The Setup

Community Lotion 2014-08-05 10:47:58
Dieter wrote:

Dave and Reagan. I chose a "2" under FAMILY. We're famiglia. How about a Prop Joe/Cheese "The Wire" situation? Uncle and Nephew.

edited by Admiral Duck Sauce on 2014-08-05 09:08:00

Since I have a crime relationship with Mike, it would be cool if I am secretly stealing from Dave, my uncle - maybe selling that stuff to or through Mike.
MikeS 2014-08-05 12:04:16
I'll add 5: Drugs to my relationship with Reagan. Gotta be crystal meth!

I'd like a work relationship with Robert, especially if he goes with the video store clerk idea. That's the distribution channel.
Community Lotion 2014-08-05 12:11:12
Hey Dave, what if you are a character like Ellstin Limehouse, and I am then your nephew/neice, or something like that?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-08-05 12:18:31
I'm taking Reagan's advice and adding our first Need: 4 - To Get Respect. Is it me who needs to get Dave to respect me? Vice versa? Do we both need to get respect from someone else, or the town in general? Who knows! DAVE YOU GO NOW.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-08-05 12:35:16
I would recommend we think preliminary thoughts about a second Need that will keep our 5 people stirred up and interacting, either a Need on the opposite side of the table (Mike/Reagan or Mike/Robert) or a Need that can directly interact with the "To Get Respect" that I already placed.
MikeS 2014-08-05 13:27:40
Counted 11 dice placed, so it must be my turn.

Adding another need: to get rich, between me and Reagan. I'm having trouble typing stuff in boxes again, but I don't know if that's just because there were several people editing the doc at once.
Gatac 2014-08-05 13:33:29
Codified the work relationship between Ed and Drew. Adam, you're up.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-08-05 14:00:23
I used a 2 on the Need to Get Respect between me and Dave: "From the town (by proving your convictions)."

Tammy Lee is not trash, goddammit!
Community Lotion 2014-08-05 14:13:54
Chose 2: ...through robbing a business to further define Mine and Mike's drug relationship. Is that robbing a dealer? Robbing the car dealership? We'll find out!
MikeS 2014-08-05 14:28:12
Choose 5: Need to know the truth... about your real parents. Is Donna really Rocco's niece? What has the family not been telling her?
Community Lotion 2014-08-05 15:07:03
We're all set!

Here's a quick recap of what happens next. Adam will toss all the die back into the pool and reroll them. We'll go 'around the table', starting with me, and each of us gets two scenes, one at a time. When it is your turn, please post in this thread if you choose to resolve or establish the scene.

If you choose to establish, you'll create the scene in the new IC thread Adam is setting up.
  • You'll establish the basic parameters of the scene, including who is involved*, and we'll RP it from there.
  • At some point in the back and forth updates, WE will choose one of the dice in the pool. If we choose a white die, we'll know to finish roleplaying the scene in a way that ends well for your character. If we choose a black die, we'll do the opposite. Once the scene is complete, you will then pass that die over to another player.

If you choose to resolve the scene, we'll brainstorm what we want the scene to be.
  • One of us will then create the IC posts, where we RP as normal.
  • At some point in the back and forth updates, YOU will choose one of the dice in the pool. If you choose a white die, you'll know to finish roleplaying the scene in a way that ends well for your character. If you choose a black die, you'll do the opposite. Once the scene is complete, you will then pass that die over to another player.

* We don't have to restrict the characters that appear to only those five we've created. If we feel that a police officer, drug dealer, or some other NPC needs to show up, one of us will volunteer to play that person. In fact, I've done games before where the primary protagonist ends up being NONE of the characters we set up. In addition, if we start the scene with, for example, two characters, and one of us decides it would be cool to bring in another on the fly, there's nothing at all wrong with doing that too.

edited by Admiral Duck Sauce on 2014-08-05 15:08:55
Community Lotion 2014-08-05 15:07:49
Before we get busy with the RP thread, however, I say we each type up a brief description of each of our characters.
Gatac 2014-08-05 15:20:01
the-video-store-clerk.png

Ed (Edgar or Edwin, nobody's sure) is the night shift clerk at Drew's Video Emporium. He's...well, he's a hard worker. And he's friendly. But let's face it, Ed's dumb. "Had to drop outta high school" dumb. "Lives with his momma in a trailer just outta town" dumb. But also "Would never sell out Drew" dumb, which is kind of important when your boss is propping up his bottom line with some drug dealing on the down low.

Now, Ed could be pretty happy, all things considered - if only he could get his hands on Tammy Lee. She's been turning his head since her cheerleading days, and although Ed's never found it in him to ask her out, he still chases after her like a lost puppy. Maybe if he could just...do...something. To impress her, and win her over, and make her see that he's been there for her all along. Something...something smart.

Oh boy.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-08-05 15:36:43
500px-MNiE_S4E05_7.jpg

Tammy Lee Plinkett is hot white trash (or is that white hot trash?). She was conceived in a 1970 Dodge Charger to the sweet tunes of Lynyrd Skynyrd and it was downhill from there. Tammy Lee was a big fish in a small pond up through high school. Tammy Lee was prom queen. Tammy Lee was cheerleading captain. Tammy Lee wore clothes that made all the boys embarrassed to get up and write on the blackboard in front of the class.

Then Tammy Lee graduated.*

Tammy Lee was a waitress at the Chicken Hut, where it didn't matter that she couldn't make a cup of coffee or remember people's orders. Then 3 years later, Rocco walked into the grimy diner. It was a match made in... well, not heaven, but for Opelika, AL, it'd have to do. Tammy Lee worked as Rocco's secretary for a few years. It was the best job she ever had, but apparently secretaries are supposed to make coffee sometimes and actually do paperwork and use the Excel and Jesus being a secretary was just so hard. When the inevitable split happened, Tammy Lee'd been out of the game too long. She barely got a job waitressing again at Chicken Hut, where she hears people whisper "trash" and "whore" after they order their chicken and sweet teas.

Then the worst thing happened. Tammy Lee had been getting her groove back when Rocco's niece, that bitch Donna, moved down to Opelika. The new hotness. Tammy was 27. Twenny-seven! She was gonna be old, ya'll! The old tramp, still working the Chicken Hut.

Not this time. Nuh-uh, not Tammy fucking Lee. She'll get respect from the whole damn town, and Rocco and Donna especially. Somehow.

Tammy Lee Plinkett is not trash.

*Barely.