Spice, Guns, and Credits - Episode 3

Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-11-26 20:54:13
The fence's eyes light up as Reyes relays the good news. "If you're not just blowing space dust, then yeah, I think I can find you a mover on Tatooine who can handle that. I'll set things up with him and get back to you with a meeting spot. For now, don't draw any attention to yourselves, OK? I'll transmit back in 5."
Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-11-26 21:04:13
Reyes' fence messages back and the hologrid lights up once more.

"There's this guy Pinky on Tatooine, he's small-time but he pays well and he's fair if you don't cross him. His main man used to work for Jabba before the slug had his accident. They want you to bring a sample to the Cantina; they'll test it and you can work out how to transfer the junk. Don't take less than 20 grand for it, Terrall."
fanchergw 2003-11-26 23:34:53
Feeling the ship settle to the ground, Jileeza releases the safety straps and lets herself out of the autoblaster cage. Returning to the bridge, she notes the crewman named Reyes making deals with a connection of his.

With nothing better to do, 'Za exits the vehicle and leans up agains the landing pod. Casually scanning the area, she lights up and takes a drag, letting the smoke slowly boil out her nose.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-11-27 04:33:01
Mos Eisley is as it always has been - a hive of scum and villany. Oh, it's got its fair share of legitimate business, mostly in moisture vaporators, machinery parts, and the like, but you would be hard-pressed to find one ship who solely dealt in legal goods. Jileeza perks up as she spots a patrol of four Imperial stormtroopers sauntering through the busy docking areas.

Wayde knows that the stormtroopers out here barely pay lip service to the uniform. Their superiors might even be in the various rackets that sprung up with Jabba's demise, which makes the troopers nothing more than armored thugs. Not that they were anything better than that before...
fanchergw 2003-11-27 06:41:57
Jileeza pauses to watch the troopers make their way through the crowd. She casually walks past the open hatchway, calling inside as she does so. "Heads up, boys! We got company moving this way..."
Gatac 2003-11-27 22:42:57
Erit moves outside as he hears the call, mentally reaching out to the stormtroopers.

That one doesn't look very interesting.
CuteMotherFucker 2003-11-28 12:32:47
Mak lifts his casually rested hand off his blaster, and gives Erit a glance.

"You're gonna have to explain how you do that, some day."

(Edited by CuteMotherFucker at 1:33 pm on Nov. 28, 2003)
Gatac 2003-11-28 13:18:39
Erit smiles - or what passes for a smile on his face.

"I did nothing."
fanchergw 2003-11-29 00:48:24
Jileeza takes in the interplay between Mak and Erit, a smirk gliding over her features. She will have to keep an eye on this one...
Gatac 2003-12-01 08:12:52
The stormtroopers having passed for the moment, Erit turns and walks back into the ship. As he passes by Jileeza, a mental echo passes through her consciousness.

All of my power won't restore Ithor. So don't think I'm lucky.
CrazyIvan 2003-12-01 09:28:37
From inside the cockpit, Arnae watches the stormtroopers pass the Second Chance by. He gets up and comes back into the lounge.

"I'm going out on a limb and assuming that it wasn't Mak's breath that scared them off. Nice work, Erit. Let me buy you a juice or something at the cantina.

"Now, who's going to carry the sample? Here's an idea: not me."
Gatac 2003-12-01 11:14:56
Erit is about to launch into a short explanation that Ithorians do not drink juice if the relevant tree has not been apologised to for taking it's fruit, but then thinks better of it.

"Water will do. And I think I should take the sample, I'm more effective at making myself looking harmless than projecting that onto someone else."
Dieter 2003-12-01 15:15:22
Quote:

Quote: from Infested Paladin on 3:28 am on Dec. 1, 2003
From inside the cockpit, Arnae watches the stormtroopers pass the Second Chance by. He gets up and comes back into the lounge.

"I'm going out on a limb and assuming that it wasn't Mak's breath that scared them off. Nice work, Erit. Let me buy you a juice or something at the cantina.

"Now, who's going to carry the sample? Here's an idea: not me."

Wayde takes the small sealed container (Space Tupperware?) with the trace amounts of Spice.

"I'll do it. If we do get stopped by the Imperials, I'll at least know how to handle things..."
fanchergw 2003-12-01 18:44:21
The voice suddenly manifesting in Jileeza's head surprises her, but then she chuckles. There is far more to this Erit than she had known. He is a force-weilder, and thus far more dangerous than he appears. She will watch him doubly-close from now on.

'Za approaches Wayde. "I can follow you from a distance if you like, as backup. Your choice."

Dieter 2003-12-01 19:00:53
"The less suspicious we look, the better. Stormtroopers are trained to spot and harrass the obvious, so short of walking around with Spice for Sale emblazoned on our blastvests, I think we'll be fine walking together. Failing that, it wouldn't be the first time I've turned my blaster on Imperials." :cheesy:

(smiling with a certain amount of anticipation)
punkey 2003-12-01 19:20:45
"I don't think we'll have to worry about the 'troopers," Reyes says. "The only time they bust someone around here is when they haven't payed up. Unless this Pinky hasn't kept up on his protection money, we should be fine. The transaction happens outside their jurisdiction anyway. We'll pick some random spot and make the transaction there."
CuteMotherFucker 2003-12-01 19:51:49
Mak exhales deeply into a half closed hand and suspiciously sniffs it. He gives Arnae a hard look.

"Fuck you. Rose petals at the fresh mountain air couldn't smell better."

"I'll scout ahead, just in case."

A trained ear will hear a grumbling "Nothin' wrong with mah mothefuckin' breath" as Mak exists through the hatch.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-12-04 17:30:57
Mak leads the group towards the Cantina. It's been a while since he's been here but the back streets haven't changed. They move quickly as Mak darts from alley to alley and soon they arrive at the Mos Eisley Cantina.

(insert cantina theme)

A menagerie of aliens glare at the group as they enter the bar, then go back to their illicit dealings and drinks. A few patrons give Mak a double take and start whispering.

Reyes sees a Nikto look directly his way and nod. The spiky-faced alien's sitting at a booth with a Weequay.

Reyes immediately notices that the booth will only fit two other people. There's an empty round table for four more nearby, but other than that, it looks like the group will have to either mingle throughout the bar or all stand around that one booth.
Dieter 2003-12-04 18:04:10
"Let's mingle while our resident rogue trader does business. Stay close to him and the entrance, you never can tell when this place will erupt with a hail of blaster fire..."

Wayde walks up to the bar and orders a whiskey with a Bonthan Beer chaser, paying attention to any of the patrons who may be taking interest in his Captain's illicit activities.