Shinobi - OOC

Admiral Duck Sauce 2011-08-04 18:47:33
Mister Andersen wrote:

Why does it suddenly feel like we're in the middle of an episode of Afro Samurai

That's just how awesome Holger is.
Gatac 2011-08-31 19:25:10
Yes, after almost a month, it lives! IT LIVES! MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
punkey 2011-08-31 20:03:29
*makes disquieted noises at Van Synt*

It doesn't make much sense to put Holger and, well, most of his men through the meat grinder. Mike, would Takao be interested in keeping an eye on Van Synt?
MikeS 2011-08-31 22:38:39
He would, but he is horrible at following people. He'd get noticed. Unless that is what we want, of course.
MikeS 2011-08-31 22:43:31
Shoulda probably read the in-game thread before I replied.

Sure, Takao will go along with Holger. Gives us a person on that side of the deal.
punkey 2011-09-01 01:50:07
Not Holger, his boss, Van Synt. He's sending almost every one of the city guard, including his second-in-command, to this big gunfight that there's a decent chance most of them won't survive, and Kasumi is suspicious of his motives. Does Takao feel up to looking after him? We do have other options, we've got enough people around the inn that Nagani could tag out with someone else and go watch Van Synt, but she could also guard Sadatsugu with Toshiro.

Ooh. Or Takao helps Toshiro look after Sadatsugu, Nagani keeps an eye on Van Synt. Thoughts?
MikeS 2011-09-01 04:56:00
Ah, I'm a bit slow catching on today. Shouldn't do this at work.

So you think Van Synt might be sending his men intentionally into an ambush? Who would benefit from removing a large portion of the guard? Could it be that they know what they are getting into, and in fact are counting on the fact that Adler's kids are armed to justify the use of excessive force against them? Or is someone else maybe playing us, counting on us threatening Adler so that he holes up in his stronghold?
punkey 2011-09-01 04:59:14
Or it's that Van Synt is involved somehow, and throwing his men's lives away to get Adler or something else. At any rate, this doesn't pass my sniff test, and having someone keeping an eye on Van Synt seems like a good idea. Also, Toshi and Sadatsugu are all on their own, and having someone with a big sword looking out for them also seems like a smart thing to do.
MikeS 2011-09-01 05:34:59
In how much danger do you think Toshi and Sadatsugu are? 'Cause having the big sword look out for them means it doesn't get swung in the big fight that's brewing, and to me it seems like all eyes are focused on that one right now. Wouldn't Takao be better off there?
Where is Van Synt, anyway? Is he with his men?
Gatac 2011-09-01 06:27:06
You're not a 100% sure where he is *right now*, but the guard headquarters would be a starting place.
punkey 2011-09-01 06:54:03
And given the way things are going so far, not to mention our suspicions and the fact that Sadatsugu has been here and sick for a long time? I don't think your sword will go to waste guarding Toshi and Sadatsugu.
MikeS 2011-09-01 06:57:25
I think one of us should stay with Holger, and maybe one of us should go and find Van Synt. I don't think the presence of the ones watching them needs to be covert, but we should be aware that either of them might have reason to attack whoever is watching them, either to remove a witness or a hindrance, so it should be someone who can defend himself. And of course someone should warn the others, so maybe we need Nagani anyway. Can Toshi and Sadatsugu be left alone for a while?
punkey 2011-09-01 07:07:12
Well, I think that Holger can be watched over by one of the people at the inn already, either Kagemaru or Toshiba. One watches the back for Adler, the other watches the front and Holger? Yukio might be convinced to watch Holger, too, but having her at Kasumi's back might be better (or the only option Yukio will accept).

Really, I think that Holger might be a bit of a brute, but he's not a bad guy. Toshi and Sadatsugu are *really* exposed, and are super-important to keep alive. Leaving watching Holger to the guy checking the front of the inn to give those two some real protection, considering that neither one are able to deal with a serious threat.
MikeS 2011-09-01 16:12:17
Alright, Takao will go watch the two. Will modify the in-game thread.
Gatac 2011-09-06 06:40:22
Okay, I'm keeping Takao in thread 18 for now, everyone else will go into thread 19.
MikeS 2011-09-09 18:50:32
Just to make sure I don't stumble into some misunderstanding:

the "CLICK" could have been a door or something, rather than, say, the hammer on a gonne? I'm just trying to visualize the average Japanese abode with its sliding doors and windows, and I guess the doors might click, but I'd assume that's a slightly deeper sound, rather than the metallic clicking of a lock or the like.
Gatac 2011-09-09 19:16:40
Well, strictly speaking, it would be the matchlock of a gonne. :) Also, Kargbeck is medieval European in style, so there's plenty of metal locks and hinges that could click.
punkey 2011-09-10 10:23:35
Okay, here's my idea. Kasumi casts herself as another individual being backstabbed by Olafsen and the Blue Oni. Olafsen promised the Blue Oni control of Kargbeck's criminal underworld and more, if he eliminates Adler and Kasumi, and mops up the mess that the ninja failed to handle. Then, we leverage that to find out what's really going on. Thoughts?
Mister Andersen 2011-09-10 12:41:00
Is it believable that an Imperial citizen could take control of the 'underworld' of an alien colony?