Jade Imperium - OOC 8

Admiral Duck Sauce 2008-03-19 16:27:22
Amusingly, you actually beat that 3d10 (a 6 was the highest that came up) with your base 2d8. The interceptors COULD have beat it as well, but their highest was a 4. Doh.
punkey 2008-03-19 16:34:30
*cue Queens of the Stone Age - Make It Wit Chu*

We're talking about conjugation in Microbiology, so I figured, it's time to make that move. :wink:
fanchergw 2008-03-19 16:45:05
So Ngawai's gonna come after Semo... Should be interesting, unless she goes for the slitting the throat in the night bit. :(
Admiral Duck Sauce 2008-03-20 17:20:07
Angel's at 3/6 Wounds, 6/14 Shock, and 0 Wild Dice. You spent your last to make the most of me ONCE AGAIN rolling ones on toughness and armor on that second attack.
Dieter 2008-03-20 17:36:22
You have the drop on him. Unload that silenced pistol on him then charge with your knife.
punkey 2008-03-20 20:47:06
Damn, I thought that was at least a "dinner and a movie" line. :) Timing could have been a little better, probably.
CrazyIvan 2008-03-20 23:44:55
Dieter is a bad influence, but that was my thought too.

Careful aimed shot to the last hunter to take his mind of anything like reporting in, then making good and sure he's dead.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2008-03-21 13:06:43
Yeah, Davis has pretty bad timing. Especially when it was you who brought up the mouldering corpse sitting in the mess hall. :) (I know it's probably not really in the mess hall) Still, it's not a "no", is it?

Also, were you guys actually going to head off after Max, Angel, and Arketta or were you just going to do corpse retrieval? :twisted: Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far I have:

Semo driving
Bello
And that's it.

I saw one and then a second IC post from Davis saying that first he would "be down in a sec", presumably to ride along, and then another with Ngawai saying he'd "be stuck there with her". So I have no clue.

Secondly, how do you plan on finding them?
Dieter 2008-03-21 14:27:50
admiralducksauce wrote:

I stopped the fight posting because I didn't know if Max was going to head back to help.

Not to metagame here, but regardless of how Angel's doing, I think it would be reaching the point where we'd have to go investigate.

So, in short...yes, we're going to help.
Gatac 2008-03-21 15:56:44
Hugh is definitely going to ride along on the gravsled.

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2008-03-21 16:53:58
Cool.

Hugh, Semo, and Bello on the sled.

Punkey, what's Davis going to do? And is Luis going to come with or stay with the ship? If you're worrying about not having anyone to pilot it if you leave, Swims and One-Ton can handle it as long as there's not a chase involved.

And Angel and the hunter go through 3 rounds of block-block-block stalemate before Max blows 2 wild dice and deals 7 wounds/12 shock from a 9mm that normally maxes out at 6.
punkey 2008-03-21 17:39:10
Davis is coming or going based on Hugh's say-so at the moment, since he figures he's already made enough trouble for right now. And I'm still waiting on an answer from Ngawai. He'd like to stay and observe the funeral, but that also depends on her.
Gatac 2008-03-21 17:55:39
While I don't like straight-out imposing a "Stay here" order, we're down too many people already and I want to make sure that there's a competent mix of guys staying with the ship in case there's trouble.

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2008-03-21 18:59:31
Shit. I completely forgot Team Max/Angel still had their prisoner. He would have been awake by now. Hrm... in lieu of conducting a massive time warp, let's say you impressed upon him the need to cooperate with your escape but he remained mum on the subject of his identity and purpose until now.

Sorry guys, too many plot threads. :)

I will throw out this offer though: you can cut him loose, tell him to run, oh, I don't know, "THAT way", and I'll give you a bonus to evade further pursuit.
Dieter 2008-03-21 19:29:17
admiralducksauce wrote:

I will throw out this offer though: you can cut him loose, tell him to run, oh, I don't know, "THAT way", and I'll give you a bonus to evade further pursuit.

There is no way I'm letting a known enemy get away. That only means we have to kill a bigger, stronger version of the former at some point down the road. If Ivan's alright with it, I'd rather just kill our prisoner, thrown him in a ditch then stack the three hunter bodies somewhere with a note that reads:

Imperium: 0
Narsai: 3

YOU'RE NEXT! :D
punkey 2008-03-21 19:32:07
Or you could just knock him out again and either take him or leave him.
CrazyIvan 2008-03-22 09:35:04
Considering I had a plan involving large amounts of very small rocks, a trip wire and the remaining grenades Angel has on him...

Angel would prefer the intel on him, and a panic-y decoy never hurts. But I won't object if we put a bullet in him.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2008-03-24 17:33:59
Easter weekend ate up my time, and I have to go to the office tonight. I will attempt to get everything moving again tomorrow.
fanchergw 2008-03-25 18:39:41
I'm assuming that the Delta radios work, but the range may be limited without satellites or whatever to boost the signal? I presume they were designed to work anywhere on Earth, so they would need a fair range to be able to be detected by the aforementioned satellites?

I doubt the Empirium has any concept of radio or the equipment to track the signals, so they should be pretty safe.