And Now For Something Completely Different

fanchergw 2006-06-02 17:40:54
Calsera smiles. "That's an excellent idea. Let's stop wasting time on this bantha poodoo and space him. We've got more important things to do."
Gatac 2006-06-02 18:25:09
Mandall walks in, notes the ongoing conversation and weighs in.

"That's quite the idea. Cuff him, tie some rope to his ankles, and give him a couple seconds in hard vacuum to rethink his position."

He walks over to the box and bows down to the Rodian.

"Do you know what it feels like to have the saliva on your tongue boil? You're on a fast track to finding out."
e of pi 2006-06-04 04:00:24
Ty, in character, sighs. "I appologise, how rude of us. I would be happy to provide you with some treatment for your wounds and refreshments, however, you must return the favor, and provide something to us." He directs his next comments to Mandal. "Could you grab a medkit and a ration pack from the storage lockers?" He returns his attension to the exterior of the Rodian's cell. "Now then, what can you tell me."[/i]
e of pi 2006-06-04 05:12:35
"While we get them, why not introduce yourself; it can't do any harm to tell us your name. Then we can talk like resonable beings."
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-06-05 17:29:37
It's no problem obtaining the medkit and ration pack. Meanwhile, the Rodian gives in to Ty's request. "Call me Eeta. Who are you?"
e of pi 2006-06-05 18:51:52
Ty accepts the supplies Mandall brings, then turns back to the makeshift cell. "My name is Tynam Ridemis, past member of the Price's personal guard, currently employed by Dragon Transport Services." He take a step towards the cell, watching the cameras for any sign of a threat. "Step back from the door, please."
fanchergw 2006-06-05 21:01:12
From her place on top of the cargo container, Calsera listens to the exchange. This guy is quite the whiner, but seems to be willing to divulge if they play along. Still, it is best to be prepared.

Cat pads silently to the end of the makeshift prison, perching herself just above the door. If the rodian causes any trouble when Ty gives him what he requested, she will be all over him in an instant.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-06-08 18:01:50
With only one hand to his name, in pitch-darkness, and in desperate need of those meds, Eeta shrinks back from the (to him) blinding influx of light that accompanies the opening of the cargo container hatch. Ty slides in the medkit, which Eeta hastily grabs and dumps upside down, scattering ampules here and there. He finds what he needs and self-administers some painkillers.

"Rrrgh... that'll do it. If I play your game, I want assurances." Eeta's eyes scan the dimensions of his prison and catch as much detail as he can through the narrow hatch opening while it's still open. "I can hear the engines - this tub is enroute. I want to know where you're headed and I want your word that I won't be harmed."

(OOC: to recap, The Dragon is enroute to Mygeeto, slated to deliver a cargo of shielded containers carrying armed troops and military vehicles. You guys have a few more hours left to go in hyperspace.)
e of pi 2006-06-08 19:42:10
Noticing Eeta's eyeline, Ty carefully positions himself to block a view of anything important, then continues, "Tell us a little more about yourself and we may tell you more about us, but I can tell you tht the only way you'll be harmed is if you do something that forces us to harm you. Now then, let's get down to durasteel pins."

OOC: I'm trying not to give away too much without more than just a name. However, if anyone has anything they want to add, go ahead.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-06-09 16:05:40
Eeta appears to relax somewhat, and starts talking as long as Ty keeps the hatch open.

"You already know about Naga's trouble with Moff Dorn on Mygeeto? The Imperials had a sweet deal with Naga, and then they decide for some reason that dealing with him's not in their interests anymore, and they hijack a shipment that was coming to them in the first place. Right in the open, didn't wait till they were even in the system. Then they try it again over Nar Shaddaa - just spitting in the Hutt's face, they were - and you guys show up and 'save the day', as it were. It's suspicious, that's what. My job was to nab one of you, get on your ship, and make sure you're who you said you were."

Eeta looks at Ty, trying to discern if he's talked his way into a spacewalk sans suit.

"We know, you see. Imperials aren't stupid. Dorn wants in on Naga's business since the Empire isn't running the only game in town anymore. It'd be too easy to blast a convoy and then stage a fake rescue. Then you've got a whole posse of Imperial spies in the outfit. Besides," Eeta adds, "we already caught one of your spies."
fanchergw 2006-06-09 17:16:21
Calsera listens to the exchange quietly from her place atop Eeta's makeshift prison. It seems they are suspected of being Imperials!

"Imperials? Us?" Calsera can't say any more as she's too busy laughing.
Gatac 2006-06-09 17:27:44
"Yeah, that was a good one. And so earnestly delivered."

Mandall takes a breath before continuing.

"Look. If we were Imperials, we'd have already let a torture droid loose on your ass. They got resources, and they're not the most subtle guys. We, on the other hand, have to improvise. And yeah, we knew that the Imps were stirring up shit - we got word that they'd try to raze another of your convoys, so we tailed them and figured we'd get a paying job if we helped you guys out. Worked like a charm, didn't it?"

Going over Eeta's words again, Mandall does a double-take.

"Sec. Did you just say you got an imperial spy?"
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-06-09 18:37:50
"Yeah they caught a spy. One of Naga's guards, some Besalisk thug. You'd think that with all the ex-Imperials Braxis Dane brings in it'd have been one of them."

"Can I have that ration pack now?"
e of pi 2006-06-09 18:59:47
"Check under the medkit," Ty say offhandedly, thinking over the implications of Eeta's revalations.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-06-14 07:41:17
Eeta tears into the ration pack with as much gusto as he can muster.

"Not that you need my advice, but I'd hightail it to your favorite Outer Rim system of choice until the space dust- what was that!?"

The Dragon lurches out of hyperspace, everyone reeling from the cutoff. Red emergency lights spin out of wall recesses, painting the interior with a shifting hellish glow.

Up on the bridge, the sensors paint an unsettling picture. The Dragon's in the Mygeeto system, but it's too far out compared to the plotted astrogation. Then the reason appears - an Interdictor cruiser looms into view, its daggerlike shape marred by bulbous gravity generators. Moff Dorn has called in some favors, it seems.

*This is the Imperial Cruiser Pacifier. Cut your engines, state your business, and prepare to be scanned.*

The sensor array is picking up a clearer picture now. The Pacifier sits well away from Mygeeto. Local traffic is sparse and is mostly comprised of short-range TIEs flitting from ship to ship. A Star Destroyer sits in high orbit over Mygeeto, ever vigilant.

You can't say you're Rebels. Admitting you work for Naga the Hutt is likely just as bad. And the Empire isn't the most tolerant when it comes to pirates, Hapian or otherwise...