Birds of Prey

Dieter 2003-02-10 21:26:34
Had a slight weapons malfunction, but everything's perfectly alright now. We're fine, we're all fine, here now, thank you. How are you?

You get the picture.

Jess' long diatribe about the saving the world from slavic terrorists is interrupted by the tower manager.

"Ok...ok. Slow down. Let's just take care of this the right way, shall we?"

(She picks up the receiver on her desk phone and begins dialing.)

"Lou? It's Stephanie. We have a Code 33 brewing over here at the tower. I need you and your men over here ASAP. Thanks."

The manager puts down the phone and looks at Jess and Harry.

"The hotel's chief of security and a few of his finest should be here in a few minutes. He'll assist you in any way necessary."
Gatac 2003-02-10 22:02:48
Jess smiles.

"Thank you for your coorporation. Daniel, bring the strike team in. Miss Davidson, we need to find out in which suite they are. Could we go over your records ?"
threadbare 2003-02-11 06:40:43
Harry remains silent and flips out his cell phone in a businesslike manner. He heads for the next room to call artis, gavin, or (if they don't answer) Domino's pizza.
Dieter 2003-02-11 16:19:03
Artis' phone begins to ring as the elevator doors open up on the lobby level.

A cold read of the manager would suggest that she's definitely in a state of unease. This may just be from the Jess' word choice (extreme violence, bloodbath, contract killers, terrorism, etc.) or the fact that she may not be believing everything she is hearing.
Dieter 2003-02-11 18:41:04
"Hello? Oh, hey. We're gonna need you guys when you're done with the hotel lady."
Dieter 2003-02-11 20:43:00
Stratosphere Tower, 7:49PM (as overheard by Artis et al.)

As Artis patiently listens for Harry's reponse, screaming and the subsequent sounds of what seems like office furniture being tossed about fills his earpiece.

GO! GO! GO! Get on the ground! Get on the ground! Hands where we can see them! Don't fucking try anything!
Dieter 2003-02-12 15:38:00
We interrupt normally scheduled storyline update with a plot derailment of John Woo proportions

Upon hearing the apparent bushwhacking of Harry and Jess by the hotel security, he immediately re-evaluates the game plan.

Fuck that noise. I guess it's time for Plan B*

Artis pushes the elevator button to head back up to the goon-infested hotel floor.

Time to lock and load.

(Edited by Dieter at 10:11 am on Feb. 12, 2003)
threadbare 2003-02-13 06:51:32
Harry puts his hands on his head and says quite loudly, "Well, shit. I wasn't expecting this."
Gatac 2003-02-13 11:11:43
Jess holds her hands up similarly, but grins.

"I think I can say with a fair degree of certainty that this will go down in history as the worst maljudgement of your life, Ms. Davidson. Enjoy the quiet of the moment, it's not going to last."
Dieter 2003-02-13 16:24:41
"On the contrary, miss. We were alerted earlier this evening that someone might pull a wild stunt like you just did. I had my doubts at first, but your story was a little too over the top."

The security chief enters the room as his men begin to cuff Harry and Jess.

"Steph, the LVPD is on its way."

Stratosphere Tower, Rooftop

Gavin ties off a drop line to one of the many steel beams making up the tower superstructure. Clipping it to his harness, he then slowly rappels over the side and gets into position.

Heron to Goose, I'm in position.

As Gavin's message comes over the comm channel, the elevator's rapid ascent slows as it reaches its destination. It stops and the doors begin to open.

Ding!
Gatac 2003-02-13 17:44:57
"And of course you believed that call. First come, first served ?"
Dieter 2003-02-13 17:55:57
"The word of the personal bodyguard to the special envoy of Russia's Foreign Ministry is good enough for me."

(gesturing to the security)

"Take them to the detainment room until the police arrive. I have someone from the envoy's detail come down."
Dieter 2003-02-14 03:03:17
Stratosphere Tower: Executive Suites, 7:55pm

The elevator doors open, revealing two goons going about their business (i.e. scratching their asses and looking menacing). Artis gives the go code.

Um...1-2-3....Go!

Alot of things happen at once.

Pwip...Pwip...Pwip...Pwip

Four sequencial shots from both Artis and Brian yield two dead goons with associated double-taps to the head and chest. Just then, Gavin swings around to the suite window and does his best Bruce Willis from the original Die Hard (TM) movie.

Yippee-Kay-Yay motherfuckers!

He always wanted to say that.

Gavin fires a burst at the window, spider-webbing the fascade as he crashes through the distressed pane. He lands on his feet and unclips himself from his dropline. A quick scan of the suite reveals 2 goon-looking men along with another man and woman clad in fatigues. They appear to be yelling something to the extent of,

"WAKE UP YOU FUCKING IDIOTS!"

As they say that, they draw weapons to bear...the female using two pistols and the male a shotgun.

Outside near the elevator

While Brian takes care of the bodies, Raven and Artis go to work on the elevator control panel. The work seems to go by without much success. As Raven finally splices the right wires together Artis gets a better idea.

"Hey, Osprey...drag one of those goons over here."

Raven doesn't seemed thrilled about the idea of using a body as a doorstop. Artis glares back at him,

"Don't knock it till you try it."
Dieter 2003-02-18 18:08:58
Artis shoots off the suite's door lock with Brian booting the door in.

Inside they see Gavin going for cover as three heavily armed men and one woman fill out the suite's occupants.

Both sides mouth off a resounding grimace.

Fuck! It's you people! DIE!

The team gets the drop (but not a surprise) on them. Gavin lets off two wide bursts at the Deckers. Spraying across the couple, the first shots hit Hannah as Mike manages to go for cover. The bullets hit center-mass, knocking the female assassin back a few paces.

Flanking from the door, Artis and Brian fire into the fray. Hannah is hit again by a wide burst from Brian but manages to duck as Artis' bullets go wide, shattering assorted decor and finery in the room.

The bad guys counter attack with one of the goons pulling out a pistol as the second goes for a nearby cabinet. Gavin is hit by a three-round burst from the goon but takes no appreciable damage. The second goon opens up the cabinet, swinging his stance toward Gavin and racking a shell into the breech of a shotgun.

Hannah does her impression of Mr.White letting loose a flurry of akimbo style pistol bursts at Brian. The bullets riddle the agent with .45 cal justice. He's still up, but is now doubting the merits of just using one gun.

Mike brings his shotgun (a USAS-12) up to his shoulder and fires a burst at both agents. 12-gauge pellets tear into them with Brian taking the majority of the punishment.

Raven stands ready (as a player controlled NPC) behind the relative safety of the outside wall to help out where need be.

Meanwhile...in the tower lobby

As the security detail begins to cart off Harry and Jess, Harry begins acting weird.

"Th-th-the...lights...t-t-t-too...b-br-bright!"

He collapses to the floor, flailing about and attempting to fake a seizure. Jess adds to the charade.

"Now look what you've done. You've not only botched our operation, but your Gestapo-like tactics have caused my friend to have a seizure!"

The act seems to be working as the security guards are a bit taken aback by Harry's performance. And as all this is happening, the chief of security's radio scrambles to an emergency tone.

"This is Merrill, go ahead, over."

Sir, we have a report of shots being fired on level 1 of the tower suites. Repeat. Shots fired on level 1 of tower suites!

"Copy that. Understood. We'll be right up. Dispatch additional units and update LVPD of the situation. You two (pointing at the security guards) come with me. You (pointing at security guard #3) call for a medical team then take her (Jess) to the detention area. Alright, lets go."

The three security guards head for the elevator as the one lone guard (heh) calls for a doctor. He is noticably jittery (and slightly oblivious) to everything else around him.
Dieter 2003-02-18 20:24:28
"Daniel!"

Jess turns to the guard, talking fast and nervously.

"Put that phone down, they won't be here in time to save him. He's suffers from photosensitive epilepsy, and since we left the neurochemical stimulants in the car, he needs our help, as soon as possible."

The guard looks a bit confused, which probably isn't his fault since the whole situation has become a bit F.U.B.A.R'ed.

Jess waits for the guard's reaction as Harry begins emitting the appropriate amount of staged angony.
She gets on one knee and cradles Harry's head in her arms.

"My god, he's choking on his own tongue! Either let me help him or do what I tell you, but don't just stand there and let him die of asphyxiation !"

The guard seems to not know exactly what to do.

I...er...you...um, ok...here you...

As the guard reaches to undo his belt, Jess gives him an strong left elbow to the erm...groin. His eyes roll back as he falls to his knees.
Dieter 2003-02-19 17:09:53
Jess grabs the cuff keys from the guard and attempts to unlock Harry. After some work (i.e. one round), Harry is freed. He then takes the opportunity to shock the hell out of the guard with his tazer cufflinks. The guard (who was already in a kneeling position) slumps all the way to the floor.

Harry unlocks Jess' cuffs and they begin to recon the area.

Tower Suite Level 1

As Raven guards the door, he notices that someone is trying to call the elevator back down.

"Uh...guys?"

Brian fires two narrow bursts at Hannah. His shots miss their mark, shredding parts of the sofa she is using as cover.

Artis lets off two shots at Hannah, the first punching yet another hole in the sofa with the second winging the she-bitch assassin.

Gavin decides that Hannah must go down this time, so he empties his clip into her. He stitches her across the chest, with most of the bullets shattering what was left of any inanimate objects in her area.

The goons fire back at Gavin, both horribly missing their target.

In a feat of two-gun expertise, Hannah divides her attention between Brian and Gavin, giving each two bursts from her pistols. Her initial shots spatter into the wall adjacent to Brian position, the second burst hitting Brian's slightly exposed shoulder.

Gavin wasn't so lucky. Hannah's first burst is caught by his vest but clips his jugular with the second. Hannah then ducks down completely behind the sofa.

As the bullets and pieces of home decor fly about the hotel suite, Artis notices something get ejected, landing about 15ft outside the front door. It looks like a small pineapple, but it sure as hell ain't the fruity kind.
Dieter 2003-02-20 19:38:10
Brian moves over to the grenade and kicks it into the open elevator. Raven sees it skitter across the marble-tiled floor and rest at his feet.

"What?!....NOOO!!"

He attempts dive out of the elevator just as the grenade goes off. The concussion of the blast propels the snoop an additional few feet as the elevator erupts in a ball of fire and metal fragmentations.

Raven is still alive, but is a bit mangled from the explosion.

All the while Artis goes for a pop-up attack on Hannah. As she reloads her pistols, his shot hits her in the vest. Artis then moves back to his total cover position.

Back inside the room, things are getting messier. As Gavin expends the last round in his MP5, he is already preparing for a reload. He does so and continues to try and administer his brand of 9mm justice upon the bad guys.

Still bleeding profusely from his critical wound last round, Gavin takes cover behind a armchair and fires a narrow burst at the goon with the shotgun. Not having the luxury of a kevlar vest, the goon takes a grievous stitching across the chest. He's not dead, but probably wishes he were.

Mike takes cover (half (-4 penalty) behind a bronze sculpture and goes to one knee, readying and bracing a shot against the first thing he sees poking around the entrance door.

Hannah finishes reloading and moves toward Gavin's position (she has half cover), also readying an action to pop him if when he fires next.
Dieter 2003-02-20 20:10:57
Harry and Jess are now in close proximity to the elevator. They see the guards and the security chief standing idle waiting for the elevator to come down.

Just then, a booming sound is heard eminating from the elevator shaft. The security chief calls over his radio,

-Command, we have reason to believe there was an explosion in the suite elevator shaft. Request fire and rescue services. And where the hell is the LVPD??!

-Standby. LVPD should be onseen very shortly

-Roger that. We're going to be heading for the service elevator. That will get us one floor below the suite level. Over?

-Copy that. Use extreme caution.

-No shit?! Over and out.

(Edited by Dieter at 1:15 pm on Feb. 20, 2003)
Dieter 2003-02-21 15:33:27
Gavin tears off a piece of his shirt sleeve, wrapping it around his neck as make-shift bandage. With his other hand, he pulls out a flash-bang grenade and chucks it at the Deckers.
Dieter 2003-02-21 16:30:20
The police arrive in grand fashion, accompanied by a SWAT tactical van and helicopter flying over head. It ascends up to the suite projecting its spotlight in. The goons and Brian are momentarily dazed by the bright light.

A thousand feet below, the police storm into the tower lobby in droves.

Ever see the end of the Blues Brothers?