OOC: Shaken, Not Stirred IV - Yet another original title.

Dieter 2002-08-09 18:48:17
But you can suppressive fire at people in vehicles (HINT, HINT)... :)

I'm sorry, I just love that tactic when your group has the enemy outnumbered.

Even if she fights through the additional -4, that means that's one less bullet that's hitting home if she's firing full-auto.
Dieter 2002-08-09 22:50:46
Ok, here's the score.

-The Rover will be facing some SERIOUS handling issues next round.

-HMG's are nasty...especially when used at full-auto

-The Volga's engine blew a cylinder, making its effective top speed now only 80MPH. Every time you "redline" from now on, you'll blow another cylinder, effectively loosing 10MPH each time.

We'll assume Gavin and Harry and doing suppressive fire, but what is Jess doing?
Gatac 2002-08-09 22:58:43
Spending the rest of my magazine trying to hit the bitch.

Gatac
Dieter 2002-08-09 23:25:56
Additionally, everyone shooting at the SUV is now at -4 to all attack rolls due to the high speed.

FYI...that's a -2 penalty for every 50MPH.
Dieter 2002-08-10 00:02:24
Heh... I found something Goose is good at. :)

There's a maneuver, I'm not sure... it's a finisher, either Box in, or Crowd, or Cutoff? The one where you don't force a collision but stop the prey. I'll Box them in towards the warehouse.

keep Hanna suppressed, for the love of God... :) It only takes one person, so the rest of you concentrate on doing damage to the SUV.
Dieter 2002-08-10 05:01:06
If more than one uses suppressive fire, the target gets an additional -1 for every extra person.

(Edited by Dieter at 10:02 pm on Aug. 9, 2002)
Dieter 2002-08-10 06:28:26
Hmm...where to start.

Artis' manuever proved to be good, but ultimately bad for the team.

Hanna rolled a critical (tires) on the Volga, while doing a 15-round burst. The sum total of the damage was 72WP that went straight through the tires and most of the Volga. It now stands at:

31WP
-11 Handling (-7 for damage, -4 for two blown tires)

The car's handling problems then caused the crash in which Artis failing horribly (getting a 15 total, but needing a 22). That led to a total of 13 damage (everyone made their REF checks, 'cept Jess) to all occupants. Ironically, Artis made his evasion check, so he's fine. ;)

Everyone's VP stand this way:

Harry: 8WP
Jess: 3VP, full WP
Artis: 25VP, full WP
Gavin: 0VP, full WP

The Volga is drivable, but pretty much no longer useful. You're probably better off taking the bus back into town.

However, that's a new round. It will take a full turn to get up and back to the Volga.
Gatac 2002-08-10 13:19:42
This fight sounds finished. Or, put more bluntly, we sound finished.

Gatac
threadbare 2002-08-10 22:13:53
let the ruskies catch them. We're fine to sit here like at the end of Beverly Hills Cop 3.
threadbare 2002-08-11 00:09:32
Must. Kill. Deckers.

Unfortunately, the Deckers are probably thinking, "Must. Kill. Agents." Congratulations, folks, we just picked ourselves up a pair of nemesi. (See Dieter's sig.) I hope it doesn't end up being like Wataru's 'Enemy' disadvantage in Heroes?, because unlike ninja mooks, the Deckers look to be perfectly capable of bending us over the table and giving us the what-for.
Gatac 2002-08-11 00:45:37
I dunno, we seemed to have given them quite a beating. Granted, we also took one...

Gatac
threadbare 2002-08-11 07:54:43
Well, I'm just glad I'm not a test case for human electrical conductivity.

Damn. And we were just a few die rolls away from capturing two bona fide baddies.

I'm guessing these guys will show up from time to time while we're in the middle of other business.
Dieter 2002-08-11 17:39:50
Hanna scored two very timely criticals. One was the hosing of the Volga and the other was the hit on the Russian helicopter.

They will no doubt be back in some capacity, but not for a while.
Gatac 2002-08-11 17:45:09
I interpret this as "We need shotguns in our private gear".

Gatac
Dieter 2002-08-12 15:23:55
Thanks. ;)

The inspiration for Hanna came from an old Star Wars campaign where Hanna was the lead antagonist. I modeled her after Xenia Onatopp from the Bond movie Goldeneye...which tells you how old the character is.

Michael Decker...believe it or not, is largely based off a guy ADS and myself personally know. He's not quite as psychotic, but the U.S. Marine Corp mentality is pretty dead on AFAIC. He played a "Gunny" Mason in a TEG game and eventually married the "Hanna" character. I thought the two would make a great pair of NPCs and I'm glad everyone has liked them.
Dieter 2002-08-12 20:19:37
"liked" perhaps isn't the right word. "Given a dose of healthy respect" might be more accurate. :)

I'd still rather fight them than Boris any day. The Deckers you can at least talk to. Boris is like (to quote my brother), "My ledger is misplaced? ... DIE!!!"