Paybacks - Chapter 12: Grand Theft Dicketry/Letters Home

Gatac 2005-08-19 21:19:00
Jess takes the burst with a certain amount of stiff upper lip, then attemps to take the hovercraft again.

"We're here, but kinda busy..."
Gatac 2005-08-19 21:27:09
"Good luck then, I guess..."

Artis starts cranking the radio frequencies, trying to find one that might get picked up by Sam or whoever is chasing him.

Barring that, there's always plan B.
Dieter 2005-08-31 15:35:06
Utter chaos breaks out on the riverway as the Team makes a last-ditch effort.

Carla goes for the hovercraft's skirt, slashing wildly and tearing a gaping hole in the fabric but loses her blade in the process. The vehicle slowly sinks to the ground as pilot draws his sidearm and shoots Carla in the chest.

Ayumi climbs aboard her designated craft, putting two in the driver's back and indirectly knocking him off the controls. He retracts in pain but looks to be still in fighting shape.

Jess finally gets on her hovercraft, moving up to the pilot and sucker punching him in the back of the head. Slighty dazed, he spins around and returns the welcome with a swift kick to her ribcage.

Exiting the clearing, Brian removes his burning jacket and heads for the river. It's at this point where the helicopter's doorgunner manages to unjam his machinegun and procedes to cut a path directly towards Brian, mowing the Brit down in the process.

----

Meanwhile, Artis scans radio frequencies, hoping for a break. No such luck, but it really doesn't matter as he sees a roadblock ahead with the pursuing Sam & Co. hot on his tail. If there's any good fortune to be had, no one appears to be making any attempt at shooting at him.
Dieter 2005-09-01 21:41:14
Artis edges up to the roadblock, pushing rather than ramming his way through. The gunmen around him keep their weapons fixed on his window. It's a labored effort, but he's making headway. All they can do is watch as Artis pushes his way out.

Samantha and Co. arrrive seconds later, shocked to see what is happening.

Don't just sit there! Shoot out his fucking tires! screams Sam over her radio.

Artis sees everyone get out of their vehicles and begin shooting, blowing out both driver's side tires as he finally makes an opening.
Dieter 2005-09-01 21:57:58
Meanwhile...

The gunfight evolves into an all-out melee as the boarding actions escalate.

Carla gathers herself, climbing aboard the downed hovercraft but receives a grievous gunshot wound to her leg for her trouble. The pain is indescribable, but seems to through-and-through. A single tear comes down her face as she tries to work through the injury.

Ayumi empties her pistol into her opponent with most of the bullets spattering off the vehicle's control panel, catching the pilot in the arm. He winces in pain and returns fire, winging Ayumi in the leg.

Jess grabs her foe's hand, twisting it at a violent angle and forcing him into a submission hold.

Bleeding profusely on the riverway, Brian musters enough grit to get himself on his back and aims up towards the helicopter.

"You bloody son of a..."

*rifle crack*

Brian's bullet rips through the chopper's deck plating and into the doorgunner's....err...um...let's just say into the doorgunner. The soldier slumps over the HMG and falls to his ultimate death, his mangled corpse landing nearby.

(Edited by Dieter at 11:38 pm on Sep. 1, 2005)
Dieter 2005-09-01 22:29:26
Artis looks back at the slow-motion mayhem he caused, then shouts at the sea bag "You still alive, Kate?! Talk to me, mumble or something, girl, don't wuss out this early!"

He keeps the gas pedal floored and prepares to lead Mommy on the ride of her life (and hopefully death).

(Lure maneuver)
Dieter 2005-09-09 17:53:53
Jess' foe resists the chokehold, burying his elbow into her ribs. It's not too painful, but the sudden attack knocks Jess off-guard and the soldier slinks out of the hold. Face to face, Jess grabs the soldier's hand and jerks him toward her but he counters by grasping her arm and countering with a sharp blow across her forearm.

The melee persists with a brutal exchange of kicks, chops, and bootheesl to eachother's arms, legs, and ribcage. It's punctuated by a deftly manuevered grapple by Jess, snapping the man's wrist in the process. He winces in great pain but retaliates with an outstanding flurry of attacks, dancing up and down her body. She falls to the ground reeling in pain.

Seeing the opportunity to finish the fight; the soldier slyly walks over to bruised and bloodied Jess, himself on his last bit of adrenaline.

*spits blood*

"Are we done here...or do we have to kill eachother?"

Through her blurred vision of massive bloodloss and trauma, Jess really has to evaluate that question. The soldier's given as good as he's gotten, perhaps moreso than herself.

Panning across the frozen river

Carla moves in with a series of quick feigns, kicks, and punches at her opponent. The two quickly find themselves wrestling for their lives on the floor of the downed hovercraft.

She grabs the soldier's arm, twisting it violently while kneeing the guy in the solarplexus. The two find themselves at eachother's throats, Carla edging her advantage by pressing on the soldier's eyesockets. He screams in pain, resisting the only way possible by biting into her wrist. An artery is severed in her arm, spraying blood everywhere as Carla fends for her own life and finishes the man by driving both thumbs through the man's skull.

The soldiers dies in exscruciating pain as Carla retracts in her own misery, clutching on to her mangled wrist.

Ayumi moves in to melee, taking a nasty bullet wound to the arm as she closes the distance. She then proceeds to beat the man nearly senseless with the butt of her empty pistol, finally getting his gun away from him with a series of harsh attacks to his hand. The two scramble for the weapon as it skitters across the hovercraft platform, Ayumi coming out the victor as she dives and grabs the gun. The struggle for control begins as errant shots flying everywhere. Ayumi gets the upper hand, pointing the gun at the soldier, who is trying to keep the slide from cycling back with his free hand. The pistol's hammer dangles precariously as the stalement reaches an end as Ayumi judo chops the soldier as hammer the drops.

The soldier drops as the bullets goes through-through his chest, collapsing to the ground. Ayumi stays up long enough to revel in the victory, but falls to her knees in utter exhaustion.

(Edited by Dieter at 11:57 am on Sep. 9, 2005)
Gatac 2005-09-09 18:06:22
Jess has her own share of bloody saliva in her mouth, and exhaustion is slowly cancelling out the adrenaline.

"I know I had someone different in mind for a duel to the death..."
Dieter 2005-09-09 21:06:23
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 12:06 pm on Sep. 9, 2005
Jess has her own share of bloody saliva in her mouth, and exhaustion is slowly cancelling out the adrenaline.

"I know I had someone different in mind for a duel to the death..."

"You and your people have fought honorably."

(reaches up and keys his radio)

"I am willing to call off my men if you do the same for yours..."

The bargain is abruptly interrupted by a bullet going through the man's chest followed by one in the head. He slumps to ground, still clutching on to the radio.

"I -told- you. No bargains. No remorse." says Elena's voice over the radio.

Jess looks around and sees the huntress positioned atop her hovercraft...at least 300m away.

----

Artis motors through the roadblock, minus two tires and a buttload of structural integrity. Sam & Co. pursue with caution, not risking any potential harm to Katarina.

(in perfect boarding school English)

"My mother will not let you live. I hope you know that." quips Katarina.

"However...if you let me go, I might be able to spare you the suffering that you and your friends will not doubt have to endure."
Gatac 2005-09-09 21:33:19
Taking cover from Elena, Jess hunkers down and snaps the guy's radio.

"I just wanted you all to know that you don't have to die. The little bitch has now backstabbed all of us. I'm willing to be reasonable on this, so unless you all want to die...help me kill Elena, and we can all stop this bullshit and lick our wounds."
Gatac 2005-09-13 22:47:33
"If that's true Kate, then I'm dead either way. What's gonna stop me from wasting your skinny ass before I go down?"

Artis glances behind him and then peers ahead. How far was that goddamn boathouse?

(OOC: Can I tell if the truck's gonna survive the trip?)
Dieter 2005-09-14 15:48:02
Katarina sighs with the condescending tone that only a 10-year-old could deliver.

"Look, you are obviously new to concept of kidnapping and ransom. This is my third in two years, so I will give you some advice..."

Artis begins to see some landmarks that were near the boathouse, so he must be getting close. Sam & Co. are riding his bumper the whole way.

"First of all, you never bring the principle to the negotiation. Second of all, the kidnapper should have a fail-safe plan in case things do not work out. Thirdly..."

*thunk*

Katarina whacks Artis in the head with a wrench, temporarily dazing the wheelman and causing him to stray off the road. He slams on the brakes and fishtails to a stop, narrowly avoiding a clump of trees.

Still distracted by the clubbing and sudden stop, Artis hears the back door open as the girl exits the vehicle. She beats feet for Sam's SUV.
Dieter 2005-09-14 16:29:36
"Touché." Artis slams the truck into reverse and aims to make paste out of little Kate.

(If I can reach her before she gets in the car, just run her over. If she's going for a specific side, try to sideswipe that side and take her out in the process. If there's no way I can catch her before she makes it, fuck it, I'll run)
Dieter 2005-09-14 17:17:21
Stars in his head abating, Artis sees one of Sam's associates step out of their SUV and make a run for Katarina.

"Fuck it."

Artis throws the truck in reverse and turns the wheel sharply. The tailgate gets turned into confetti but the damage is nothing compared to being hit with a rusted piece of steel attached to a speeding truck.

*brr-rap*---*brr-rap*---*k-thunk*

The truck accelerates backwards revealing a huddled mass vaguely resembling two people who just got hit with a moving vehicle.

Unrepentant, Artis shifts into a forward gear and floors the truck. The driver's side window gets blown out with a shotgun blast, cutting Artis with broken glass and buckshot just as he runs the huddled mass over again. As a final insult to injury, the battered truck's brakes fail to stop this time, slamming Artis right into the aforementioned clump of trees.

Some time later...

Splayed across the steering wheel, Artis comes to. Through what's left of the rear-view mirror and his partially blinded vision, he can definitely see that he left a trail of blood on his last pass.
Dieter 2005-09-14 17:33:35
Through the hissing of the truck's radiator crapping itself Artis can hear a murmur of voices in the background.

-She's dead. She's fucking dead, Samantha!

-Leave her. Your sister is of no consequence to me. We need to get Katarina to a doctor, now!

-Fuck you and your little good-for-nothing spawn. I'm not leaving her.

-Fine. That's your choice. Your services are no longer required.

*ka-blam* *ka-blam*
Dieter 2005-09-14 18:29:30
Samantha slings her shotgun over a shoulder and bends down to pick up Katarina. While she's busy, Artis finds his rifle and crawls to the back of the truck.

By the time he gets into position, he's got one decent shot before Samantha could get behind cover. Katarina is carefully layed on the backseat and as Sam closes the door, Artis fires.

His first burst hits the window, spiderwebbing the armored glass. The next salvo catches Sam across the arm and shoulder, spinning her about as the door swings closed.

Frantically trying to scurry to the far side of the SUV, Artis lights her up as she rounds the corner. She's nearly cut down as the burst tears into her other arm and back, spraying a copious amount of blood across the side rear window.

Sam momentarily drops to a knee, mustering up enough strength to get behind cover of the SUV.

"That's half speed!!!" shrieks Artis from behind his smoking rifle.
Dieter 2005-09-22 16:28:39
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 3:33 pm on Sep. 9, 2005
Taking cover from Elena, Jess hunkers down and snaps the guy's radio.

"I just wanted you all to know that you don't have to die. The little bitch has now backstabbed all of us. I'm willing to be reasonable on this, so unless you all want to die...help me kill Elena, and we can all stop this bullshit and lick our wounds."

"No shit, really? I'm only in it for the money and I'm fairly certain we're not getting other half promised to us."

The Russian grabs the radio and switches channels.

"Comrades. We have a new target."

(Stands up and points towards Elena)

*thwip*

A lone bullet goes through the Russian's skull, exiting out the back with a mist of blood and grey matter attached to it. The Russian ragdolls to the hovercraft floor, showing a well-placed hole in his eyesocket.
Gatac 2005-09-22 16:57:54
Sonuva...well, more the bitch herself, really.

Jess stays hunkered down, but starts looking for long-range weaponry. Might have to give the little c*nt a taste of her own medicine.

(Edited by Dieter at 11:05 am on Sep. 22, 2005)
Dieter 2005-09-23 14:53:06
Searching for a usable firearm, Jess hears the Russian's radio crackle with a distressed voice coming over the receiver.

Foxforce One to....fuck it. No thanks to you sorry excuses for employees, -I- managed to get my daughter back. All remaining units report to the rendevous (cardoor opens in background) poin....

*punch*

*honk*

Stupid!

*honk*

Goddamn!

*honk*

Bitch!

Artis pushes the (now) unconscious Samantha into the passenger seat and hops behind the wheel.
Gatac 2005-09-23 16:53:19
Jess grabs the radio.

"If that was I think it was, you all are now officially out of an employer. My offer still stands, the efforts of your so-called-ally Elena notwithstanding."