Shinobi 20 - Ninjas versus Pirates

Mister Andersen 2012-02-25 00:02:42
"We require Herr Olafsen's ledgers of his dealings with the conspirators," Aiko points out, remaining seemingly unmoved by the further revellations and declarations now that she has a concrete target and her training as an Inquisitor is kicking in. "Without evidence of their malfeasance, and without proof of Yukio's right to the throne, any attempt to move against them are nothing but the machinations of criminals and revolutionaries acting on rumour and inuendo, looking for a date with the Lord High Executioner or more likely one of Toshiba's unmarked graves."

She looks at her fellow countrymen who serve as the dread pirate's crew. "Which of the people you name as the conspirators provided this vessel?" she asks him.
Gatac 2012-02-25 11:39:26
"I can get you all my notebooks," Olafsen says, "but I don't have them with me. They're back at the hideout. And the ship is one of Ikishi's."
Mister Andersen 2012-02-26 00:52:30
Aiko sighs, rubbing the bridge of her nose. "That is a problem. It has been my experience that those who seem without power can in fact be the most dangerous and cunning. I have no doubt she has both many informants, as well as assassins ready to act upon your betrayal of the conspiracy, amongst these men -- all of whom are likely all in thrall to her in any event."
punkey 2012-02-27 10:07:34
"One problem at a time," Kasumi says. "We're not dead yet, so we keep our eyes open and our backs to each other. So, having your journals would be a good idea. How would you go about getting them out of your hideout?"
Gatac 2012-02-27 15:26:37
"The obvious way," Olafsen says. "Go there and pick them up. It is my refuge, after all, and I can come and go as I please."
Gatac 2012-03-04 17:26:02
Olafsen's plain explanation draws no reply. You recognize that it is, indeed, the most direct route, but venturing into the well-manned hideout of a notorious pirate with (ahem) fluid allegiances is not a course of action to be cheered even when it is chosen.

What is of more immediate concern is that the crew of the ship seems to be taking the whole "stay out of earshot" thing a little too seriously. There's not one sailor on deck, though you hear muffled sounds from the holds below.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Yukio mumbles, clutching the sword at her side.
Mister Andersen 2012-03-05 14:56:55
"Do you guys still have that bomb handy?" Aiko asks as she cracks the wax seal keeping kamikaze in its scabbard.
punkey 2012-03-10 21:34:26
"Just remember that it's not fused," Kasumi says, drawing her sword. "You have to pull back and release the string. Still, be ready to lash it to something and blow the ship." She motions to Yukio and Olafsen, and heads towards the door to under the decks of the ship.