Red Dawn

Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-06-14 07:41:52
Eeta tears into the ration pack with as much gusto as he can muster.

"Not that you need my advice, but I'd hightail it to your favorite Outer Rim system of choice until the space dust- what was that!?"

The Dragon lurches out of hyperspace, everyone reeling from the cutoff. Red emergency lights spin out of wall recesses, painting the interior with a shifting hellish glow.

Up on the bridge, the sensors show an unsettling picture. The Dragon's in the Mygeeto system, but it's too far out compared to the plotted astrogation. Then the reason appears - an Interdictor cruiser looms into view, its daggerlike shape marred by bulbous gravity generators. Moff Dorn has called in some favors, it seems.

*This is the Imperial Cruiser Pacifier. Cut your engines, state your business, and prepare to be scanned.*

The sensor array is picking up a clearer picture now. The Pacifier sits well away from Mygeeto. Local traffic is sparse and is mostly comprised of short-range TIEs flitting from ship to ship. A Star Destroyer sits in high orbit over Mygeeto, ever vigilant.

You can't say you're Rebels. Admitting you work for Naga the Hutt is likely just as bad. And the Empire isn't the most tolerant when it comes to pirates, Hapian or otherwise...
Gatac 2006-06-14 07:47:01
Mandall looks at the prison box.

"We can't run away and we can't outfight them. Freelance trader excuses and bribes should work, but these boxes will have to go."

He knocks onto the box.

"So the question is, will go you with them? Or can we trust you?"
e of pi 2006-06-14 19:28:18
Ty sighs. "At this point, I think we're all hoping that. I say we tell them we were hired after the original hauler crew backed out, through a middleman, and no questions asked. All the loading was done by droids, and we don't have any idea what's in the crates. It's less suspicious then trying to dump them now. If anybody asks about his injuries," he indicates Eeta, "or the fighters, lie like a rug. Let's see if we can't talk our way out of this."
e of pi 2006-06-14 20:56:43
"Well, you know how Plan A always works...remember just after the Prince hired you, on Malastare? I'd bet you'll get some kills today."
Gatac 2006-06-14 21:12:15
Mandall's eyes nearly glaze over as he stares into the distance.

"That...was a good day."
e of pi 2006-06-14 21:48:03
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Keep an eye on Eeta, will you? I'm headed up to the cockpit." Ty walks out.
fanchergw 2006-06-15 01:15:56
Something about this conversation confuses Calsera. However, what is clear is that there is an Imperial cruiser outside. She doesn't really need to know anything else.

"I'll be ready," Cat says. Exiting the room, she heads toward the fighter bay and climbs into the cockpit of her chosen baby.

"Let them come," she says to herself. "Today is a good day to die."
CrazyIvan 2006-06-15 08:42:51
Aurelia frowns as the ship is torn out of hyperspace. Not good...not good at all.

"Boss, where do you want me?"
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-06-18 15:33:19
The Pacifier's sensors crew begin their remote sweep of the Dragon while Mandall and Calsera sit anxiously in their cockpits, ready to power up and drop into space if the Imperials don't like what they see.

*Freighter Dragon, what is your cargo and destination?*
a1776 2006-06-21 18:52:46
Shas triggers the comm:"This is the Dragon. Our destination is Mygeeto and as for our cargo, well, there's quite a story there.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-06-21 19:36:55
*We have time,* comes the Interdictor's response. *You, however, do not. Transmit your cargo manifest or you will be boarded.*
Gatac 2006-06-21 20:02:40
Sitting in his snubfighter ready for launch, there's the first trace of a drop of sweat on Mandall's brow as he listens to the comms.

What the frak are you waiting for? Send the manifest!
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-06-22 17:55:31
Green energy flares across the Dragon's viewscreens as the Pacifier fires a turbolaser battery across the bow. It's a warning shot, but the deflector shields flicker even from the near miss.

*Freighter Dragon, you have ten seconds to comply. Submit your cargo manifest.*
e of pi 2006-06-22 19:23:27
Slightly spooked by the less-than-subtle display of firepower, Ty calls up the "manifest" that was given to them by Naga's loading crew, then hits a few controls to send it to the Inderdictor. He turns to Shas, aware of the open channel. "Boss, it's no good, they have us outgunned by a larger margin than I'd rather think about. I'm sending them what they want. I know we'll have to pay the tariffs, but you can take it out of my pay. Better alive and poor than dead and rich."
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-06-22 19:54:33
Ty punches the manifest through to the Pacifier, and for two agonizing minutes the two ships hang motionless in the void.

*You are cleared to proceed, Dragon. Enjoy your stay on Mygeeto.*

Trousers are changed, engines are brought online, and the bulk freighter carries its deadly cargo into Mygeeto's orbit. Rebuilt extensively following the Clone Wars, Mygeeto nevertheless still boasts a labrynthine underbelly of urban wreckage. Imperial architecture thrusts from the gray surface, while icy drifts blow through plascrete rubble out in the sprawls. Here and there, an AT-ST picks its way through the slums.

The drop coordinates are in one of these sprawls, a great flat-roofed ruin that crumbles on the north side down into a maze of pillars and crossbeams that support nothing. As Ty pilots the Dragon closer, a blue flare and stream of azure smoke announces the presence of a dozen figures on the flattop. From this distance, they could be mistaken for Sand People, bundled up against the wind and cold as they are.
fanchergw 2006-06-22 22:49:34
Calsera breathes a sigh of relief as the Pacifier passes them through. For a moment, she considers climbing out of her fighter, then reconsiders.

They descend toward the designated rendevous spot and Calsera watches on her monitor screen. There are clearly people waiting for them, and a signal flare is sent up to mark the spot.

"Captain? Do you want Mandall and I to fly cover so as to discourage hijinks?"
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-06-28 21:39:31
Cat and Mandall launch, their respective fighters dropping out of the Dragon's underbelly and into the suddenly buffetting Mygeeto winds.

Shas and Ty take the Dragon down to the deck, touching down with a gentle rumble. The partially-ruined remains of whatever they landed on appear to be up to the task of supporting an Action IV bulk freighter.

Jorm and Aurelia wind their way back to the cargo hold in order to expedite cargo unloading if things go well. MDK-911 sits in the Action IV's turret controls in case things don't go well. The droid brains Ty installed pipe up as the Dragon lands.

"Unit MDK-911, my weapons systems are at your disposal. We detect twelve meatbags armed with nineteen separate blaster weapons between them. We recommend reducing their numbers by 75% with pinpoint laser fire, then interrogating any survivors for information."

As the freighter's ramp opens, two of the cloaked figures step forward to meet you. Both are human, one of each gender, with tan skin turned pink from windburn. They wear heavy clothes to ward off the cold and tote Imperial-issue blaster rifles. Behind them, their comrades sit, hunch, or stand around the blue flare. They have three large crates with them.

"I'm Lee Ikor, this is Landa. I wasn't expecting Hapians." The male shouts over the wind. "You made it through the blockade?"
Gatac 2006-06-28 21:43:48
Sailing high over the meeting place to provide aerial superiority and - should that be required - close air support, Mandall keys the Comms to Calsera to stave off the boredom.

"Now I realize that may be my paranoia talking, but I'm getting this feeling that we're gonna regret not peppering the ground with proton torpedoes fairly soon..."