Vandal Squadron: On-Site Procurement - Chapter 2

Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-09-29 18:45:29
"Test. I want to make sure you know what you're talking about before I let you near my ship. If you're as good as you say you are, we'll get along just fine. Head to the cockpit - she's powered, so you should be able to see the problem right away."

---

Mandall takes stock of his location. There are a few other empty crates near him, big enough to hide a human in if they were flexible. The stormtroopers look to be completely oblivious to their surroundings. The packed earth gives way to deck plating as you get closer to the armored walls of the complex. The "cells" are butted up next to the aforementioned walls, in a low-foot-traffic cul-de-sac near the piles of cargo and storage containers. It's probably fairly close to the drydocks - a fact that is confirmed when Mandall's pilot's eyes catch a glimpse of Ganet doing his best to simply be part of the scenery.

The cells have aftermarket maglocks on their doors and are poorly ventilated at best. In a warmer climate they would be torture devices, or worse, a means of slowly executing prisoners.

The AT-ST's heavy footfalls vibrate the ground as it passes outside the walls. There'd be a window of several minutes while it rounded the complex again.