Jade Imperium - OOC 10

punkey 2009-08-27 02:49:41
Well, that was supposed to be a way to get a reaction out of her so it doesn't look like I'm suddenly deciding to tell her deep secrets and more like we're continuing that whole "carrying on in public" thing, but that works too. Actually, following her reaction, it could be better. ;)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2009-08-27 19:11:16
Everyone but Punkey's got a prompt (more or less) in the new thread. I was planning on incorporating Luis and Angel closer to Davis and making them report to Lt. Col. Gibbons, but what he's doing depends on me getting a little more from Punkey first.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2009-08-28 05:41:10
Whew. I definitely meant to rush this, but the important thing is you guys are back together. Gordon, I know I've got a prompt out to you from Livia, and can easily finish that bit out and slide Semo into the briefing thing before we begin.
Gatac 2009-08-31 18:19:12
Um...would Hugh be there? I mean, it'd make sense to have him at the mission briefing, yes, but he's already gone off to do his thing, so...

...I'm just making more trouble for you here, aren't I. :)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2009-08-31 19:34:05
Oh no, I've gone crosseyed. :)

I've left it intentionally very vague when exactly everyone's missions ended and when they got back to Diego Garcia. So Hugh got his evening pass, and then the next day, or maybe it was the day after we're in the hangar with the briefing. Gordon's got his surgery scheduled, but Semo's finally had some time with Livia. Angel, Luis, and Arketta got the short end of the stick - although they came home before Davis they came out in Arizona and so they've just gotten to the island.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2009-09-02 20:37:01
All righty. Everyone has a month of paid leave, plus you'd normally have accrued probably a few weeks to a month of annual leave on top of that. And given that you're Delta, and given that you've been tied up with top secret galactic conspiracies, you all probably have the max annual leave stored up anyhow. That's 2 months of paid vacation.

In addition to the in-game reward, everyone's getting XP finally.

10XP to be spent solely on Aspects:
- buy a new one starting at d4 for 4XP
- raise an existing one a die type by spending XP equal to the next die up (d8 aspect to a d10 costs 10xp)

16XP to spend on Traits and Specializations:
- raise a Trait a die type by spending XP equal to the next die type (d6 Fight to d8 costs 8XP)
- buy a new Specialization by spending XP equal to the current Trait (buying Rifle Specialization for a d12 Shoot costs 12XP)

Finally, I have a kind of "season ender" montage to write, but if anyone has anything they want to do or say, either at this briefing or elsewhere, I'll hold off.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2009-09-02 20:42:43
Additionally, there's an opportunity here in case anyone wanted to play a different character. Initially, it made sense for everyone to be soldiers, but there are far more available roles now. Rebels, Whiirr, other government agents (US and foreign), the options aren't as limited anymore. Not saying you have to change or that I want you to change, but if you had a mind to, the offer is there.
Gatac 2009-09-02 21:07:34
I'll do the following:

Add Stealth specialization to Move. (Not a huge deal now, but I figure that leaves some room for future growth. All the better for guerilla warfare, too.)

Add Awareness specialization to Wits. (Hugh's already pretty big here, so I figure it's time to expand on it. Make Hugh the "Wait a minute, what's that?" machine.)

Upgrade "Cautious" aspect to d10. New description:

"Too many tricks, too much unfamiliar ground - you have to be as careful as Hugh Verrill if you want to survive an intergalactic war. He knows when it's too quiet, which people are looking at him and where all the doors lead. His keen sense of tactical leverage can turn an enemy ambush against them in seconds."
punkey 2009-09-02 22:03:24
Alright, upgrade time for Davis!

Bump both Wits and Move up to d8! Add a new Aspect called "Making Friends" at d6! Change the name of "Mind Games" to "Influencing People", just for symmetry! Boilers to full! Ramming speed!
CrazyIvan 2009-09-03 02:47:38
I'll keep Angel - and I think I've actually got some XP banked as well, don't I?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2009-09-03 03:29:06
Good Lord, you do. 18XP by my best calculations on top of the 16 Traits XP / 10 Aspects XP from this campaign.
e of pi 2009-09-04 01:08:13
I'm sticking with Luis. Rasing both Talk and Will to d8, at 8XP each for my 16 there. I'm sort of pushing him into having to take initiative and lead, and those will help reflect that. In the same spirit, I'm adding a new Aspect at d6 (add at d4, raise to d6, 10XP).

Reluctant Leader (d6)

All his life, Luis has avoided the center stage for fear of letting others down. Now, interstellar war has forced him into the position he's never asked for, but he's turning out to be better at it than he thought.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2009-09-04 05:32:27
Ivan, what does Angel do when he gets 2 months off? Has that ever happened?

EDIT: Talked to Punkey, who said he talked to you, who said Beer and Women were high on the list. Hell, you mention you're a space hero and I'd say Angel should be neck deep in both. Read it and weep, fighter pilots. :)
CrazyIvan 2009-09-04 07:16:24
admiralducksauce wrote:

Ivan, what does Angel do when he gets 2 months off? Has that ever happened?

EDIT: Talked to Punkey, who said he talked to you, who said Beer and Women were high on the list. Hell, you mention you're a space hero and I'd say Angel should be neck deep in both. Read it and weep, fighter pilots. :)

Punkey speaketh the truth. Also, see post.

While I'm at it, I've found what I believe to be my new character portrait, summarizing Angel's response to...just about everything:

33718133.jpg[/img]
CrazyIvan 2009-09-04 07:27:52
XP expenditures:

Spending 10 to move "Ghost" up to d10. Stealth suits are for chumps.

Spending 10 to move "Wits" up to d10. It appears that when all else fails, favoring the ambush and being a sneaky little bastard have served Angel well.

Spending 6, and 14 from the bank, to move Shoot up to d20. Liberating worlds through the application of firepower.

This leaves me with 4 - just enough to tack a specialization onto Tech. Notably, Explosives - Fragmentation.

Basically, continuing the theme of Angel putting his faith in fieldcraft, human tenacity, and good old Yankee Know-How.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2009-09-04 14:05:14
Heh... um, your Shoot doesn't go any higher. The stats max out at d12 because I didn't like the spread from d12 to d20. :) You could use 10 from the bank to raise Steady Shot to a d10, that would help, and then you'd have 14 left, which as you say could buy a Demolitions specialization under Tech for 4, raise that trait to a d6 with 6, and leave you with 4XP left over in the bank. You could buy a second Tech specialization before you raise it, or buy a new d4 Aspect if you were inclined.
CrazyIvan 2009-09-04 14:59:02
admiralducksauce wrote:

Heh... um, your Shoot doesn't go any higher. The stats max out at d12 because I didn't like the spread from d12 to d20. :) You could use 10 from the bank to raise Steady Shot to a d10, that would help, and then you'd have 14 left, which as you say could buy a Demolitions specialization under Tech for 4, raise that trait to a d6 with 6, and leave you with 4XP left over in the bank. You could buy a second Tech specialization before you raise it, or buy a new d4 Aspect if you were inclined.

Meanie. I'll rework it once I get home today. My next plan was to get shoot to d100.
Gatac 2009-09-04 15:27:40
To be fair, if anyone deserves a d20 in shooting, it would be Angel.