The Check Is In The Mail - episode 2

Gatac 2004-02-23 22:12:07
Erit focusses his mental power on the soldiers.

Shit! Wasn't it the docking bay over there? Fuck, we've got the wrong bay! We need to secure THAT one at once!
Dieter 2004-02-23 22:28:19
Not taking any chances and given the fact that there's more security on the way, Wayde turns away as if to comply. In doing so, he unclips the the buckle on his blaster, setting it to "Stun". He gives the remainder of the group a similar glance at their own sidearms.

These guys are just doing their job. It's the least I can do.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-02-23 22:31:51
Even though Erit's mental prodding causes the comlink-holder to look around like he's lost for a second, the fact that he's standing in the doorway to a mangled docking bay with two smoking, charred corpses within plain sight is enough to bring him back to reality.

*Repeat that last order, over.*

"I.. um... yeah, we need a medical team down at docking bay A23, and send two more security teams. Over."
Dieter 2004-02-23 22:50:20
Fuck. I'll have to teach a class on proper disposal of dead bodies. Time to follow Imperial protocol, shoot the one doing the talking...

Wayde nonchalantly walks towards (if he can) the docking bay door switch, waiting for the "lead" guard to finish on his comm-link. He then abruptly hits the bay door's "close" button, proceeding to shoot at the head guard and hoping very much that his comrades will follow suit.
fanchergw 2004-02-23 23:12:10
Jileeza sits back in the gunnery chair and looks over at their mysterious visitor. "We'll just wait for the boys to show up and then we'll be on our way.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-02-24 01:25:19
The young woman relaxes a little bit, now that death by blaster fire isn't in her immediate future. "Hey, thanks for the help."

---

"Sir, I said- look out, he's got a -" That's all the Sullustan holding Wayde back gets off before Wayde hits the docking bay hatch controls with one hand, while pulling his blaster and putting a bolt into the guard on the comlink with the other. The stunned comlink-guard slumps into the doorway, the communicator slipping onto the deck. By the way, the door doesn't close - apparently autoblasters don't play well with door controls.

The Sullustan next to Wayde freaks, clawing for Wayde's blaster. Stryker pushes the alien off him as the third guard, this one a human, quick-draws and fires at Wayde. - the blaster bolt puts yet another charred crater in the doorway.
Dieter 2004-02-24 02:26:29
Well...shit.

Wayde sees that the docking bay door isn't closing, so he goes to Plan B...Neutralize the guards. He shoots a steady stream of blaster fire as he strafes towards the Chance.

Hopefully Jileeza will get the idea to prep the ship for an immediate take-off.
CrazyIvan 2004-02-24 02:36:04
Arnae flips his own blaster over to stun and charges into the firefight, screaming at the top of his lungs.
CrazyIvan 2004-02-24 04:24:32
Aurelia on the other hand decides that this is really, really going to get her killed. Figuring an autoblaster probably rendered the door irreperable, she makes for the Chance, staying well out of the way of a certain Rodian's blaze of "plasma death".
fanchergw 2004-02-24 04:40:54
She eyes the young Twi-lek coolly. "No decisions about your fate have been made yet. I'll leave that up to the captain. We'll see whether he's swayed by your sob story or not."

Seeing Wayde lead a charge into the docking bay, Jileeza calls into the intercomm. "You got some more target's for me, handsome?"
CuteMotherFucker 2004-02-24 06:45:24
Mak doesn't even bothers to draw out a blaster, he simply crouches and begins a low, determined silent charge at the least occupied guard.
punkey 2004-02-24 07:54:55
Reyes follows Mak into close combat range, figuring that he's gonna need someone to watch his back if he's gonna go mano-y-mano with some Imperial thugs.
Dieter 2004-02-24 14:40:36
Quote:

Quote: from fanchergw on 10:40 pm on Feb. 23, 2004

Seeing Wayde lead a charge into the docking bay, Jileeza calls into the intercomm. "You got some more target's for me, handsome?"

Wayde flips out his comm-link in mid-blaster fire.

"Uh, yeah. As soon as all of us are inside the docking bay, I want you to blow the shit out of what left's of the bay doors. If you don't manage to cave-in the entire bay, it should keep anyone else from joining the party..."
fanchergw 2004-02-24 16:33:33
"Okay, boss," Jileeza replies, laughing. "Should be fun." She begins the power up the cannons once again as she evaluates the walls and ceiling for structural points that could collapse the entrance.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-02-24 16:48:48
The third security guard draws down again on Wayde just as -oomph- Mak barrels into the hapless human, knocking him over, then sending him into unconsciousness with a one-two punch. Wayde's dance partner manages to grab his shootin' arm, pointing Wayde's gun up towards the ceiling.

The three guards that Erit tricked down the hallway are running back, drawn by the blaster fire. They don't see Reyes as a threat, which is why the first guy he spin-kicks goes out like a light. The remaining two are aware enough to block Reyes' follow up strikes, and one even manages to come close to hitting him back before Arnae blasts him into la-la-land.

The corridor has mostly emptied of bystanders now, leaving Wayde, his opponent, Mak straddling an unconscious guard, a stunned Sullustan, and Reyes, Arnae, and their new friend. Aurelia and Erit push past the battle and make for the Chance's ramp.
Dieter 2004-02-24 16:58:09
Craptacular. I've got no time for a fair fight.

"Sorry, pal. Gotta go!"

Wayde knees his dance partner in the groin, going for temporary incapacitation rather than immasculation.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-02-25 16:02:52
Wayde slams a knee into the Sullustan's groin, eliciting a pained moan from the poor guard as he bends over, then falls forward. As Reyes squares off with the last guard, Arnae sees the guy Wayde struck, although in pain, taking aim at the retreating ex-Imperial's back. He spins and fires, the Sullustan falls asleep.

Reyes, meanwhile, kicks the blaster out of his target's hand, hops to that foot while spinning around and planting the other foot in the guy's chest. He's thrown against the corridor wall, where Reyes meets him again with an open palm to the face, a spinning backfist, and a right cross that sends the battered guard to the deck.

'Za sees (finally!) her compatriots hot-footing it into the Chance. Aurelia's already got the ship warming up, and to discourage pursuit, she and Jileeza blast the doorway, bringing down half-melted deck plating, twisted steel beams, and shattered rock.
Gatac 2004-02-25 16:06:41
Erit hurries into the ship, bypassing the fallen Sullustans.

Perhaps I really should look for a different line of work.
Dieter 2004-02-25 16:22:25
Wayde get to ship's entrance taking some cover and laying down additional suppressive fire as the rest of his crewmates get on board.
fanchergw 2004-02-25 18:01:11
Jileeza watches as her compatriots make their way into the docking bay. She can hear Aurelia starting up the ship for a fast getaway. Once the last shipmate gets clear, she's all too happy to light up the entryway with the autocannon. "Whee! Don't you just love fireworks?" she asks the Twi'lek woman.

(Edited by fanchergw at 12:28 pm on Feb. 25, 2004)