Vandal Squadron - Chapter 1

fanchergw 2005-06-15 17:31:42
Calsera is visibly disappointed by her throwing. Worse, Eritram's is quite impressive. She looks darkly at the knives as they quiver in the dummy.

Then the betting starts, and a smile spreads across her face. Cat does the slinky-woman-cat-stretch to spur on the betting.

Once again, she accepts the knives from Eritram, one eyebrow raised at his comments. This time, rather than concentrate so hard, she takes a more Zen approach, making her throws based on feeling.
Dieter 2005-06-15 17:37:05
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 11:24 am on June 15, 2005
"What, you don't trust me, Dutch?" Dak asks. It's hard to tell if he's genuinely hurt or if he's being a smartass. "Jorm's good when he's got a console in front of him, but I'm a goddamn Jedi Master when it comes to bets."

"Yeah. And I've read your service record. Two of your previous ventures led you all the way to the brig. I'm just keeping things legit. I don't want some drunken wiseass putting a vibroshiv through you."
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-15 18:03:00
"I'll be gentle!" Mixon shouts in response to Dutch's comments. Jorm's saddled with keeping track of who bet what on who as the second round begins.

Calsera throws first, and is pleased to see a significant improvement over her last work. Whereas Eritram's groin hit was near-pinpoint, Cal's throw is perfect. Her knives to the heart and head are comparable to Eritram's last performance. Whoops and shouts go up across the room as the ACAGs shout their approval.

Eritram's follow-up throws are still good, but Calsera's clearly the winner of the second round. Mixon throws exceptionally well - his and Eritram's efforts are deemed a tie.

Mixon leads off the third round, eager to settle the tie one way or another. He attempts to put all three knives into the armor's battered helmet. One, then two knives hit home, then the third one glances off the white armor and embeds itself in the wall. Disappointment sounds from 12th Wing as Mixon shrugs and hands the knives to his (at least for now) betters.

Cal's third barrage of blades once again find their marks, though there is some room for improvement. The head strike in particular needs an extra tug to remove. It's when Eritram throws that things go pear-shaped.

Although unable to best Calsera's heart and groin hits this time, Eritram winds up to place his knife perfectly in the stormtrooper's forehead. The impact is the last straw for the damaged armor, and the helmet cracks, falling to the deck in several large pieces.

"Son of a sith!" Wildman exclaims. "You gotta pick up a new suit next time you're out, Istom."

It is determined that although destroying the helmet was a good finale, Calsera barely squeaked by with the win.
Gatac 2005-06-15 18:21:01
Mandall steals a look at the scoreboard.

"Just two points difference? That's what I call cutting it close."

He looks at the armor suit.

"Damn, we took this thing apart with throwing knifes. Where the hell do they find enough idiots to put in those deathtraps?"
DatonKallandor 2005-06-15 18:21:21
Mildly disappointed with the outcome, but quite pleased with his final throws Eritram bow before his "audience".

"Full performances every month. Trick shots are made when they are called for."

To Calsera he adds "Great work. I hope you dont forget my moral assitance when it comes to paying the drinks."

Eritram heads back to his table and the wine still waiting for him.

Daton
fanchergw 2005-06-15 19:20:18
As her throwing improves through the rounds, Calsera is clearly pleased, giggling and whooping on the best throws. Adding Mixon from the 12th to the competition just makes it more fun. Unfortunately for him, he's just not quite up to the competition today. Another day might well be a different matter.

On Eritram's last throw, the helmet splits and falls to the floor. Cat laughs. "Typical stormtrooper, eh?"

She turns at Eritram's words, a confused expression on her face. "Of course, we all did well out there today. I paid for my own drinks, and assume everyone else is as well. However, if you are short of credits, I will gladly buy you one." Having not participated in the betting, she does not expect to get a cut of any winnings. Perhaps this is some human custom that she is unaware of, in that a winner is expected to buy others a drink?
Aihal the Silent 2005-06-15 19:37:08
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 10:24 am on June 15, 2005
"What, you don't trust me, Dutch?" Dak asks. It's hard to tell if he's genuinely hurt or if he's being a smartass. "Jorm's good when he's got a console in front of him, but I'm a goddamn Jedi Master when it comes to bets."

[Pre-Fight]

"Well you have to be good at something," said Jorm to Dak with a good-natured smile as he cleared his datapad and began recording bets. "I've seen the way you run a ship and if you run a betting pool the same way, then the only winners will be the ones who didn't bet."

[Post-Fight]

"Don't we still have that suit strapped to the hull as a warning to all of the other troopers out there? I'm sure the captain will lend it to us, if for no other reason than to keep all you knife-throwers occupied and out of his hair."

(Edited by Aihal the Silent at 12:38 pm on June 15, 2005)
DatonKallandor 2005-06-15 20:16:53
Quote:

Quote: from fanchergw on 12:20 pm on June 15, 2005

She turns at Eritram's words, a confused expression on her face. "Of course, we all did well out there today. I paid for my own drinks, and assume everyone else is as well. However, if you are short of credits, I will gladly buy you one."

"Its alright. You know, sometime I gotta tell you about all the customs of where I come from."

"Anyway, Ill see you all in a few hours, I have the feeling the next mission wont be so easy."

Eritram gets up and heads out
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-15 20:57:22
Ironically, Eritram runs into Captain Kolit on his way out. The Mon Calamari officer motions Eritram back into the lounge, then follows him in. There's a flurry of activity as the ACAGs get to their feet.

Kolit looks suspiciously at the knife-riddled stormtrooper armor before saying, "12th Wing, see you at briefing in ten." There's a few audible groans, stifled by a shove from Mixon or a look from Dak. "Vandals, don't get too cozy either. It looks like we'll have something to keep you busy soon enough. Oh, I'll take those reports if you've got 'em, Dutch. As you were."
fanchergw 2005-06-15 21:04:41
"Oh. Okay, Eritram. I'm sure that will be very interesting," Calsera replies.

Moments later, their fun is interupted by Captain Kolit. 12 gets an assignment, which doesn't particularly make them happy. This mystifies Cat as she enjoys the thrill of danger - perhaps it's a human thing.

Kolit promises the Vandals a mission as well. "Is there time enough for a cat-nap, Captain?"
Aihal the Silent 2005-06-15 21:08:23
Almost before Captain Kolit finishes speaking, Jorm seems to materialize behind him and slips the completed [and spell-checked] reports in his hand.

With a salute he heads back to his table and begins REALLY going over the ship rotations.

Let's see if anyone has placed a claim on Sith Eater yet.
Dieter 2005-06-15 21:19:15
Dutch gives a nod to Jorm, then gets back into character.

"You heard the Captain, party's over. Vandals, time to hit the bunks for some shut-eye. We're not on alert, but I don't want any of you copping Z's out in the field."
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-15 21:22:22
"Better now than in the cockpit", Captain Kolit replies to Calsera's question. "But yes, you all have some time- thank you, Taban. Didn't see you there." Kolit takes the datapad and leaves.

Jorm gets back to his task and sees that the Sith Eater is getting rearmed immediately - a sure sign that it's slated to go out before the Vandals' mission. He could spoof some orders to "reserve" the Blastboat if he was careful, or simply let it go and hope that the mission won't require the Eater's copious missile racks.
Gatac 2005-06-15 21:23:30
"Well, if it's another CAP, I probably *could* do it while sleeping."

He turns to Jorm.

"Any of the A-Wings out of maintenance already?"
Aihal the Silent 2005-06-15 21:31:01
"Damn!" Mutters Jorm. "What? A-Wings? Let me see."

Jorm scrolls through the rotation schedule. He's checking for a good analog to the Blastboat and a good A-Wing for Mandall.

"Any preferences, sir?" he asks Dutch. " It looks like the Sith Eater has already been requisitioned. If I do any 'creative group configuring' the Captain might spot it. You know how he hates that."

While waiting for Dutch's reply, Jorm takes a look to see who has been assigned to the Sith Eater .
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-15 21:37:16
It takes some work, but Jorm has a pretty good hunch that Dak specifically requested the Sith Eater for 12th Wing. The good news is that there is one A-Wing that's not having its engines overhauled for the umpteenth time. Jorm sends his requisition in for the starfighter and looks for something with punch to replace the Blastboat.
DatonKallandor 2005-06-15 21:37:21
"Let's not make him too angry. I think we can handle if you manage to get us some X-Wings. Just in case we need some heavy hitting, secure me a Y-Wing, will ya?"

"I'll definetly come back to explaining ancient traditions again, Cat."

I wonder if she's just pretending not to know. Sneaky Cat.
Aihal the Silent 2005-06-15 21:45:08
This has Dak's ugly, stupid, incompetent finger prints all over it. A quick comm to Maintenance saying that there is an internal radiation leak in the Eater would pretty much put it back in my hands. Wait..

Jorm takes a moment to see if the mission parameters for the 12th and Vandals have been posted yet. And if they haven't been posted, he checks to see if they are available in other ways.

"I'm sorry, you said you *want* a Y-Wing?"
DatonKallandor 2005-06-15 22:10:50
"No no, just politely asking for one. I am sure it will be hard to do, and noone expect you could pull it off, but please try to get one for me, ok?"
Gatac 2005-06-15 22:15:29
Mandall chuckles.

"I think we have half a dozen Y-Wings sitting around, but the only way you could get your hands on one is to promise the Chief that you won't bring it back."