Blood on the Beaches

Dieter 2003-03-22 01:57:20
It had been a while since Kyun had seen a dead body, especially a water logged one. After the initial reeling, Kyuns investigative instincts took over. Producing his PDA from the BDU's he begins taking notes. "Was there some sort of excersice going on with the SEALs and Marines?" Kyun asks Wade.
Dieter 2003-03-22 06:08:30
"Your orders are, Lieutenant, to try and figure out the reason why there's a dead Navy SEAL washed up on the shores of Okinawa. This is the second Spec-Op in as many weeks to not make it back home. What gets me most is, Petty Officer Gibson was part of the SEAL team that was sent to find out why the first operative ended up a floater on the beach. Dammit!"

As Jack finishes with his nightly explatives, the flight crew arrives in the form of two Humvees and people carrying what looks like the USMC equivalent of CSI. The only differences are that they wear BDUs and have shaved heads. A woman wearing Lt. Colonel oakleafs walks over to Jack.

"Alright Colonel, what is it this time. You know me and my mine have other things to do besides solve your squid (re: degrading term used by Marines for Navy guys) murder mysteries."
CrazyIvan 2003-03-22 08:03:17
Brain nods, thinking.

"Colonel, where was the drop? He's way to...intact...to have washed up here unless the drop was close...or someone deposited him near here. And where did the first team go, their objective, etc...From your description, you've hit something capable of eating a Spec Ops team, and smart enough to know more would come looking to find out what happened."

Brian looks over the body again, pondering the equipment.

"And how many clips did he leave with? He's still in HALO gear, which suggests he didn't even see what killed him coming. But if he fired shots..."
CrazyIvan 2003-03-22 08:32:51
Ayumi keeps uncomfortably silent.

What a waste. Did he catch a bullet in the wrong organ, or did he just hit the water wrong?

She scans the body for bullet holes or limbs twisted in unnatural shapes.
Dieter 2003-03-22 19:32:30
Jack addresses the Lt. Colonel...

"Colonel Rayburn, with all due respect to you and your staff...it ain't your fucking job to decide which case is more important than another. That's my job. Now quit your bureaucratic bullshit and get to work on finding out what/who killed this boy."

Jack then takes the team aside while Colonel Rayburn's staff start their investigation.

"I want you all to watch these people. Give them a wide berth, but at the same time don't feel like you can't butt in and ask questions. They're good people, really...but their schedules tend to push the burnout rate into the stratosphere. Cooperate with them, get to know 'em...because I'm thinking they know alot more than they are telling me. I'm counting on the fact that you people are fresh faces to Colonel Rayburn's team and they might be a little more willing to deal with you than me."
Dieter 2003-03-23 00:57:17
Kyun finishes making initial notes. "Before you go Colonel, you mentioned that Gibson here was part of the second team. How many people were on that team?"
Dieter 2003-03-23 08:46:47
Ayumi raises her eyebrows.

"What was that about a first jumper, Colonel?"
Dieter 2003-03-24 17:46:44
"SEAL Team-20 was deployed 'bout a week ago to surveil a new North Korean airbase just outside the DMZ. They went in by HALO with an identical outcome to what we have tonight, 'cept that was a Chief Petty Officer with a family of four back in San Diego. That one really pissed me off. I'm guessing Colonel Rayburn's staff are going to find no gunshots or slashmarks on Gibson's body. That's the same condition they found CPO Hillard's corpse when he floated up onto shore a few days ago. His cause of death was a snapped neck creatively diguised as a parachuting accident presumably from a botched HALO descent. Now, I've known the Jumpmaster, Master Chief Sinclair, for more years than I care to say. I also know damn well he wouldn't let any soldier jump with a bad chute. The only two reasons I have right now are: 1)There's gremlins on those C-17s they're using or 2) Those North Ko-reans are smarter bastards than we think they are."