Blood on the Beaches - Chapter 1: Endangered S.E.A.L.S

Dieter 2003-04-25 20:27:35
The diver equips-up Jess and takes her down to the waiting sub. Despite the heavy wave action, the sound of sonic booms and cannonfire can be profoundly heard from the sky above.

In the near distance (about 1/2 km away) a surface vessel is spotted by the team. Lieutenant Hyland radios the sub for more info.

"Roger that, Whiskey-Two-Niner. (addressing the team) It seems that the North Koreans don't know how to take a hint. There's a small PT Boat heading this way at 20 knots and closing in fast. The Connecticut has been given the expressed order of not firing until fired upon, which puts us in a heap of trouble."

The rescue diver resurfaces with a waterproof duffel bag in tow. He takes off his rebreather.

"Lieutenant...I heard the comm chatter and figured we might need something to buy some time. The last S.E.A.L team had stowed in the airlock for this sort of scenario."

Hyland throws the bag aboard the edge of the raft and unzips it, revealing an AT-4 and two pairs of NV Goggles. He smiles with some relief.

"Well. I think you at least bought us some piece of mind. Take the next one down to the sub."

Unfurling the rocket launcher, the Lieutenant seems to be slightly out of his element.

"Erm...The Navy taught me how to rescue people, not to kill 'em. Any of you guys know which end to point at the enemy?"

(Edited by Dieter at 1:29 pm on April 25, 2003)
CrazyIvan 2003-04-25 21:22:08
Brian grins.

"I think I can manage. Unless someone else wants the job?"
CrazyIvan 2003-04-27 02:19:52
"Absolutely, unless you'd rather be off the boat when this thing goes off? The idea is to hit the wheelhouse." Brain says as he rests the launcher against the floor of the raft, prepping it for a shot.
Dieter 2003-04-28 16:27:13
The diver takes Carla below water as Brian lines up a shot at the patrol boat with the rocket launcher.

"Clear! Fire in the hole!"

*P-WOOSH!*

Smoke and embers spew from the launcher's exhaust port as the rocket streaks towards the patrol boat. Those who are NV equipped see the smoke trail skim across the waterline followed by a brief flash of intense green light. The boat's wheelhouse erupts into a ball of incendiaries and shrapnel as partially inflamed soldiers exit the area and jump overboard. Moments later, a secondary explosion is seen tearing what was left of the boat asunder.
Dieter 2003-04-30 06:38:17
"Yatta! Nice shot!"

Ayumi claps Brian on the back and helps him pull the smoking tube off his shoulder. Her starlight lenses help her take in the distant carnage. She keeps an eye on the wreck, looking for the soldiers that jumped overboard.
Dieter 2003-04-30 16:29:49
The battle in the air goes unabated as the rest of the rescue is uneventful.

Thirty feet below, things are anything but quiet. As the team exits the outer airlock and into the corridor, they are greeted by a Navy officer with silver oakleafs on his uniform.

"Good work Lieutenant and welcome aboard the Connecticut. I'm Commander Jeff Stanley, the boat's XO. I'd give you the nickel tour, but as you know...we're currently experiencing the prelude to WWIII upstairs. Now that you're aboard, we're diving deep and getting the hell out of here. Someone will get you folks dry clothes, but right now I gotta get back to the bridge. Feel free to join when you get settled. Watch yourself when moving through the boat, it's gonna get a bit rough."