OOC

Gatac 2015-02-07 01:55:19
I've added a page in the wiki for a short summary of where our tangled web of subplots stands right now, just to keep track of developments in multiple story strands. Make some noise if I forgot anything.
Gatac 2015-02-28 16:47:31
The Sparrow is essentially an Elisha Collier-type flintlock revolver with a primitive double-action trigger. Still a hell of an upgrade over muzzle-loading single-shot wheellock pistols, which is essentially what "conventional" Hanse handgonnes represent.
Gatac 2015-06-27 09:42:07
Yes, Kagemaru took a moment to loot from Ueki's stash, too - and he brought a couple of Eagles to share for those who want one. The Eagle is a few decades shy of a Roper repeating shotgun, using handmade laquered paper cartridges and the same overly complicated "reservoir of gunpowder in the grip is dumped in the pan by working the action" mechanism the Sparrow has, since we're still a fair few years away from cartridges with proper primers, but for all game purposes it functions like a four-shot repeating shotgun, just a quite unreliable and fragile example.
Gatac 2015-08-09 05:53:40
I forgot to mention this because I'm a forgetful forgetter who forgets, but you're all going to Level 12 here.
Gatac 2016-04-09 17:18:27
What a perfect application of Adam's Law...

Adam's Law
When the players are up against the main enemy, they will instantaneously kill him with one lucky shot.
Corollary: If they do not kill him within the first 3 rounds, they will all die.
MikeS 2016-04-09 19:28:25
I seriously dislike how FantastCraft handles crits, and how the monsters are balanced against it.

All the main NPC have large amounts of hp, but not necessarily a lot of wounds. A fight can take forever if you don't roll a crit (and many of my players are remarkably unlucky in that regard), or it can go like the Firebolt fight just did and be amazingly anticlimactic.

I'd prefer a double damage rule to that, and a better Table of Ouch.
Gatac 2016-04-10 01:10:59
Let's hope Spycraft 3 switches things up a bit in that regard.
MikeS 2016-04-11 12:13:45
Sure, for a Departed-flavored campaign, that is fine.

But not for epic fantasy (which I'm assuming is what Gatac is aiming more for with Shinobi). That's kind of like allowing a headshot circus in a wushu movie.
Gatac 2016-04-11 12:25:07
Well, to be fair, it's not like I'm shaking my fist at the skies here, raging against the heavens. I set it up, I rolled the dice, it's an acceptable outcome to me.

That said, I'd totally prefer it if critical hits and the Table of Ouch switched places. As it is, you gotta work really hard to even roll on the Table of Ouch and get one of those nice flavorful injuries, but crits happen a lot and other than somehow loading up on crit immunity (which gets to the aforementioned vitality slog, then), there's really no scaling defense against them.

We'll see how Spycraft 3 does it.