Cloak & Broadsword: Agent Spiner - Chapter 2: Sorting it all

Dieter 2004-07-15 22:22:26
Q: What is your name?
A: Larry Taggert

Q: What people want me for?
A: Larry again snorts as if the answer should be obvious...especially to the person who did it. After a few good slaps and Elena's application of a switchblade to more "tender" parts, Larry humors Jess with an answer.

"About a month ago...I think it was on the BBC, there were photos of you (looking at Jess) poisoning the American drug lord Tommy Vercetti in a plaza in Venice. Furthermore, the photos showed you and mostly your henchmen finishing off Vercetti and the rest of his entourage. Your name is Jessica Spiner, right? You're some sort of hoity-toity American heiress that apparently wanted to expand your fortunes in the world on international drug trafficking. Soon after, you were placed on Interpol, FBI, and FSBs most wanted. Needless to say, you also drew attention from the Mr. Vercetti's business associates. Word around the mercenary campfire is that you were worth $20 milllion cash if taken alive. That's quite an incentive for a person such as myself who regularly doesn't have to piss in. Does that answer yer question?"

It's all now coming back to Jess, that morning in Venice...right before she was to kill Vercetti.

As the boat pulls away from its moorings, the basement doors open, casting a blinding beam of daylight on the sleep-weary agents. The boat comes about and throttles up and out into the open waters of the lagoon. Liz seems confident yet impatient as the speedboat heads into a canal. She gives Ivan a nod which causes him to unearth from a cargo hold a camera and some clips of pistol ammunition. He hands Liz the camera (which she slings over a shoulder) and the ammo.

(Edited by Dieter at 2:26 pm on Sep. 3, 2004)
Gatac 2004-07-16 06:27:35
Jess scowls.

"Well, I really have to give her credit, that was some good spin here. You see, I did do that, though for an entirely unrelated reason...but the fact that the lid was blown off the story seems to suggest I have fallen out of favor."

She grabs one of the AKs, racks the bolt and aims it at Larry.

"Well, I guess they just would have been in my way. And this is where we say farewell to this mortal coil, Larry..."
Dieter 2004-07-16 17:06:12
Larry panics, throwing a fit at the prospects of being gunned down.

"Wait! Jeezus! Maybe we can strike some sort of deal. Something on the lines of Don't kill me and I'll be your personal bitch until such a time as my usefulness wains. Hmmm??? How 'bout that? I know people. Well, I know people who know people."

The Scot is definitely grasping at straws.
Gatac 2004-07-16 17:36:17
"I'm a reasonable person. You have ten seconds to convince me you have not exhausted your usefulness. Countdown starts...NOW."
Dieter 2004-07-16 18:20:42

Larry's eyes move, denoting that he's digging deep into that brain of his for someone...anyone that might keep him breathing.

"Um...er. Yer gotta give me more ti-..."

Jess brings the AK up to her shoulder, putting poor Larry's head in the peepsight.

"Um...there's..There's this guy name Max. Yeah, Max is his name. He's a dealer of information and such..."

Jess' finger slides down past the rifle's trigger guard.

"Max Godot. He's French, well...his family's lived in Monaco for centuries. They've sold out more than a few people over the years..."

"Look. That's the only name that comes to mind right now! All my real contact information unfortunately was left at the base when I got in the chopper! It's a just a jumble of first, last names, and phone numbers."

Jess pulls back on the trigger.

"I swear to God-almighty! That all I know!"

(pisses himself)

Gatac 2004-07-16 18:32:04
The shot breaks, echoing through the small room. There's a tense moment until Larry realises that Jessica's shot barely passed by his head, instead drilling the wall.

"Make no mistake about it, Larry; just because I don't like killing people doesn't mean I don't do it, but I'm sure you already know that. As of now, all that managed to deflect this shot was the fact that I think you might be more useful in a civil conversation."

Keeping the gun trained at Larry, she turns to Elena.

"Paper and pen for our friend. Oh, and see if you can't find a change of underwear for the big baby."
Dieter 2004-09-03 17:40:51
Larry sings like a canary and writes an Tolstoy-sized epic of names, locations, and pretty much every dirty, low-down thing he knows. And while, knowledge is power with Jess now having a significant amount of leads, the fact remains that she's still stuck in BFE Russia.
Gatac 2004-09-03 18:40:53
Jess does a quick once-over of Larry's notes, her smile growing by the second.

"You are really quite useful, Larry. This is a lot more than I hoped for, and I'd like to thank you for your cooperation."

She tilts her head over to Elena.

"Can we get rid of this little fuck in a non-lethal way?"
Dieter 2004-09-03 18:51:50
Elena pulls back the slide on her pistol, applying the business end firmly to poor Larry's temple.

"So sorry. The army did not teach me a non-lethal way. Besides, I am not driving that infernal snowmachine back out there again."
Gatac 2004-09-03 18:55:54
"Elena, please give me the gun."

Jessica holds out her hand, then finishes the thought in English for Larry's benefit.

"I'll do it."
Dieter 2004-09-03 19:24:09
Elena cracks a smile then nods, handing the pistol to Jess.

"As you wish. You are the guest of the house."
Gatac 2004-09-03 19:34:19
Jessica grabs the gun and levels it at Larry.

"I'm giving you a choice. I can either chase you out into the snow and let the elements take care of you, or I can walk you out of the door and shoot you right there. Your decision."
Dieter 2004-09-03 19:38:29
Larry thinks for a long second.

"Eh. I would prefer taking me chances with the wolves. They at least won't shoot me in the head."
Gatac 2004-09-03 19:47:39
"Five minutes, Larry. Since you don't like being shot, I'd recommend you get going. Think warm thoughts."
Dieter 2004-09-03 19:55:47
The Scot leaps from his chair, running towards the door and kicks it open.

Elena, looking none too happy at releasing Larry, lights a cigarette and scowls at Jess. She then stands up and grabs her rifle, pulling back its receiver as she steps toward the open door.
Gatac 2004-09-03 20:03:53
"Why don't you leave him to the wolves? He's a waste of ammo."
Dieter 2004-09-03 20:24:55
Elena pauses for a moment, then brings the rifle up to her shoulder and snapshots a round downrange.

Lowering the rifle and closing the door, she sits back down.

"If you must know...I only winged him. It would be a shame to let the wolves go hungry, although that bastard does not have much meat on his bones."

Snuffing out her cigarette and quickly lighting another, Elena walks over to small rolltop desk, revealing a brand new laptop with all associated accoutrements. Powering it up from sleep mode, she clicks on an application and begins typing.

Now, I am supposing that you wish to leave my company and return to the Bourgeous lifestyle of your American capitalist friends. No? I have a friend in Krasnoyarsk that may be able to help."
Dieter 2004-09-03 21:16:16
"He's actually a real scumbag. My ex-boyfriend and he had a business together some years ago, that was before the guy started selling fake ID's and surplus weaponry from the trunk of his Volga. I still talk to him from time to time when I need this or that. He's a good fixer, just always ask for merchandise up front before paying him."

A few minutes go by and the *ding* and window of an instant messenger notification pops up on her screen.

[BigSasha2991 has just sent you an instant message]

-Elena?
-Yes?
-Hey. You mailed me, not the other way around.
-True.
-I have a someone interested in your services.
-Really? Who?
-A friend from the University.
-Nice. Does she have big t!ts? :)
-Haha. You wish.
-What does she want?
-Travel papers.
-Hmm.

[BigSasha2991 is idle]
[BigSasha2991 is no longer idle]

-It will cost 1200 USD, cash upon delivery.
-Done
-Good I hate bargaining. Have your friend meet me at the Lenin statue iin Krasnoyarsk. 7pm tomorrow night. Be sure to mail me her vitals and where she would like to go.
-Ok. Thank you. I will remember this favor.
-Yeah. Yeah. You're such tease.
-TTYL

[BigSasha2991 is no longer available]

(Edited by Dieter at 3:21 pm on Sep. 3, 2004)