?
Gatac 2007-06-30 20:27:11
In five minutes? We should warn them to lock the doors and barricade themselves.

Gatac
e of pi 2007-07-01 05:44:38
Well, even that's preferable to civillian casualties, if we can avoid them.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-07-02 22:31:43
I'd assume your actions are "shoot the bastards", but specifically do you want to try for the vehicle (easier but tougher target) or to actually try to hit one of the passengers/driver (harder target but squishy). Semo actually has no penalty either way, but the distance and motion makes his shot more difficult as the miniguns have a higher effective range and are bolted into their mountings.

Hugh (Angel) vs. Humvee: d10 (d12) w/ d8 full-auto bonus vs. d8 range
Hugh (Angel) vs. Passengers: 2d10 (2d12) low w/ d8 full-auto vs. d8 range w/ d6 cover
Semo vs. Humvee: 2d8 hi w/ d8 full-auto vs. d10 range
Semo vs. Passengers: 2d8 hi w/ d8 full-auto vs. d10 range w/ d6 cover

The Humvee can't outrun a chopper. The bad guys have figured this much out, they just have to try to make it inside the power plant.
CrazyIvan 2007-07-02 22:47:08
Humvee itself. Once they're in the plant, we have to play hide and seek or you melt the reactor core, and that just sucks.
Gatac 2007-07-02 22:48:46
Targeting the truck. In my view, if we make that thing blow up, we kill the turai - however, if we try to shoot the turai, we don't necessarily stop the truck. Plus, it's easier and I don't gamble when it comes to nuclear power plans.

Gatac
fanchergw 2007-07-02 22:51:29
My recommendation would be for Semo to go for the engine block while Hugh and Angel turn the passenger compartment into a killing zone.