Post-Game

Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-12-16 21:26:40
This might be a little ahead of time, but here it is anyway.

As you might tell, we are drawing to a good stopping point for the ol' Star Wars game. I'll lay out my current plans first:

1. Everyone's character can say or react as they will to the end, or not as they so choose. I'll probably fully close the thread on monday or so.

2. I would like to continue Star Wars, but I have had a hankering to bring the Los Santos SCU back for a case. I can't run two full games at the same time, it just doesn't work for me. What I was thinking about doing, however, was running Jorm and Aurelia's secret project as a side game. It would be a little slower paced, both to account for Ivan's slower schedule and the fact that I am likely to be pretty busy through the holidays and with work once I get back. I can also use the opportunity to bring in some old cameos if the situation arises.

Anyways, I enjoyed running Vandal Squadron, I hoped you enjoyed playing. I'm not sure what factors played a part, but this game felt more "Star Wars-y" than Scum and Villainy, even though I wasn't trying as hard to maintain my own idea of what a "Star Wars-y" style is. Perhaps it's because it was Rebels vs. the Empire, maybe it's 'cause there were X-Wings and space battles and stuff. I don't know. I did enjoy where the style deviated; Tanteldra was right out of Firefly; accounts of special forces in Vietnam were the inspirations for nearly every 8th or 12th Wing NPC, as well as what ocurred in 303A13 at any given moment; and that influence plus the fighter pilot backdrop gave the whole thing a tinge of the new Battlestar Galactica, right down to "May the force be with you" standing in for "So say we all" at the memorial service.

Also, TIE Pilots are better at flying than Stormtroopers are at shooting. It made the combats a little less one-sided than the mooks you guys cut down like wheat in Scum & Villainy.

As always, regrets: It's a big group, and as usual peoples' schedules mean that Dutch, Calsera, and Jorm got the lion's share of the spotlight. Eritram pretty much only showed up to shoot torpedoes at things, for which I apologize.

Also, there was a lack of a clear-cut arch-villain... but that's hard to do when most of the time you face your foe through a targeting computer.
Aihal the Silent 2005-12-16 22:38:14
Sad news, but understandable. I really enjoyed playing Vandal Squadron and I'm glad you're willing to run it as a side game.

It might be nice to use some of the people and places in one of the table top games. It'll add more to the fairly extensive universe of characters we've already created for that.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-12-16 22:43:26
Let it be known: I do not intend to completely stop running Vandal Squadron forever; I just need a change of pace.
fanchergw 2005-12-16 22:57:17
All in all, great fun! To me, this seemed more like one (or maybe two) episode(s), than a whole season or movie. Thus, it's entirely understandable that the BigBad didn't appear. He'll (or she'll) show up later in another episode. (A female Sith Lord might be very interesting - imagine Jileeza with The Force. Yeeks!)
DatonKallandor 2005-12-16 23:52:35
It was awesome fun, and I attribute the Eritram "only launching torpedoes every now and then" to my inexpirience in RP matters.

Daton
threadbare 2005-12-17 21:11:40
Ganet's a slightly mysterious character, but I never got the characterization quite right. IDK, maybe next Episode we can talk it out beforehand.
Gatac 2005-12-18 11:20:06
I would've liked to give Mandall a bit more time to unfold his backstory, but overall I really liked this.

(Oh, and if we ever level up, I'm raising Mandall's Combat, because, DAMN.)

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-12-19 15:13:21
Ah yes, leveling up.

Go look at your characters in the "Vandal Squadron PCs" thread. You may raise ONE Trait (Physical, Combat, Knowledge, Wits, Spirit) ONE die type

OR

Add a new Specialization.

You guys can just post in the PCs thread what you want to do.

Moving on to the side game; Obviously I'd like to have Jorm and Aurelia on board. Other than that, I'm not going to stop anyone else from playing in it; it'll just be slower-paced posting and probably won't be as shooty-centric as the last adventure.
fanchergw 2005-12-19 17:19:46
ADS,

I guess I'll add a Fighter Pilot specialization to Wits. This would apply to any one- or two-person combat fighter/bomber up to about the size of a B-wing or so.

Gordon
threadbare 2005-12-20 03:05:15
I'll up my Combat to d10. Ganet should be wicked good with a blaster at close range, anyway, especially when he's fighting on a ship.