The Check Is In The Mail - episode 2

punkey 2004-03-04 08:35:44
"Listen, sister, as far as I know, you're just a really complex droid that's gonna go thermonuclear on us any second now," Reyes says. "I'm just being cautious, that's all. I can take apart all your tools and scan them later."
Dieter 2004-03-04 15:43:57
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 1:09 am on Mar. 4, 2004

Ta sits mostly silent throughout the entire proceedings with a look of astounded annoyance, interrupting a search here and there with "Find the decoder ring yet?" or "Who do you think I am, anyway?"

Wayde's had about enough of the Twi'lek's flippant attitude, giving her a slight backhand for her remarks towards his crewmates.

"This kind of behavior is unbecoming of someone who currently should be damn grateful she's still breathing. We don't know who you are and the fact that you're about this close from being spaced should keep future comments to a minimum. This search is not for your safety, it's for ours..."
CrazyIvan 2004-03-04 15:51:30
Once Reyes has satisfied his curiousity and left, Aurelia sits down near the Twi'lek, sighing softly.

"Don't mind them, they're just a little paranoid...it's been a long week. You doing okay, besides well, the obvious?"

Aurelia pauses for a moment, not really waiting for an answer. "We haven't been introduced, what with all the threats to space you. My name's Aurelia, I'm the mechanic that - rumor has it - keeps this bucket of bolts running, although my fondness for overcharging blasters may ruin my sparkling record. How 'bout you? Looks like your an apprentice maybe, or were workin' for the family business?"

*channeling the good cop and Kaylee vibes all at once*
fanchergw 2004-03-04 16:48:57
Wayde's comment draws a chuckle from the Rodian female. "Actually, I carry a micro-shower kit with me everywhere I go. A girl in my position can't afford to not be fresh and clean."

Since most of the excitement seems to be over, or at least the likelihood of getting to space the Twi'lek is mostly gone, 'Za retreats to her post at the autocannon. Might as well settle in for a long ride. If they need her to play 'bad smuggler' to Aurelia's 'good smuggler', they can let her know.
Gatac 2004-03-07 01:15:20
Erit walks in on the conversation, merely resting his back against a wall and his arms folded in front of his chest. His head moves slightly, tracking Ta, as he concentrates on reading her.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-03-08 15:09:40
Ta glares at 'Za's back as she leaves, then answers Aurelia. "Both, really, for my dad. They're not gonna really space me, are they? I haven't done anything! I was just runni-"

The Twi'lek stops suddenly when she sees Erit enter the room. It might take a long, involved process to break into someone's memories, but surface thoughts are pretty easy to grab, and all Erit gets from Ta is hate.
Gatac 2004-03-08 15:11:59
Erit shivers as he touches the girl's mind; the wave of hate washes over him like icy water, and he takes a moment to collect his mental strength.

"Have I...offended you?"
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-03-08 15:26:50
Ta spits at the Ithorian, her attempt landing on the deck a few feet from Erit. "Just keep away from me."
Dieter 2004-03-08 15:32:46
Wayde can't help but crack a grin at the Twi-lek's lack of respect towards the light-hearted Ithorian.

"Spitting at an Ithorian Jedi. That's a first in my book. Your stock just went up a few points, kiddo."
Gatac 2004-03-08 15:49:37
Erit looks at the spit, then the girl, and finally at Wade.

"I must be getting forgetful, Mr. Stryker. Please remind me at which time I asked for your opinion."

Meanwhile, he concentrates on sending a message to Ta.

I apologise if you feel that I am intruding. However, keep in mind that you came to us. We have no reason to trust you, and I am the closest thing to a lie detector aboard. It would appear that this makes me your best option.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-03-08 15:51:31
"He's a ... a Jedi?" Erit feels the hate mix with fear, and Wayde and Aurelia see the apprehension as well. "You ever read their minds when they're asleep? You like to watch people, look at their lives 'cause you haven't got one?"
Dieter 2004-03-08 15:58:06
Wayde's grin turns into an outright chuckle, sharing the open sentiment the Twi'lek feels towards Jedi.

"Yeah, don't hold it against him...we try not to. Just be upfront with us and we might just be able to help eachother."
Gatac 2004-03-08 16:08:51
Erit shoots the girl another glance, then speaks up - verbose, since the telepathy part seems to freak her out.

"I am but a simple monk. And touching another being's mind requires far more concentration than you seem to believe. As for your second question, the mind withdraws into it's own protective shell when asleep; reading the thoughts of a sleeping person, except for their most random surface patterns, would require a mental effort that would likely wake them up at once. And lastly, I do not crave worldly things, nor do I crave a life centered on them. It is a decision I made long ago, and one I have upheld ever since."

He stares her down.

"Besides, what do you know of the Jedi? They are few and far between, and many have been consumed by their own insecurity and anxiety, ending up forgotten in the far reaches of the outer rim. The Jedi are dead, undone, and will be for some time before they rise again from the darkness and cast off the shadowy hides which conceal them from an universe that does not realise it needs them."
fanchergw 2004-03-08 16:31:21
Up in the autocannon turret, Jileeza observes the exchange on the monitors. An amused chuckle escapes her lips, before she returns to polishing and filing her nails.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-03-08 16:36:04
"If you don't crave worldly stuff, how come you're with these guys? They don't seem very... charitable. No offense," she smirks at Wayde, but in a slightly less hateful way.
Gatac 2004-03-08 16:37:58
Erit relaxes somewhat.

"They provide me with material for my studies. Both through their travels, and their very existence."
Dieter 2004-03-08 16:47:42
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 10:37 am on Mar. 8, 2004
Erit relaxes somewhat.

"They provide me with material for my studies. Both through their travels, and their very existence."

"...not to mention our winning personalities and our rugged good looks."

Wayde pulls out his vibroshiv moving towards Ta.

"Now, if you promise to be good, we'll let you roam the ship...otherwise the business end of this won't be cutting you free."