Jade Imperium - OOC 8

punkey 2008-04-09 17:53:33
Do we know where everyone is at this point in time? (Read: Is Davis out by himself, waiting to get shot in the back? :))
Dieter 2008-04-09 18:05:42
Punkey wrote:

Do we know where everyone is at this point in time? (Read: Is Davis out by himself, waiting to get shot in the back? :))

That's the same question I have.
fanchergw 2008-04-09 18:10:46
I'm hoping one or two fighters stayed with the ship, just for safety.

As for Semo, he's looking for a spot with some cover and from which his portable cannon can fill most of the valley with airburst.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2008-04-09 20:43:56
Well, lay it out then. Yes, unless I misread your post Punkey Davis has managed to find himself some cover away from the majority of (whoever might have come along).

Who do you want to leave with Swims, Bello, and One-Ton back at the ship? I might be forgetting someone, but there's:

Aq (Bello's driver)
Oskell (bald rebel)
Nutt (teenage ex-child soldier)
Ahaz (rebel)
Tais (rebel)
Ngawai
Arketta
Mellish
punkey 2008-04-09 20:51:31
Yeah, that's what I was going for, but I was hoping that maybe a few NPCs or someone came with him. I would have put in there that he asked a few of them to come with him while he sets up a crossfire, but I didn't really know who was there. As for who stays back at the ship, I think that we have the rebels Davis saved back in Gran's Hope and Aq keeping an eye out for any badness descending on the Morningstar.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2008-04-09 20:55:04
Ngawai'll go with you, and it might make sense for Mellish as well as he's the other support gunner (assuming Semo is with Hugh's fireteam).

Good. That makes at least:

Fireteam A:
Hugh
Semo
Arketta

Fireteam B:
Davis
Ngawai
Mellish
fanchergw 2008-04-09 22:02:36
Assuming that Max came along, I'd recommend him joining Team A along with one of the rebels (Oskell?). Then balance the teams by adding 2 rebels to Team B (Ahaz and Tais?). The remainder (Aq and Nutt) would stay with the ship.

If by chance Max decided to stay with the ship, replace him in Team A with Nutt.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2008-04-10 00:15:49
Yes, Luis can be there and would probably be in fireteam A.

Of the PCs, the two I was wondering about whether they'd be there were Davis and Max. I know Davis is there; what about Max?

Davis wants to leave all the new NPCs at the ship; Semo wants to divvy 'em up with the fireteams. Bringing them to the ambush makes it harder to hide everyone (but not terribly more difficult), but then that's 4-5 more guns firing at the bad people. Of course, a good stealth means that with luck you won't need those extra guns so just let me know.
punkey 2008-04-10 02:07:05
Also, then there's people to guard the ship if this is a trap.
fanchergw 2008-04-10 03:18:10
admiralducksauce wrote:

Yes, Luis can be there and would probably be in fireteam A.

Of the PCs, the two I was wondering about whether they'd be there were Davis and Max. I know Davis is there; what about Max?

Davis wants to leave all the new NPCs at the ship; Semo wants to divvy 'em up with the fireteams. Bringing them to the ambush makes it harder to hide everyone (but not terribly more difficult), but then that's 4-5 more guns firing at the bad people. Of course, a good stealth means that with luck you won't need those extra guns so just let me know.

Oops, forgot about Luis. Sorry.

If he's there, then I'd put Max in B if he comes. Semo wasn't suggesting bringing all the NPCs, just enough to fill out the fireteams. 5 each seems good, but 4 each would work, too.

Gordon
e of pi 2008-04-10 03:48:05
I'm cool with the layout as discussed. Chances are we'd be just as buggered with 4 on a team as we would with 5, especielly considering the additions would be NPCs.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2008-04-11 17:45:52
I almost posted initiatives before realizing "why would Clubby even get a shot?"

You've got a possibly dying prisoner and a ship. Not to mention some Whiirr meat, some scrap metal, and a rather Mad Max-looking hand-held cannon of some sort.
Gatac 2008-04-11 19:06:19
a-team-gp.jpg

I love it when a plan comes together.

Now, secure the ship, heal whoever is still alive and get the fuck out of here. Grab the vox, but make sure it's off off.

Gatac
punkey 2008-04-11 19:40:52
Davis will want to head back to the Morningstar after this.
Gatac 2008-04-11 19:41:40
Okay, next step, we use the ship to grab our resistance buddies. Whoever doesn't want to go on that heads back to the Morningstar with the sled.

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2008-04-11 21:08:50
'Twas a good plan backed up with some good rolling. Could have gone bad if Ngawai got spotted, but hey, she didn't.

So Davis is heading back to the 'Star on the warsled? Who else is going back to the freighter vs. going to pick up Bello's people?

Heh. Shit. Um... *makes GM retcon* Bello's been with you the entire time. Remember how he wasn't coming? He totally changed his mind. :)
fanchergw 2008-04-11 21:25:28
Damn. This is what happens when I actually do work at work.

If we're splitting up, Semo will stay with the sled unless Hugh decides otherwise.