Vandal Squadron - Chapter 1

Aihal the Silent 2005-06-15 22:18:12
Jorm cracks a smile and almost falls his seat laughing at Eritram's misguided attempt to smooth ruffled feathers and pile on the Bantha fodder. "Relax, Eritram. I'm just saying that there are few souls brave enough to _request_ to go up against TIEs in a fighter slower than an X-Wing. I don't think it will be too much trouble getting a Y-Wing for you."

Jorm claps Eritram on the back as he gets back to his data.
DatonKallandor 2005-06-15 22:26:12
"You had me sweating there, Jorm - don't do that again, ok?"

"While we're at it, who wants to take the pilots seat in the good old Y?"

Daton
Aihal the Silent 2005-06-15 22:58:00
"That wasn't my intent at all. Besides, I think Mandall has it right. If we could afford to, the mechanics would probably chuck all of the Y-Wings and get X-Wings and B-..."

Jorm cuts off as a thought takes him. In addition to searching for the mission parameters, he also takes a look for any B-Wings that might be available.
fanchergw 2005-06-15 23:27:44
Moments after the Captain gives his response, Calsera finds a cosy corner and curls up for a nap. Thus, she misses out on all of the premature ship jockeying.

Her dreams are filled with visions of her stalking and killing...

(Edited by fanchergw at 7:57 am on June 16, 2005)
CrazyIvan 2005-06-16 00:37:12
Aurelia just watches the knife throwing display, placing a small and ultimately trivial sum on Cat, pleased when it pays for the night's drink. She sighs when the ship jockeying begins...it honestly doesn't matter to her where she is.

She stands, murmering a "let me know who has an extra spot..." before rising and making her way back to the dagger, where she settles down on the upper surface of one of the atmospheric wings, wadding up her jacket as a pillow and falling asleep.
DatonKallandor 2005-06-16 10:12:41
"Right, if that's all, I'll take my leave."

Eritram heads for the exit, pausing slightly when he sees Calsera curled in the corner, but continues on.

Daton
Aihal the Silent 2005-06-16 17:12:05
Until Dutch tells him otherwise, Jorm resigns himself to letting the Sith Eater go with Dak, but the frown is wiped away from his face by a brillant idea. He makes a note to leave Aurelia a message before sacking out and then gets back to the great game of ship reservation.
CrazyIvan 2005-06-17 04:33:37
Arnae's also pretty satisfied with his own return on his wager on Calsera. He retires to his own bunk on the Dagger. It's not that he has a thing against sleeping in assigned quarters or sharing a bunkroom with another pilot, but there's something assuring and strengthening about being on the ship that he and Aurelia put together. It's a feeling he can't quite put a name to, but it has something to do with esape and transformation. Sitting in his bunk, he props his datapad up on his lap and resumes work on his novel with that thought in his mind.
Gatac 2005-06-17 05:13:27
Mandall performs his nightly ritual; fetching the hammock from his quarters, he makes his way up to the dorsal side of the ship, up into the small infirmary. He nods to the ship's doctor, then hangs his hammock into an unused corner of the supply room. He produces two earplugs and a blindfold from his nightpack, as well as a small wristband. The band has one function only - to vibrate in case of an alarm. As always, it takes a minute to prepare everything, but finally, he slips into the makeshift bunk and starts a short meditation sequence.

I enter the nebula. The sunlight becomes a mere distant glimmer. No sound...no sound at all...

And with that, he's out.
Dieter 2005-06-17 14:13:15
Quote:

Quote: from Aihal the Silent on 11:12 am on June 16, 2005
Until Dutch tells him otherwise, Jorm resigns himself to letting the Sith Eater go with Dak, but the frown is wiped away from his face by a brillant idea. He makes a note to leave Aurelia a message before sacking out and then gets back to the great game of ship reservation.

Dutch understands Jorm's request, suggesting that he do everything short of breaking regs to keep the Eater is Vandal Squadron.